?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: Narric's "Creative" Writing  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Narric

• Daemon Loremaster of Elsinqart
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart Lore Blog
Narric's "Creative" Writing
« on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:37 PM »
Joined a small creative writing class at college, and wanting to share the small things I've written for it, as well as maybe the odd story I actually get written down. Likely what will be posted here will have little to no contuity with eachother.

Not sure how often I'll pdate this. possible once or twice a month, depending on coursework and creativity.

Baby Gloves - Flash Fiction
It was five minutes of motionless silence after she was born.
Five delicate digits, sitting like dainty statues that surrounded a silk soft and open palm. She flexed her arms, now free in the open air. Pulling back in towards herself, the backs of her hands resting on her belly, just above her narrow hips, where the small new born’s arms began.
I stepped away, eyes transfixed onto the newborn. As I turned my heel, the faintest apology left my lips. “I have to go!” and through the double doors I disappeared.
I lost track of time. A day or two of hiding from work later, reading the classifieds I find: “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.”

Jam & Thunder - Poetry
Couple Simile/Metaphor poems I made in creative writing class.

Jam
Sweet, juicy & preserved
Golden and red like an autumn sunrise
Nectar thickened and set
A treat for breaking fast, like a drink when life is slow
Jam
I must go check the cupboards.

Thunder
The everpresent brother to lightning
Booming, reverberating & unique
a roar of the weather
Like an ethereal monster inconvenienced and awakened
I feel its discordant rhythm buffet my ears
Thunder
To me, its just a growl.

Offline Narric

• Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart Lore Blog
Re: Narric's "Creative" Writing
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 11:37:21 PM »
This was inspired by the idea of combining RPG with Magic. It worked for a time when I first started writing this, but I've had to put it to the backburner for too long it seems, and now I can't remember critical info for it to work.

The characters were created thanks to @The Man They Call Jayne and @Ravager Zero who gave me a Race, a personality, and a selection of spells. Everything else was me trying to create an actual narrative.

Spoiler: The Bolas Games (click to show/hide)

In my mind, Sanphi has no chance to regain any footing in this fit, and is mercilessly torn apart by Nicorux's Black Magic (using Exquisite Blood and Sanguine Bond). Niocrux however doesn't spark Bolas's trust, and so must prove himself further. I was 50/50 on whether Nicorux is killed or actually survives and is reinstated into the Consortium, so I'll guess I'll leave his fate up to Jayne :P

Offline The Man They Call Jayne

• Shas'O
  • Karma 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:19:54 AM »
He would become an agent of Bolas, sent on those suicide mission that shouldn't be winnable. Each time he survives, he gains more and more power, until one day he amasses the power to take on Bolas himself, and maybe come out on top.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Offline Narric

• Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart Lore Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 11:06:49 PM »
An old story I started back in 2014. If I remember correctly, it was inspired by gifs of butterflies with lightsabers edited in.

Looking back on it now, it seems so weird.

Spoiler: Nerilim (click to show/hide)

Combing through my mind, I can sorta remember how the story goes.

anything