News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tau list under construction - what to add?

Started by Ra´Meses, November 27, 2015, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ra´Meses

Hello fellow commanders!

This will not be a finishen army list but rather one under assembling. It is meant to be more fun than mean but still not to crappy.

My son, who is my senior opponent run Marines and Guards so that is what I am facing. Oh, he loves armour but can field plenty of bodies if he so whishes.
The army is from a pretty young sept, maybe Fi'ri'os, with plenty of expirence of humans and have Gue'vesas counting as Kroots.
I may also make an Imperial Rebel force for them to ally with.

Focus is on light and loose, fighting in tough terrain and cities.

HQ
Cadre Fireblade  (Such a lovely mini)

Troops
12 Fire warriors & 2 gun does

10 Guelakroots

Fast attack
10 Pathfinders with all three special drones and 3 rail rifles

Now, in order to build the army in the old way, I want to get one elite and one heavy support before I go on for more troops and fast attack. To stick with the light and nimble theme I plan to get 3 XV25 stealth suits.

But what kind of heavy would fit there? I am considering a Broadside or two, since despite being bulky and all, they look so damn snipy so it would be cool to try and make them look stealthy it camo and so on. Or is the good old Hammerhead gunship the way to go?
"AND MY AXE!"

Cammerz

If vehicles are something you'll be inundated with then I'd probably recommend Broadside battlesuits (note: plural) as you're currently lacking anything with a solid punch (reliable anti-tank should be Str 8 minimum). If they're your only heavy support then you could field them seperately, later on I'd suggest grouping them up and equipping them with target locks so they could still crack multiple hard targets per turn. The main downside is their lack of manoeuvrability however their range will largely make up for that.

I've had great fun with stealthsuits in the past, maybe throw a fusion blaster on one of them if you feel you need a little extra anti-armour, otherwise loose them on his Imperial Guard or smaller Marine squads, jump out of cover, unleash burst cannon fire and then jump back out of his line of sight.

The Man They Call Jayne

Depending on your local meta, that argument has to be made about Missiles vs Heavy Rail Rifles on the Broadsides. If you are facing mainly Marine and Guard, I would be recommending Missiles. Less range, but against those AV10-11-12 units, the weight of fire will cripple them, but the Railrifles don't have the power to take out the big AV14 stuff reliably. You have to use Fusion Blasters, or the big Hammerhead Railgun.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ra´Meses

I will definitely give my Stealths fusion blasters. Just because I love the smell of burning armour in the morning.  ;D

Broadsides will probably be my choice for Heavy support.

Also, I will add Fusion blaster Piranhas as a second fast attack choice later.
"AND MY AXE!"