News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Vector Sigma's Masterplan [RP Thread]

Started by Narric, August 12, 2015, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Draliant reinserted the Key into the console, and a 3D holograph of the local area materialized above the group. After a couple seconds, a thick red line traversed through the map, pressumably originating in the audience room of Vector Sigma.

"It looks like we have mostly tunnels to get through, but we'll be passing through a nearby Cybertonium Pit, crossing a deserted Gladiator Arena, and finally ending up at a Monorail station." Draliant listed off as the red line flew off and out of the map. "The Key is programmed with our route, so we'll likely have to reconsult it at the Monorail."
Draliant input a few short commands, and a quartet of memory devices was ejected. He took them and handed one to each of the group, and the console retracked back into the floor.

"These are programmed with the local area, and our fastest route."

Once each member had taken a memory drive, and draliant as well had connected it into his system, he continued.

"The Sentinals are very old, but increadibly powerful, mainly due to numbers. They're mass produced, and have little self-awareness or personality. They're given a patrol route, and ordered to destroy any non-drone in the area they detect. Thankfully they're NOT interconnected like a hive mind, so they shouldn't be expecting us."

Thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk.....
The rhythmic tell-tale sign of metal thumping onto metal echoed into the chamber.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Old but powerful? Usually means slow in my experience" replied Hellblade. "If I can get in close I reckon I can take 'em"
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

"Do not underestimate them. Old they may be, but all that means is that they have survived things trying to kill them for a long time. And numbers alone are reason enough to consider them a threat. However, we have little choice in the matter, so let us roll out."

There was a clunking and whining as the mighty cannon he carried powered up and locked themselves into an attack position.

"We will not go down quietly."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

kingofmonkeys

Trenchgrinder shifted huge chainsaw up and revved it once with a snarling clank.
"lets do this"

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Narric

"Hold on" Draliant said, lifting his hand to stop Trenchgrinder. "if we're lucky, they'll follow their pre-planned route and carry on past us." Draliant walked over to the only open archway. The loud thunking of metal on metal had abruptly stopped, and Draliants sensors couldn't estimate where the drones could be. The rest of the group followed, trying to be quiet, but not doing so well due to their size. Hellblade was right behind Draliant as he pulled level with the archway.

Still his sensors couldn't pinpoint where the Drones were. He could see they weren't down the left hallway, and so he hazarded looking around the corner. as his faceplate was clear of the frame..... SMASH!!!

Draliant was launched across the archway, his shoulders bashing into the frame on the opposite side before he could regain his footing. He looked up, and into the surrounding hallway... There were at least ten drones in front of him, but their dark green bodies and barely lighter green head domes made counting the exact number near imposible. The Drone that struck him lunged forward, clearly locked onto its target.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Target your shots to the rear to avoid friendly fire" Hellblade advised the others as he darted into the fray with blades drawn.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Narric

Hellblade was first in, pulling out his blades, and picking his targets. Cataclysm was doing the same, his shoulder cannons extruding and powering up. Trenchgrinder revved his chainsaw arm, and pulled out his pistol.

Drone 254 did not notice the deception to its left, its targeting systems focused solely on the large black triple charger he had just sent sprawling. Its audio receptors detected the sound metal smashing into metal. The damage was superficial, as the Drone and its squad were made of sturdy armour from a bygone age of Cybertron. The Drone tried to slam a punch into its assailent, but the smaller Decepticon had already spiralled away. Helldlade cursed his failure to cause damage.

The rest of the Drones marched froward inplacably, each individual evaluating the minimal number of targets. As the first wave begain to charge forward, the hulky chainsaw arm of Trenchgrinder slammed down into the ground, absolutely crushing and shredding the unfortunate Drone.

The field was rich with targets for Cataclysm, but that also included friendlies. He had to cut portions of his targeting off to ensure he didn't hit an ally. He let rip with his Point Defense System, and blasted the area with energy. His severely limited options made it difficult to get good targets but still three Drones were blasted to the floor.

The sudden spike in surrounding energy jolted Draliants sensor reboot, allowing him to get himself back up and away from the onslaughting drones. He made a tactical withdraw to Cataclysm side.

Hellblade had already chosen his next target, slicing into the waist of the drone, cutting it viscerally in two. He took a small measure of pride, in causing such damage. The drone however wasn't so easily put down, and tried to swip at Hellblade. Though he lost momentum, slicing into the Drones cranial dome easily disabled it from being a further nuisance.

Trenchgrinder had help blunt the Drone charge, and was keeping them from entiring the room past Hellblade. his Chainarm wirring, he swung it in a large sweep. The drones had charged forward, and were caught by the blades of the chainsaw. Scrap metal skittered across the ground, and energon sprayed and solidified across the room. Trenchgrinder had managed to throw himself off balance, and needed to back up to regain it.

Cataclysm saw his chance and took it, charging and firing another salvo with his Point Defense system. With his group spread further apart and Draliant completely out of the line of fire. The Drone Squadron was easily down to half strength now, with much of it either smashed, sliced or blasted out of action.

Draliant had waited until after Cataclysm fired off, and charged forward himself to fight the closest drone not yet incapacitated. He threw his punches, and though they hit home, it didn't cause enough damage. The Drone guarded itself drom Draliants attacks but was calculating its own advantages and so didn't strick back hard enough to cause significant damage.

Hellblade was in his element. A target rich environment of larger and slower foes. Cataclysms barages were a nuisance, but he had had to deal with similar trigger happy colleagues in the past. Hellblade spun again, chose his target, and diceded slicing for the waist wans't efficient. This time he sliced from groin to cranium dome. The Drone had no chance for retaliation.

Trenchgrinder had been pushed back further, his stable footing lost with his last attack. This meant his wouldn't get the force needed to properly use his Chainsaw. Instead, he lifted his pistol, and fired on a more distant threat. The shot went wide, leaving a scorch mark on the wall.

Trenchgrinders shooting distracted the Drone Draliant was fighting, allowing him to bring out one of his own swords. The Drone recognised the imediate threat, and began buffeting Draliant with its own punches. Draliant weathered the punches, in order to cut the drone at the shoulders, severing the arms and head from the body in one sweep.

"Everyone get back!" Cataclysm had run the numbers and needed everyone behind him fpor his final barage. The Drones were less than half their number now, and Cataclysm had an energy blast for each of them.

With everyone behind him, and the drones regrouping for a final assault, Cataclysm unleashed the fury. The walls in front was scorched black, much of the scrap from previously wrecked drones had also been blown away, leaving hardly any remains of the fight.

His weapons powering down, Cataclysm fell to one knee.

"Whew." he sighed. "Been a while since I had to take out that many targets."

"Well when you're aiming for the broadside of an Energon tower, how can you miss?" Hellblade said quietly to himself.

"Gather yourself up Cataclysm. We're going to need to move out quickly before another squadron makes the rounds" Draliant spoke up, striding forward to the archway again.

Post Encounter status

Draliant - Superficial damage
Trenchgrinder - Superficial damage
Hellblade - Undamaged
Cataclysm - Undamaged, Low Power

The Man They Call Jayne

Cannons and PDLs powering down and folding away, Cataclysm redirected all his power to his motivators, what was left of it anyway.

"I will take up the rear. If they intend to follow us again, they will regret it."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"I'll take point this time I think, give Draliant time to recover." Hellblade replied as they advanced and, with a couple of flashy tricks he sheathed his blades, though his hands never strayed far from their grips.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Narric

Hellblade transformered into his Jetmode, and fired off down the tunnel. His jets shrieking loudly down the metallic capillary of Cybertron. Draliant reach up to his audio receptor, activating his internal radio.
"Stay in communications range Hellblade. Vector Sigma's signal is still echoing around cybertron, and we have no idea who could pick it up still"

"I'm sure he'll put up a good enough fight." grunted Cataclysm, still drained. "At least until we show up and save his decepticon exhuast port."

Trenchgrinder changed to vehicle mode as well.
"Those tunnels aren't wide enough for us to travel side by side."

"Agreed" Noded Draliant, looking down the tunnel. "I'll bring up the rear behind Cataclysm."

"Sounds good enough to me." Cataclysm stretched as he proceeded to transform as well. Trenchgrinder had already begun rolling down the tunnel, his massive chainblade pointed menacingly to the front. Cataclysms' vehicle mode barely got into the tunnel, and he had to modify his bodywork in order to fit properly at the turns.

Draliant took one last look at the slumbering Vector Sigma, hoping that old sentinals would be the least of their troubles. logic, however, told him that many challenges would be hurled their way, whether they liked it or not.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Copy that" Hellblade replied as he flew down the tunnels. They weren't so winding as to cause him too much hassle, but he much preferred the open skies and the freedom to roam. Still, he knew these tunnels were not a permanent feature of the journey so he would make do for the time being.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Narric

Trenchgrinder pulled out of the tunnel onto what looked like a platform. Hellblade had returned to robot mode, and was seemingly napping on the balustrade. Shifting into Robot mode himself, Trenchgrinder walked up to the edge himself, and looked down.

Beneath was a vast pit, the floor of which was bathed in noxious green light and condensor vapor.

Cataclysm rolled out, followed by Draliant. Trenchgrinder turned to them.
"This place hasn't seen use in ages, so why is the power still on?"

Hellblade opened an optic to look at the confused Trenchgrinder.
"Becuase these old places still have some use." Hellblade got up as Draliant and Cataclysm transformed. "I recognise this place, or at least what we decepticons use it for. Its a proving ground."

"I thought you scrap heads just threw your 'Recruits' straight onto the battlefield?" Cataclysm asked cynically of the smaller cybertronian.

"What would be the point? We'd never gather together an army if we did that. It helps to ensure your soldiers can actually fight." Hellblade turned around and walked back to the edge. "However, unlike you soft autobots, we're tested against other recruits, and the ones who get to actually join the decepticon cause are the ones who survive." Hellblades face was a mask of sinister glee, hidden only by fact his back was turned to the group.

"You romanticise the process too much Hellblade" Draliant spoke up. "The process is barbaric. Enough of this, lets move on." Draliant walked away, heading towards the steep staircase that lead downwards to the pit floor. As Trenchgrinder and Cataclysm followed, Hellbade waited a moment, remembering the fight that scured his position in the Decepticon ranks....

"Oh ho ho, Looks like we have some guests Wrecker." Chuckled a dark figure hidden in shadows.

"Indeed Breaker, looks like securing fresh proving grounds was an excellent idea." Grinned another.