News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Farsight Enclaves allies and Gue'vesa

Started by Ra´Meses, August 15, 2016, 09:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ra´Meses

I revently bought and read the Codex Supplement Farsight Enclaves.

One thing I wonder is if there is a special allies matrix for Farsight or if they abide by the normal Tau?

Also found out that the Gue'vesa have their own planet in the Enclaves, Gue'vesa'ro. There is nothing similar for either kroots or vespids and makes me wonder if not gue'vesas have a higher presence in Farsight forces, partiellt taking the role of kroots.
Kroots would absolutely be present but in lesser numbers since they would be travelling merc kindreds rather than official allies.

I made a group of gue'vesas using skitarii long rifles, cadian Bodies and catachan heads. I intended to use them with kroots rules but I am not satisfied.
I think I need to use all catachans with lots of knives to get a krooty feeling and fluffwise calling them Gue'vesa rangers or something.
"AND MY AXE!"

Mabbz

Unless the Supplement has a special matrix (I haven't read it), I would say they use the regular one. Which sucks since there really needs to be some way of doing Gue'vesa

Also, pics of the gue'vesa?

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on August 15, 2016, 03:56:45 PM
Unless the Supplement has a special matrix (I haven't read it), I would say they use the regular one. Which sucks since there really needs to be some way of doing Gue'vesa
I have a copy of the original Gue'vesa rules. Which likely could be used in friendly games. For official tournament, or play in a GW store, you're likely out of luck.

To my knowledge, unless the Supplement book containments a spefici matrix for Farsight Enclaves, it would likely follow the same Allies matric as per the rulebook, so iirc, that means Tau can ally with Imperial Guard, but there is a chance that units from the two detachments will stop what they're doing to stare violently at eachother.
Don't quote me as a rules lawyer though :P

Cammerz

Unfortunately for this instance, the Farsight Enclaves supplement simply specifies that they follow the same allies matrix as Codex: Tau Empire, the only difference being that they add standard Tau as Battle Brothers.

Ra´Meses

That is what I to found out so far.

Well, I will have to get some catachans, give them some extra knives, maybe modify guns a bit and run them as kroots. Maybe get some dog minis and run them as kroot hounds.
"AND MY AXE!"

Narric

Will you be playing in GW stores? If not, there are plenty of 40k scale humans by independant companies you might be interested in :3

Ra´Meses

I do not intend to play in stores but it could be fun to be able to partake in display events at the local GW
"AND MY AXE!"