News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Troops Contest [RULES]

Started by Hive Lord, June 23, 2012, 11:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hive Lord

Contests have been on hold for a couple of months, but we're back, and best of all, it's with a forum favourite - the Troops contest. Forming the core of the Force Organisation Chart, Troops make up the bulk of any army, whether it's a squad of Marines or a swarm of gaunts. We know you have them - everyone has them - so now's your chance to show them off.

As an additional bonus, to make up for the fact that we've been away for so long, all entrants get an automatic karma point. So what are you waiting for?!

This contest is open to a single Troops unit.

Dates:

• Entries can be submitted via a PM to Thantos Masked Thespian from June24th till July 22nd.
  • Voting will take place between July 23rd and July 30th.
  • Winners will be announced on the 31st of July.

Prizes:
1st Place - 10pts
2nd Place - 5pts
3rd Place - 2pts

(The top 3 all receive official 2S winners seals as well).

The winner of this contest will also be able to lay their grubby little mitts on a fantastic shiny set of Custom Second Sphere Dice:

Rules:

• The unit must be a legal Troops choice in a current edition 40k Codex;
    • Transport options, such as Rhinos or Mycetic Spores, may not be included;
    • Units that only become Troops when certain other units in the army are taken (such as Ork Nobz in an Ork army including an Ork Warboss) are excluded from this and may not be entered;
  • Up to three pictures of your entry may be submitted;
  • Forgeworld models and Monstrous Creatures are accepted;
  • A caption or title of up to 10 words may be included as part of your entry;
  • Depending on response, entries may be divided by a panel of impartial judges into Master and Novice tiers for the purposes of voting;
  • The models may not have been entered in a previous contest;
  • The models must be fully painted;
  • Photos of your entry may not exceed 800x600 pixels.

Cammerz

Well I am painting a few things at the moment, and I don't have too much planned between now and the final submission date, so I'll see if I can find a decent camera and give this a go.

Will's on Fire

Don't have any troops choices unpainted unfortunately, so I'll have to wait this one out.

I was hoping for a return of the elites comp. Is that going to happen?

- Will

Thantos

Im sure we'll get around all the FOCs in good time ;)

Painting whole units is hard for me :( but i have some hastily painted things that ill try and enter (...if i can paint 2 more to make them legal :P)

Alpha_Wolf

have somthing that I might enter, but not too sure. Any word if the interrupted contests (specifically the create a character contest) are going to be restored?
Quote from:  H.P. LovecraftThat is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange strange aeons even death may die.
Keep this in mind, mortal fools, the Hive Mind can wait forever.

Sorck

Quote from: Alpha_Wolf on June 25, 2012, 03:24:03 AM
have somthing that I might enter, but not too sure. Any word if the interrupted contests (specifically the create a character contest) are going to be restored?
The contests that were running before the crash might be resumed at some point soon but contests needs to re-plan the calendar for the rest of the year.

And there are some changes to the forums that may see a bit of a reorientation of how the contest system works... but more on that some other day...

Anyhow, I have some units I could chose between to enter...

For the IG infantry platoon would it be sufficient to enter only a single one of the units? e.g. an infantry squad.

Begel Dverl

Does "painted" mean "based" as well?

Because in that case, I have nothing to submit. :-\

Cammerz

Paint the base?

My IG all just have codex grey bases whilst my few Empire models are mounted on Dark Angels Green.

Sorck

Quote from: Begel Dverl on June 26, 2012, 01:08:28 AM

'Painted' does not necessitate that the model has been based. However, it would be wise to base your models as it could quite easily get you some votes that you wouldn't otherwise get. ;)

Narric

Quote from: Sorck the Spork on June 26, 2012, 08:37:43 AM
Quote from: Begel Dverl on June 26, 2012, 01:08:28 AM

'Painted' does not necessitate that the model has been based. However, it would be wise to base your models as it could quite easily get you some votes that you wouldn't otherwise get. ;)
Good thing I read the thread, I was about to ask this myself :P

Now, ***dammit, I need to figure out how to base mine.

InsaneTD

I'm working on a new project. If I can get what I have planned in time, I might see if I can enter this too.

If not, I got a free squad of Elysian Drop Troops I can paint. :P

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on July 09, 2012, 03:21:27 PM
I'm working on a new project. If I can get what I have planned in time, I might see if I can enter this too.

If not, I got a free squad of Elysian Drop Troops I can paint. :P

Well, hurry up!  You've only got 2 weeks to go   ;)
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Masked Thespian

Please note the amendment to the contest rules; entries are now to be PMed to myself rather than Thantos, who is taking a well deserved break (or so I gather).
Regards,
MT.

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Matt1785

If our entries had already been sent to Thantos prior to your post... should we re-send them to you or are we all good?

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Matt1785 on July 16, 2012, 11:34:33 PM
If our entries had already been sent to Thantos prior to your post... should we re-send them to you or are we all good?

All entrants whose entries Contests HQ already has have now been PMed.  If you have submitted an entry before this post but have NOT received a PM from me then you will need to resubmit it to myself.
Regards,
MT.