?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: The Eldar Alliance vs IG/Knight in "The Dark Light Returns" (1500, 10/1)  (Read 336 times)

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
  • Mayhem, Carnage and Laffs.
    • View Profile
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Eldar Alliance vs IG/Knight in "The Dark Light Returns" (1500)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,
NOT DEAD YET.
Real life once again dealt Toof a bad hand or two, but I did manage to finally put some time aside and get a pretty brutal batrep written up!
I'm finding 8th to be hella fast compared to 7th and well, quite bloody when you get to the end game.
And I've always had a soft spot for the Dark Eldar.
Evil for the LULZ of it, hardcore, maniacal and just bad news by the standards of everyone (perhaps even Tyranids).

But, they were kind of lackluster last edition.

You just couldn't get much done without your Craftworld cousins and in the end it was just kind of embarrassing for all parties involved.
So it was with some trepedation that I brought out my spikey Space Elves for combat in the New Era.
And I faced up against a mate who was bringing out a decently hard-hitting list of Scions (AKA Storm Troopers) and a Knight Titan.  Oh and Tauroxes a plenty coming out of every orifice.

So... kind of brutal?

But, I had heard that Dark Light was the shiznit this edition and that Harlequins were remarkably good.
Still, looking at what I was up against it was... daunting to say the least.

How did things go?

Did the Dark Kin give the spanking or take one?

Read.  On.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Of course there's fluff too :)

----------------------------------------------------------
--------------
The Lists
--------------

The Eldar Alliance (1500): 26 Infantry, 6 Vehicles; 6 CPs
Archon Y'stral w/Blaster, Agonizer
Farseer Thielbane on Jetbike, Doom
Beastmaster Starsparkle w/Agonizer
Warriorsx5 w/Blaster in Raider w/DL, Shock Lance
Harlequinsx5 w/Fusion Pistolsx3, Embracesx4 in Starweaver w/SCx2
Harlequinsx5 w/Fusion Pistolsx3, Embracesx4 in Starweaver w/SCx2
Razorwing Flocksx4
Razorwing Flocksx4
Ravager w/DLx3
Ravager w/DLx3
Razorwing w/DLx2

Storm Troopers/Knight (1500): 25 Infantry, 6 Vehicles, 1 LoW; 7 CPs
Tempestus Prime w/Command Rod
Tempestus Prime w/Command Rod
Militarum Tempestus Command Squad (Scionsx4 w/Plasmaguns)
Militarum Tempestus Command Squad (Scionsx4 w/Plasmaguns)
Tempestus Scionsx5 w/Plasmagunsx2
Taurox Prime w/Hotshot Volley guns, Gatling gun, Storm Bolter
Knight Crusader w/Avenger Gatling gun, Thermal Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubbers

-------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Chapter 14: The Dark Light Returns
---------------------------------------

Farseer Thielbane of Craftworld (or ex-Craftworld so-to-speak) Biel-Tan sat on the edge of the far railing of the Grisley Hand Kabal.  The Kabal was a roving band of Drukari warships that wandered around like Nomads between the Webway and Realspace.  Mostly kept separate from the rest of Eldar society due to their leader's mercurial bouts of homicidal rage and backstabbing tendencies, the flotilla had in its own way insulated itself from the recent alarming events in Eldar history.

The Farseer was lost in thought as he thought about his own timeline.  It seemed like it had been an age since he had been assigned for the "good" of the Craftworld to work with the Dark Kin.  The spiky, almost venomous architecture was borderline terrifying at first, but he had gotten used to it.  Now, the far-off screams of the torture racks and pain pits were an almost familiar, yet diabolical ambiance.

But, he had to wonder what good he had done for his Craftworld.  In his absence, an entire new faction of Eldar had emerged, fractured his homeworld and sent the entire race into a frenzy of paranoia and misgivings.  Y'nnead, the so-called God of Death, had come looking for followers, and more than a few of the Biel-Tan survivors had joined the ranks of the Death-Seekers.

Luckily, he had been spared the worst of the internal strife, but it was just a matter of time before the spiral of damnation grew out of control.
If only he had more...

"THIEL!"

Thielbane's head jerked up and he saw the impatient, pacing form of Archon Y'stral screaming his name.

The Archon was clad in his spike-ridden raiding armour and was clearly not in a pleasant mood. 

"Thiel, what in Khaine's name are you doing out here?  We've got a solid raid going off faster than you can kick an Ur-Ghul!"

The Farseer sighed and carefully leaned against the rail, "Y'stral, do you ever wonder what the point of all this is?"

Y'stral snorted, "No, are you crazy?  It's simple.  Commeraugh got it's guts turned inside out thanks to that totally hilarious fail on Vect's part.  Can you believe it?  Got made a fool of in front of everyone!  He'll never live it down.  Yeah, some stuff blew up and your Craftworld got a hole in it.  Big.  Deal.  The important thing is that everyone who can pay for it wants fresh slaves to jolt themselves into a pain and suffering overdose.  It's the perfect opportunity, Thiel!"

Thielbane nodded and said, "I... suppose in the short run, that's true, but the Harlequins are..."

Throwing up his hands, Y'stral cut off his companion with frantic gestures, "Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Clowns?  Thiel?  Didn't we have a talk about the clowns?  They cramp my style."

"That's... not important, Y'stral.  They're ambassadors of the Laughing God.  Potential go-betweens of the forces of Ynnead.  We have to treat them with respect and they do want to go with us onto the field of..."

But, the Archon was not to be stopped.  Y'stral continued his tirade unabated, starting to pace up and down the deck while wringing his hands in thought. 
"Oh, Oh!  I get it.  The clowns are running out of epic material and they want to see how the REAL Eldar get things done.  Fine.  Fine!  Just, they better not get in my way.  And if they steal any of my kills, I'll beat them to death with my murder-boner."

Thielbane sighed.  It was as close to a win as he could get at this point.  "Uh... right.  I've consulted the Runes and... you do know that we're up against serious opposition?"

A sharp laugh burst from out from Y'stral who shook his head derisively.  "Fffffft.  Thiel, come on.  It's me.  We've got some hoity-toity Mon-Keigh and one of their big metal bozos.  Just one.  We can handle that."

Thielbane shook his head and stammered, "I... suppose.  But, don't you think..."

Throwing a hand over the Farseer, Y'stral laughed, "Think?  Think?  No, Thiel, I know.  I know you need this.  You NEED this.  You're like someone whose girl left him and then went and set fire to his house and all of his pets.  You know, confused and kinda aroused."

"I... don't think that..."

Interrupting again, Y'stral said, "Anyway, that's besides the point.  We gotta get these birds the hell out of my ship before they start driving me nuts."

As if on cue, the nearby hatch door opened and a short, white-cloaked figure staggered out.  It took the two Eldar a moment to realize that it was in fact, a familiar looking individual coated in avian excreemnt.  Starsparkle, former leader of the "fearsome" Reaver gang: the Sky Ponies, tried to walk as respectfully as possible while leaving sticky footprints along the long gangway.
"Archon?  Farseer?  Is that you?"

Wrinkling his nose at the smell, the Archon responded, "No, it's the Mon-Keigh Primarchs.  Who do you think it is?"

Star tried to wipe her goggles clean, but only managed to add another layer of filth.  "Apologies.  It's just... hard to see...  The birds are acting kind of...  I think there's something wrong with their food."

The Archon continued, "Yeah, it's called not falling down and dying.  Stuff is supposed to kill anything, but those birds just keep crapping it out everywhere."

Trying to respond in a meaningful way, Star added, "Uh, yes.  Can I... stop being the Beastmaster now?"

Nevertheless, Y'stral continued his verbal barrage, "Stop?  STOP?  We need those rabid meatshields out there now.  The Mon-Keigh won't know what hit them...:

The Shrine World of Omicron-Sigma Seven was a blighted, barren wasteland except for a small patch of artificially maintained verdant forest surrounding the remains of a massive Imperial cathedral.  Omicron-Sigma Seven had been the site of a recent massive battle in which the Imperium had been victorious over a brutal Cult uprising that dared to question the divinity of the God-Emperor.  The Tempestus themselves were brought into play to quickly annihilate the Heretics, but their efficacy had a somewhat unfortunate side effect of purging the entire population.

So it was that the Two Masters sat at their command desk, none of them willing to break the silence.  Both were Temespesus Primes, lords of the best of the best of the Astra Militarum.  However, they were in the precarious position of having lost most of their Scion underlings and now the default defenders of the Relic of Saint Farquad the Undying was actually made up of mostly officers and their command staff.  It was a top-heavy conundrum that few Primes had had to deal with before and it bristling for the Masters to conceive of the fact that there was another individual who had equal authority to their once-vaunted dominion.  And it was about to come to blows when the diplomatic conception of "taking turns" was vetted into a hesitant state of agreement and now only one Master was in control at a time.  Just, not on a permanent basis.  And it did not make the other Prime friendly by any means.

The Primes looked at each other ruefully, both old men, made older by decades of warfare and longevity drugs, and all unwilling to give the others the satisfaction of looking away first.  Though named differently, Primes McCullum and Rutherford were practically mirror images of each other.  Heavily mustached with lines of wrinkles set into permanent scowls with dress uniforms blanketed with medals and varied sorts of honourarium.  Their level of prestige was so similar it was positively scandalous.

So it would have gone on for quite a while, until the door to the Command Room opened and a frantic looking Scion charged in.

"Masters!  I..."

Two pairs of beady eyes swiveled on the Scion, who paused and then realized that he wasn't actively saluting them.

Remedying it as best he could, the soldier tried his best to hold the reels of Vox-paper while staying at full attention.
"Uh, sirs.  Yes, the scanners have picked up a fast-moving force on the Vox-Arrays.  Energy signitures are Eldar."

The Masters scooted their chairs away from the desk in varying states of alarm, but the current leader, Prime McCullum was the one to bark the order.
"Send out the alert.  Mobilize the Knight and the Tauroxes for fast intercept.  Prepare the others for Grav-Chute entry.  Let us see how the Xenos fare against the finest of the Imperium."

Mission: The Relic
Setup: Front Line Assault
Warlord:
Y'stral: Inspiring Leader (+1 Ld to nearby units)
Tempestus Prime #1: Inspiring Leader (+1 Ld to nearby units)
Combat Drugs:
Starsparkle: +2 Ld
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Game Thoughts:  The relic?  Oof, this one's going to be tough.
All of my vaunted mobility won't do beans if my opponent can just hold the center and blow me away.
I also have no real assault elements in my army, so if that Knight wants to just stand around bullying me, then well...  there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
On my side, I do go first unless he totally mechs up his army, but I don't think that'll be his game plan.
I only hope that my boats can take a plasma broadside or two...
His Tauroxes are also pretty scary, but thankfully they're in "bullet-hose" mode (i.e. only THIRTY or so S4 shots) rather than anti-tank.  But, there's a LOT of those little trucks.

Setup: We take turns setting up and I castle hard in the middle with birds to protect me from a seize possibility.  The Archon with Warriors in the Raider in the Front, Harlies with their Starweavers behind him and the Ravagers to the flanks.  Thiel and Star were in the center amongst the big boats.
My opponent set up a bit more carefully, knowing that he would go second due to his ENORMOUS number of drops, but sets up his Knight in the center with Tauroxes trying to stay out of Lance range in the corner pockets.

The Scions failed to seize and the game was on!

Picture Caption: Hey we have the same number of models! His are just... probably better than mine.  Hmm...  Hope that Dark Light got the upgrade that they were rumored to have!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Eldar Alliance vs IG/Knight in "The Dark Light Returns" (1500, 10/1)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »
Woohoo, batrep! Always nice to see some Thielbane fluff. As always, my money is on you.

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 04:59:05 PM »
Woohoo, batrep! Always nice to see some Thielbane fluff. As always, my money is on you.

Hi Mabbz!
Thanks for the reply.  Glad to see some of the old guard are still here looking for Eldar batreps :)

Please let me know what you think.

Oh and to all: comments and critiques greatly appreciated!

Let me know if you would like anything next (Ork vs IG vs Eldar)!

Best,
-BT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------
Turn 1: Dark Eldar
---------------------

Farseer Thielbane whetted his lips in thought as the massive figure of the Knight Titan drew closer and closer into range.  It was a bold move for Y'stral to attempt such a raid, but he had to admit that if they were successful, the Aeldari would gain a fragile foothold on the system.  And in the current environment, every planet that could be saved for potential colonization could be that final haven that might save the entire race.

Or so he told himself, because otherwise the mission looked like a hastily whipped-together plan made of bravado and arrogance with a side of tragedy in the wings.

Still...

"Thiel!"

Thielbane threw a look back to the Raider that was inches from his Skyrunner, moving at a breakneck pace just over the treeline.  Archon Y'stral was waving to get his attention.

"Thiel, put the whammy on the big guy!  I want to see him crapping his metal pants tonight!"

The Farseer sighed, "Y'stral, using the Runes of Fate is not as simple as..."

"Right, right.  Whatever.  Just do your thing.  We're gonna give that tin can a darklight enema that it won't forget!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Having played versus many armies with a 24" range, I realize that although I can't outrange all of the speedy Tauroxes, I can just refuse a flank.

And that's what I do as I move out to the left and make sure that the big Knight is in range of all my Dark Light.
I also fly the Ravenwing out in front of the Knight to keep it out of assault range in case things go pear-shaped and put the birds out to the flanks to range out the incoming Scions.

Thiel gets off DOOM and a smite on the big Knight and then a HAIL of Dark Light goes out and nearly tears it down (or at least you know, knocks it down to the 6 wounds or less category of effectiveness).  I also have a few lances left so I thow it at a Taurox and surprisingly it dies!

Picture Caption: Well nothing important actually DIED, but we did a number on the big guy!

---------------------------
Turn 1: Scions/Knights
---------------------------

"Well, at least he's drawing their fire."

Tempestor Prime McCulloch shook his head at the sit-rep.  The Knight was doing its best, but the Xenos were too fast in their approach.  Even the Tauroxes were barely in position, and it was clear that the much faster Eldar flotilla was going to pick them apart in a matter of moments.

It was good that a Grav-Chute drop took less time then that.

"Men!" he bellowed to the Scions compressed in the high-flying Valkyrie hidden in the clouds, "Be ready!  The Xenos will feel our sting and burn with the fires of our holy plasma!  Emperor be praised!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Scions bring their Primes down with a Command Squad and Troop squad each.  The Tauroxes move in, but only the ones to the left are in range.  The Knight tries to move a bit forward, but knocked down to 6" only for his move, he's not going anywhere.

Shooting is a bit lackluster, as the Scions are out of effective range, and don't do much to the Ravagers.  The Knight flames (Flamers hit flyers?  Fluff be damned then) the Razorwing, but misses pretty much every shot.  The Tauroxes move in and put some shots on the Raider, but even 60 S4 shots aren't too great with decreased accuracy (for moving) and my 5+ invul save...

Picture Caption: Wait... We're still intact?

----------------------
Turn 2: Dark Eldar
-------------------------

Swearing, Hekatrix Allonia pulled back on her flight stick, gritting her teeth as the shock wave passed through her Razorwing Jetfighter.  The Archon hadn't told her that the Dark Lances were going to be detonating the Mon-Keigh monstrosity right on top of her.  Still, it could be worse, she thought as she cycled through the missiles.

She could be a Wych running around in a thong trying to keep from being shot up by everything and anything.

Shatterfield Missiles.  Freezing outside, burning inside.  Amusing in its own way as it killed with an unassuming grace.
She hoped that the Mon-Keigh would appreciate this particular brand of humour...

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I could play it cagey and just keep moving away...
Or I could go balls-out and assault.

Yeah, that's not a choice.
I get the Harlies out and both clowns, their rides and the birds go to assault the Scions.  The boats continue to float left and

Dark Light buries the Knight and downs another Taurox.

And then in assault, I hit the Scions HARD as I have the birds and Starweavers tank the overwatch while the Harlies are pretty intact.
The clowns make mincemeat of the Scions and then pile in towards the Primes (who are smartly out of range for the moment...).

Picture Caption: Clowns and Birds, BFFs?

--------------------------
Turn 2: Scions/Knight
--------------------------

"Sir!"

Prime McCulloch swore and turned down the volume on his Vox-bead.  He hadn't expected the damn Xenos to be so fast.  The brightly coloured aliens had moved with unearthly grace and tore his troops to pieces in a heartbeat.  They and their damnable birds had been almost been the end of him.  Almost.

"Report," he whispered into his comm, "What's going on?"

"Sir, we're taking heavy fire and... and..."

Some scattered screaming and swearing filled the background.

"I think we got one, sir!"

McCulloch nodded to himself.  The Xenos hit hard, but couldn't take a punch back.  Now, all he had to do was find a safe place to hide until all of this died down...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps realizing his folly on not dropping everything down, my opponent drops in the last of the Scions and moves the Tauroxes forwards.

The Primes run away from the birds/clowns (and thus move out of range of the relic!).
Shooting has the Raider eat it hard after a lot of shots and the bullet-hose Tauroxes tear apart the Warriors, but the Archon survives without a scratch!

Picture Caption: Well, the Raider ALMOST made it...

Turn 3: Dark Eldar

A howl of unrestrained fury filled the air and Thielbane sighed as he watched the Archon make unsavory gestures at the Mon-Keigh.

"Theil!" Y'stral bellowed, "The frickin' Mon-Keigh blew up my ride!"

"Yes, Y'stral," responded the Farseer, "Now we have to get you to..."

"And worse the clowns and the birds are out there stealing kills!  My kills!"

"Yes, that's... besides the point.  Now we have to get you to safety and..."

"Birdgirl!" continued the Archon unabated.

A fluttering figure boosted over the treetops and the newly monickered Beastmaster Starsparkle landed next to the Archon, only mostly covered in excrement, blood and excitement.

"You called, Great One?"

"Yeah, I did.  Get your birds in order!  I gotta kill something or you're all going to pay!"

Starsparkle nodded, pulling out a slightly bent whistle that needed a sharp tweet or three until the birds mostly started moving in an organized fashion.  Thielbane shook his head.  This could only end badly...

------------------------------------------------------

The Harlies jump back in their rides and the birds move up to assault the Tauroxes!

Dark Lances and Fusion pistols (20" range?  that's pretty good!) down two Tauroxes while the Starweavers and Razorwing Missiles almost down the Scions.

The Birds assault in with the Archon and finish off the Scions and tie up a Taurox, although I'm almost running out of the beasts.

Picture Caption: Wow, Fusion Pistols are hella good.  And the birds are doing work!

------------------------
Turn 3: Scions/Knight
------------------------
The Tauroxes pull back and the firepower from only ONE Taurox (splitting fire between the birds) shoot down every last bird.

Picture Caption: You done good, little buddies.  You done good.

-----------------------
Turn 4: Dark Eldar
-----------------------

Shooting buries the last of the Tauroxes and the game ends!

Picture Caption: And that's all she wrote!

-----------------------------
Result: Dark Eldar Victory!
-----------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------
Post-Game Thoughts:
------------------------

Wow, Dark Eldar are a LOT better than they were.  They went from being Raider chauffers for the Craftworlders to being serious contenders.  But, let's do a real breakdown:

Archon: Y'stral was fun, but a blaster doing 1d3 damage is kinda butts.  Also, he paled in comparison to Harlies in... pretty much every way.  But, you know.  Cheap HQ?
Grade: C

Farseer: DOOM IS GODLIKE.  I mean, any ability to re-roll my not-too-many Dark Lances really, really helps.  Hella expensive, but a very good force multiplier.  Smite wasn't incredible, but I'm not turning my nose up on mortal wounds here and there.
Grade: A

Beastmaster/Beasts: I grouped them together, because without the Master, the Birds are unreliable, and I could tell that once they got away from their Ld9 kemosabe, they just fell apart.  Still, they were great fast screens and annoying for my opponent to deal with!

Harlies: Wow.  Just wow.  They melted the Scions with ease and Fusion Pistols are just NASTY.  Really expensive, but I really felt like their earned their points back in spades.  Rising Crescendo lets them be amazingly mobile and they can easily get in range of assaults that you think are too far away for them. Oh, and their rides are fast and surprisingly durable with a nice assault punch that you don't expect the first time around...

Razorwing: Nice assault blocker and just very nice for getting in Lances and Missiles which helped, but not stellar.  Still, very good.
Grade: B

Ravagers: O.M.G.  Wow.  I...  Wow.  Perhaps the linchpin of the list and dare I say it, the army?  The Ravager finally feels like what it should be: a mobile Lance dispensary that makes a mockery of lowly Mon-Keigh tanks.  Just so good.
Grade: A+

Overall, I had a great time, and surprised my opponent who thought he was going to ROFL stomp all over me.  I think it might be that A) I got first turn and B) He was clearly teched out to kill Brimstone/Conscript spam and not a flotilla of Dark Light.

Let me know what you all think, and if you like it, the Dark Eldar will return!
--------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
Epilogue
--------------------

Thielbane sighed and tried to ignore the rampant stabbing that the Archon was giving to the Mon-Keigh bodies.  Clearly just winning the battle wasn't enough to sate the rage of the Drukhari leader.  Perhaps a decade or two ago he would have been surprised.

Then, he heard a sniffling and saw Starsparkle sobbing into a small pile of ragged looking feathers.

Deciding that it seemed like a good distraction, Thielbane pulled away from the display of unnecessary violence and moved towards the small Beastmaster.

"Star?  Is... something the matter?"

"N... No, Captain-Farseer," she said, "It's... silly.  I feel sort of sad for the birds.  They were kind of sick and balding and.. you know... really smelly.  But, they were my little guys.  Kind of like mini-Ponies.  And the Mon-Keigh shot them up."

"Oh, yes, I... can understand why you feel that way.  When I was young, we had a pet that..."

"Pet?  Oh, no, I mean... they aren't pets."

"They're... not?"

"No, no, no, no.  They're more like... really angry younglings.  Really angry.  Kind of suicidal too.  I mean, what do you call it when they fly right into engines to try and peck out the eyes of the pilots.  Maybe...  You know, maybe being dead isn't all that bad for them."  The Beastmaster paused, and then visibly brightened, "Do you think I could get some more?!"

"I don't see why..."

"Great!  Thank you, thank you thank you!"

Star ran over and pressed herself against Thielbane in a hug that made the Farseer realize that the Beastmaster was indeed female in ways that he shouldn't really think about.  At least not while the other Wyches were around.  For both their sakes.

He sighed.  At least they had all made it out alive in more or less one piece.

Perhaps this might even be the start of a new glorious beginning of the Eldar...

"Thiel!  I need your help over here defacing these things!  Sslyth genitals aren't going to draw themselves you know!"

Or, the Farseer had to add, it might just be more of the same...

BigToof Points:

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »
Fun as ever, and its good to see the dark eldar can still cut it (I've had some games against Craftworlders and Harlies, so I know they're still decent). I feel like this game really showed how important maneuverability can be.

Also, 20" fusion pistols? Really? Or is that meaning the effective range, combining actual weapon range with movement value?

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 08:32:30 AM »
Fun as ever, and its good to see the dark eldar can still cut it (I've had some games against Craftworlders and Harlies, so I know they're still decent). I feel like this game really showed how important maneuverability can be.

Also, 20" fusion pistols? Really? Or is that meaning the effective range, combining actual weapon range with movement value?

Hi Mabbz,
Thanks for the reply.  I was actually adding the Starweaver's range and the pistol range.
Which is... actually 22".  My bad.
Wow, that's... kind of far really :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Offline Cammerz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »
Great batrep BT, I'm glad the lances worked out for you, I was actually worried that it might have trouble with that Knight (after all this time I should know better).

It's sort of a shame that battles are over so quickly in 8th ed, I wouldn't mind the battles being longer, even if only so I can read more fluff.

On that note: it's more classic BT fluff which I have always enjoyed. What more needs to be said?

Job's a good un!

PS. Maybe more Orks soon? I do like to see Waaagh! Grumgutz, that's where it all started.
Ahh Cammerz has typed himself into oblivion! :o Someone get him back xD

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »
Come to think of it, I know you didn't mention them as an option, but I kinda want to see how Shiva and Bang are doing. Especially since you've done an 8th rep for Orks, Eldar and IG, and I want to see what you make of the Tau since I'm actually familiar with them in 8th (they're the only army I've used so far in 8th). Having said that, Orks are good too. I certainly wouldn't turn down some Grumgutz, or Big Louie for that matter.

Offline Scout Sergeant Mkoll

• The TO Footslogger
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 14
  • I got bored, I stole a hat, I got drunk. :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 08:33:53 PM »
Ah, I've missed these battle reports. Good to the Dark Eldar back where they belong and that they're doing so well too. Can't wait to get my hands on them and see what I can do to resurrect my old list.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 12:15:12 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words!

I was really pleased to see that so many of the old guard are still here :)

I'll try to get the next one out sooner than later!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

anything