?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: WAARGH! Grumgutz vs. Alpha Legion (1500): The Return of Duumrider!  (Read 285 times)

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
  • Mayhem, Carnage and Laffs.
    • View Profile
------------------------------------------------------------
WAARGH! Grumgutz vs. Alpha Legion (1500): The Return of Duumrider!
------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It's been a while.  I've been playing here and there, but nothing serious as I've been waiting for Chapter Approved and Beta rules to simmer to something concrete.  Oh, and how it has!  Smite spam is nerfed, except... Orks still can do it pretty well.
Hordes are still stong and Orks can do it doubly well.
At least... they do better than Dark Eldar.

So, I bring out the Green Horde lead once again by Ex-Farseer Lorilune in a mass surge against... Chaos?

It's an interesting Alpha Legion list with a lot of tricks and surprising to say the least.

Hope you all enjoy the next chapter of the WAARGH! Grumgutz saga.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Fluff is attached!
Comments and Critiques are Greatly Appreciated!

--------------
The Lists
---------------
WAARGH! Grumgutz (1500): 125 Infantry, 1 Vehicle; 6 CPs (Battalion and Patrol)
Ex-Farseer Lorilune (Weirdboy)
Axl da Goff Rokka (Weirdboy)
Big Mek Wingnut (Big Mek on Warbike w/KFF)
Dokta Chop (Painboy w/PK)
Nob w/W!Banner, Kustom Shoota
Boyzx28 w/Sluggas, PK
Boyzx28 w/Sluggas, PK
Boyzx28 w/Shootas
Brother-Captain-Major-Sergeant Skarbutz (Stormboyzx15 w/PK)
BigToof (Gorkanaut)
Weirdboy
Grotzx10
Grotzx10

Alpha Legion (1500): 77 Infantry, 1 Monster; 6 CPs
DUUMRIDER (DPrince w/Wings, Elixer, Malefic talons, Warp Bolter, MoS, Warptime)
Malafens (Sorcerer w/Force Staff, Combi-Bolter, Warptime, Prescience)
Noise Marinesx18 w/Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster
Berzerkersx8 w/Chainswords and Chainaxes, Champ w/Double Claw
Berzerkersx8 w/Chainswords and Chainaxes, Champ w/Double Claw
Cultistsx12 w/ Autoguns, Mark of Slaanesh
Obliteratorsx3 w/Mark of Slaanesh
Obliteratorsx3 w/Mark of Slaanesh

---------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------
Chapter Two: The Retrun of Duumrider
------------------------------------------------

Our story begins deep in the Warp, the nebulous half-real dimension carved out of the dreams and nightmares of the denizens of Realspace.  There, made from mountains of spiraling pink and purple metal was a castle of exquisite and near mind-numbing detail, crafted by the pleasure-driven worshipers of Slaanesh.

But, it was not a place of worship, but instead a holding ground for the unused and bedraggled.  Mutilators and Defilers slumbered in rooms carved out from the warp-stuff and one of the largest rooms was occupied by a fairly-well known creature.  A pile of scantily clad cultists were laid out in a pile, half covering a massive mockery of a humanoid figure.  Adorned with purple and pink Astartes Armor, the Daemon Prince Duumrider slept, his firey flame extinguished for the moment while dreams of depravity filled his brow.

As Duumrider slumbered amongst the mass of drugged-out cultists, there was a tremor in the Warp.  Suddenly, the lidless eyes of the Daemon Prince snapped open and a cackle ripped through the air.

"CHAPTER APPROVED...  BETA MATCH PLAY...  SLAANESH'S PINK PANTIES WE'RE VIABLE AGAIN!!!"

The monstrous creature threw itself upwards, scattering the Chaos worshipers around him.

"MAL!  MAL!  OH, HE'S GOTTA HEAR THIS!"

With a shimmer of brimstone, the beast vanished into a blur of speed and the doors to the sanctum were thrown open with reckless abandon.

In another room of the palace was a Sorcerer deep in thought.  His overwrought pink and purple armor had a sheen of dust as Malefans, the Sorcerer of Slaanesh, looked over his tomes.  There had been little call for Sorcerers of late, as the Gods and Heretics alike were following the rabble calling of Malefic Lords.  Though barely sane and paling in comparison to the centuries of experience of a Sorcerer, the baying hordes that had been active cared little for substance and style.  Instead, they followed whoever could cobble together enough of a warband to throw themselves needlessly against the Imperial warmachine.  Malefens shook his head at the thought of it all.  The children today had no sense of respect for their elders.

And it was at this point that the doors to his study was blown off their hinges by a massive boot that left the once-mighty doors thrown about, knocking over piles of books and carefully kept notes.
With a sigh, Malefans looked over to see the panting and howling form of Daemon Prince Duumrider.  It was going to be one of those days.

"MAL!  MAL!  DID YOU HEAR?!  WE'RE VIABLE AGAIN!  SMITE SPAM DONE GOT THE NERF!"

"What are you talking about?  We're not going any..."

Then, as if on cue, a small shimmering light began to glow on Malefan's wartable.  The Sorcerer wiped off a sheen of dust and almost gasped in surprise at the pinkish rune that shimmered quite clearly.

"We're...  We're being called to battle.  The Dark Prince has need of us once more."

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID!  MAN, THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!  WHO ARE WE FIGHTING?  GIRLYMAN?  SAINT UNDERCOSTED?"

"No..." said Malefans grimly as he looked over his runes.  "Our opponent is... Orks."

"ORKS?  REALLY?  MAN, WE'RE SKIMMING THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL, AREN'T WE?"

"Surely this is a test from the Dark Prince.  Once we prove ourselves worthy, then we will be given something more substantive."  Malefans drummed his fingers in thought.  "A trivial task, but a task nonetheless."

"MAL!  MAL!  YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE THAT!  NOW WE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT SOME MARY-SUE COMING ALONG AND ALIENATING HALF THE FANBASE!"

The Sorcerer took a moment to look up the flaming visage of his mostly-insane colleague.  Sometimes there were motes of wisdom in the Warp-Dust crazed words that scrambled out of Duumrider's mouth.  Surely the Dark Prince had a twist planned.  It was only a matter of time before they figured out what it was...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-Farseer Lorilune was in a foul mood.  Which was her common state of affairs given the situation.  Clad in the remains of her once vaunted robes, she brushed the ends of her bedraggled crimson hair out of her eyes.  Once, she had worried about such creature comforts like vanity and fashion, but now there were more important matters at hand.  She stood over a crudely made table with rolls of paper in front of her that had crude squiggles and sigils that approximated a map.  Barely.  Waargh!  energy crackled through her veins and she looked up, throwing a glance at the other figure in her tent.

Big Mek Wingnut looked sheepishly and tried to make himself as small as possible.  Even though the Ork dwarfed the Eldar, he had long since learned what everyone in the Orkish camp knew:

Nobody was bigger than Big Louie.  Nobody.

"Uh, Louie," asked Wingnut, "Da map ain't all THAT bad, right?"

A roar of Waargh! energy coarsed over the room, knocking the crude maps around the room and stirring the dust on the floor into a small sandstorm.  Wingnut shut his eyes and coughed, stepping back against the onslought.

"Not, that bad?  NOT THAT BAD?"

Lorilune charged forwards, poking a finger against Wingnut's chest, and the Big Mek whimpered as if shot.

"Do you lot even have the faintest idea of cartography?"

"Uh," proffered Wingnut, "I can make you a cart if you want Louie.  Maybe half a Trukk if ya..."

"That's not what cartography..."  Lorilune fought down the very tempting fantasy of blowing Wingnut and all of the Orks into the stratosphere.  It was bad enough that the Orks had crashlanded on this misbegotten planet, but it was even worse that they didn't have a clue as to where they were and in what direction they were going.  Lorilune half expected that they were wandering around the forest in circles, getting further away from the Spaceport that held their only hope of getting off the planet.  But, thinking and planning were not the Ork way of doing anything.  It was as foreign as soap to the greenskins, but by Khaine's bones she was going to force it down their throats until they choked on it.

"Why's you need a map anyhows?"  asked Wingnut, a bit relieved that the blasting had stopped.

"Why?  Why?! How do you know we're going even vaguely in the right direction."

Wingnut nodded, "Yeah, I guess dat's a problem, but ya know...  Bigtoof can see those gits."

"He... WHAT?!" screamed Lorilune, looking out the tent flap at the enormous Gorkanaut that was piloted by possibly the stupidest Ork she had ever met.  The massive Warmachine had fallen over again after bending over too far and was slowly being pulled up again, causing the entire warband to grind to a halt.  As necessary as the Gorkanaut was to her plans, Lorilune still couldn't believe that the massive titan could be brought low by something shiny on the ground.

"Then why didn't you lot tell me?!"

"Uh," proffered Wingnut, "Cuz you said dat you didn't want to hear no more about BigToof cause of what he did with dat fallin' over thing."

A vein throbbed on her head as the Ex-Farseer summoned all of her strength to keep from screaming at the top of her lungs.  Orks.  Just when you thought you had reached the nadir of their stupidity, you found a new layer of idiocy ripe for the mining.  At least, she thought to herself, it couldn't get worse.

"Boss!  Boss!" screamed an Ork Boy as he ran inside.  "We see some humies on da hills up ahead!"

"Good," said Lorilune, "I'm just in the mood for them.  Summon the Warband.  The Might of the Eldar will herald their destruction!"

"Wut?"

Sighing, the Ex-Farseer said in monotone, "Get everyone together.  We're going to fight them."

"Oh, right!" replied the Ork Boy, waving his Choppa around,  " Green is da Best!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mission: Cleanse (Kill Points)
Setup: Vanguard (Diagonals)

Pre-Game Thoughts: Right, I've got a horde... versus one of the scariest anti-infantry lists I've seen in a while.
I've seen Chaos (with it's shiny Codex...) run rabid on the table, and there's a lot of nasty things out there.
Noise marines with umpteen million accurate (gasp!) shots with Sorcerer support, Khorne Berzerkers (ouch) and a Daemon Prince (better than Morty or Magnus I suppose), but still a nasty list over-all.  Only two units of Oblits, so I guess I should be happy there?
As for my list, I've got a metric Ork-sized ton of bodies with now three Weirdboyz (love 'em) and still BigToof the Gorkanaut as distraction Carnifex.  I don't have much anti-tank, as I've brought a W! Banner Nob (might be useful?), a Painboy and Stormboyz to see what they do instead of doing the sensible thing and taking KMKannons or the like.
Looking at the board, I really miss those Kannons...
I sense that this will be a slobber-knocker for the ages to come!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To be Continued!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 01:52:52 PM by BigToof »
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
Re: WAARGH! Grumgutz vs. Alpha Legion (1500): The Return of Duumrider!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
Wooh, batrep! Orks, big Louie, and Duumrider? What a wonderful Christmas present  ;D

Offline Cammerz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 10:38:42 PM »
I really love reading Big Louie, she's got the perfect level of frustration when dealing with Wingnut and the rest of WAAAGH! Grumgutz.

Also I'd forgotten that Duumrider was your universe's Deadpool with his disregard for the fourth wall.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the report, Merry Xmas.
Ahh Cammerz has typed himself into oblivion! :o Someone get him back xD

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:20:12 PM »
Thank you for the patience and the kind comments!

Please let me know what you think of the rep and what you'd like to see in the future.

Best,
-BT

---------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Warlord:
 -Alpha Legion: I AM ALPHARIUS (Currently Duumrider, Extra Attack)
 -Orkz: 6+ extra save (Lorilune)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
----------
Setup:
----------

Well, it's an interesting board.
The center is dominated by a large hill with forests on either side.
There are ruins in the corners, but there's a LOT of area without cover, but the hill does block LoS to smaller units.
...  This is going to be a heck of a thing to assault.
We start putting down models with my opponent finishing first.
Not surprisingly, the Berzerkers, the Daemon Prince and the Noise Marines go into infiltration, with the cultists and the Sorcerer in the back ruins.  The Oblits go into deep strike.
The Orks string out a long line of Grots with 7" away the rest of the Horde.
The Stormboyz are front and center with the Characters behind them and the Gorkanaut just behind them.
The Alpha Legion win the roll and decide to go first.

They put down the Noise Marines on the hill, the Berzerkers in the front and the Prince behind the hill.

I fail to seize and the game is on!

Picture Caption: This going to be UGLY.

-----------------------
Turn 1: Alpha Legion
-----------------------

Sorcerer Malafens sighed as he watched the Noise Marines tuning up their Sonic Blasters.  As much as he enjoyed the ambiance of a good acoustic threshing, the offshoots of the Emperor's Children always had to be so uncomfortably close to the enemy.  Normally this wouldn't be a bad thing if it was a line of Imperial scum who wouldn't know how to handle a chainsword if you gave them a millinea of lessons, but against an Ork horde, it was another matter entirely.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER MAL?  YOU GETTING COLD FEET?!"

Malefans glanced over at the screeching laughter of his companion, the flame-skulled Duumrider.

"I'm simply concerned with this frontal assault.  The Orks are known for their close-quarters capability and as we have allied with the Alpha Legion, we are in a prime position for an ambush."

"YEAH, AND WE EVEN GOT SOME KHORNE-BABIES TO COME ALONG WITH US!  THAT'S NOT BREAKING FLUFF OR ANYTHING LIKE IT YA KNOW!"

Malefans sighed.  This was all being rather troublesome with the Daemon Prince's barely understandable tirade.  Very well, let the Orks feel the might of Chaos!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Berzerkers and Prince move up and the Sorcerer moves up with some cultists.
The Oblits drop down next to the hill and get ready to fire.
Prescience fails on the Noise Marines (huzzah!) and the Price tries to cast Warptime.
The Prince spends a Command Point to get a re-roll on the power and barely makes it, but Lorilune dispels it.

The Noise Marines fire on the Stormboyz, but rolls subpar and only a half dozen or so die.  My opponent then uses the Slaanesh Strategem to fire again (!!!) and then wipes out the Stormboyz...

I remark to my opponent that that's amazing for one CP, but he remarks that it's actually two... and then we realize that he has only ONE CP left.

So... rewinding time, the Stormboyz get to live another day.  Or turn at least.

The Oblits also fizzle on their shots, doing only a few wounds on BigToof.

The Berzerkers and Prince slam into the Grotz and kill them all with ease.  (The Grots take down ONE Berzerker with their overwatch though!)

Picture Caption: First Blood to the Alpha Legion!

--------------------
Turn 1: Orks
--------------------

"Where in the name of Khaine did those Mon-Keigh come from?!" bellowed Lorilune as she ducked the explosion of Gretchin body parts that were once her front line.

"I dunno Louie," replied Big Mek Wingnut, who was scratching his head, "Da Scouts done said nuffin about all dat."

"Khornate Berzerkers and a FLAMING HEADED DAEMON PRINCE?  Nothing?  They noticed NOTHING?"

"Well," said Wingnut, pulling up a pile of papers, "Dey said dere was a bunch of boxes in da woods, but it wasn't no trap."

"A bunch of boxes," said Lorilune, pressing her fingers against her temples in hopes of keeping her sanity intact, "What kind of boxes?"

"Oh, big ones.  But, dey alls said 'NOT A TRAP' in big letters on them.  So we ain't had nuffin to worry about."

Wingnut winced a bit as he watched Big Louie slam her head furiously against the Gorkanaut behind them.  He guessed that even Louie was confused by the strata-watznit of the Spikey Boyz.  True sneaky gitz they were...

"LOUIE!  DAT GUY'S HEAD IS ON FIRE!"

Lorilune looked up at the aghast-looking Gorkanaut, who was gesticulating at the approaching cackling Daemon Prince who indeed did have a skull of writhing Warpflame.

"Well then.  I suppose you had better put it out for him.  Forcibly."

"YOU GOT IT LOUIE!  I'M GONNA HELP BUT GOOD THIS TIME!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Orks move up with the Stormboyz leaping over the Prince.
The Characters move out of the way with the Gorkanaut moving up to say hi to the Daemon Prince.
I jump the Shootas over to the right flank.  The Prince tries to deny it, but I have +9 or so due to the massive number of greenskins, effectively making it impossible.
I throw Warpath on the Stormboyz and then Smite the Prince pretty hard.
Shooting is kind of sad, with the Shootas doing not too much damage even though I try the DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA Stratagem.  I do find out that the Noise Marines get to fire off their weapons when they die (WHA?), so I inadvertantly take some wounds from that though..
The Sluggas slam into the Berzerkers and wash them away in a sea of green fisted Choppas.  BigToof crunches the Prince to find out HE WASN'T THE REAL WARLORD AFTER ALL (Alpha Legion Shenanigans!).
The Stormboyz slam into the Oblits, killing two.  I then make the less than great decision of consolidating into the Noise Marines...
Who actually have TWO attacks each.  They then fight back and wipe out nearly all of the Stormboyz who then flee due to morale.

Picture Caption: Stormboyz...  I expected better.
KPs:
Alpha Legion: 3 (plus First Blood)
Orks: 3

----------------------
Turn 2: Alpha Legion
----------------------

"MAL!  I DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT THEY'RE CHEATIN!  I'M OUTTA HERE!"

Malefans swore as he watched Duumrider explode in a puff of Hellfire and disappear back into the Warp.  He had clearly forgotten that the Duumrider of old was famous for coming and leaving in a moment.

Very well, then the Noise Marines will have to pick up the slack.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Realizing that a LOT of Ork is going to hit them next turn, the Legion falls back.
Prescience this time goes off on the Noise Marines who then nearly wipe out the closest unit of sluggas (!).  The Oblits try to hurt 'Toof, but can't do much and then assault into the Boyz.  The Sluggas wipe out their Oblit, but the Shootas can't quite seem to wipe theirs out.

Picture Caption: Nearly... there...

-------------------
Turn 2: Orks
-------------------

BigToof laughed from his perch high above the Battlefield.  Everything was much more fun from up there.  Everyone was small like little bugs and you got to squish them.  Louie was yellin' somethin', but it was hard to tell what was goin' on.

He done put the head out on the flamey head guy and then there were all these purple Spikey Boyz that was playin' their music too loud.  Louie was maybe yellin' about that cause they done got yelled at last time da Goff Rokkas done turned up the amps too much.  Someone should tell them to keep it down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Green Tide continues forwards.

I smite the Oblit out of the Shootas and then jump the last viable unit of Sluggas forwards.
BigToof moves up to the Noise Marines.
Shooting doesn't do much as -1 is really doing a number on my accuracy.

The Sluggas assault in, hammering a unit of Cultists into mulch and then consolidate into more Cultists and the Sorcerer.  The Alpha Legion do some hits back, but I've got plenty of Orks to go around.

'Toof slams into the Noise Marines, doing massive damage.  Who then... shoot into the Sluggas in combat next to them. 

Wait... What?  Apparently that's a thing...

I take a lot of damage, and now things are getting a bit worrisome for the not-as-big mob.

Picture Caption: 'Toof!  Stop being so effective!
KPs:
Orks: 6

-----------------------
Turn 3: Alpha Legion
-----------------------
With not much else to do, the Cultists join in on the fight.
The Cultists take their pound of flesh, but the Orks hit back hard.
BigToof finishes off the Noise Marines though, which hilariously does a lot of damage to the Sluggas.

Picture Caption: Thing looking grim!

-----------------------
Turn 3: Orks
-----------------------
'Toof slams into the Cultists.  Bad times ahoy.
The Sorcerer manages to stay alive, but all of the Cultists die in a Gorkanaut related spasming (aka DA HAPPY DANCE).

Picture Caption: Cultists done got smashed.
KPs:
Orks: 9

And with that the Sorcerer decides that yeah... writing on the wall, let's get out of here.

---------------------------
Result: ORK VICTORY!
---------------------------

---------------------
Post-Game Thoughts:
---------------------

Wow, talk about Codex BUFFS.

The Alpha Legion has been thought of as one of the strongest Legions, but I didn't realize why until now.  The -1 to hit pretty much made my Shootas and Gorkanaut useless except you know... hitting them in the face.

The ability for the Chaos units to infiltrate and THEN STILL move normally and assault is just nuts.  This makes Berzerkers and their like SO strong as it guarantees them a first turn assault.  As the Berzerkers can fight twice, it makes it more needed to have a first line of chaff.  Thankfully, Grots did that in spades.

The Noise Marines were also the stars of the game, with the ability to basically throw the rules of the game out the window and shoot at anything they want after they died.  Maybe a bit OP, but I guess since it's "only" 3 shot bolters I guess they're less scary for some armies.  Hella effective against my Greenskins though.
I'm only really lucky that my opponent failed to use the Slaanesh Strategem of shooting twice as he didn't have enough CPs.

Speaking of which, that is an AMAZINGLY POWERFUL Strategem that seems completely OP compared to anything that the Orks have.  It's basically allowing you to do what you do best twice.  I guess that's why the Y'nnari are so powerful, but clearly the Noise Marines are just hella good at what they do.

If Orks get something similar (i.e. Fight/Charge twice or Shoot twice), then that will make them AMAZING.

As of right now, I didn't feel amazing in anything except for two things:

1.  Psychic Dominance.
With Smite Spam dead, the Weirdboyz (and Louie) just ruled the park doing Smites to snipe out Oblits and then just do whatever they want with their massive bonuses from surroudning boyz.  The Painboy also helped a lot by keeping them alive by healing them up.

2.  GREEN TIDE RESILIANCE
Blocks of Boyz take bullets hella well.  My opponent's Anti-Tank was just sub-par versus BigToof and didn't do anything against the wall of Boyz.  And the Boyz were getting shot out of their boots, but I had SO many, I didn't need to care until the very end of the game.  And the Sluggas are just so deadly with their massive number of S4 attacks, I didn't really need the Waargh! Banner or even Warpath.  I really think that the simple Slugga boy was the best unit for the Orks so far.

BigToof was a big, useful distraction Carnifex, but if my opponent had say... taken less Berzerkers and cultists but MORE Oblits, it would have been a bad day.

The Painboy was useful to keep Lorilune and the Weirdboyz up, but he wasn't AS useful for the other units, save the Stormboyz in the beginning.  6+ save is ok, but is it worth the points?

Wingnut's KFF was really needed for BigToof, as otherwise it just wouldn't work.  The Mek is sadly not tough enough to fight on his own, so I'm still not sure what to do with him.  Maybe give him the relic?

The Grots were really, really useful for taking it in the face and filling out the troop choice slots.  I loved having them.

The Stormboyz were cute, but I think I either need to take more of them or maybe another unit for them to be really useful.

The W! Banner Nob was a bit too much.  I think I'll cut him out of the next iteration and put in some KMK Mek Gunz or more Stormboyz.  Or maybe Kommandos?

Overall, it was a great experience and got me back into liking the game again.  Clearly, the Orks need a LOT of help against Codex armies and at 1500pts they are ok as there isn't a mass of CPs available for both sides to use.
I can only hope that the Ork Codex will be HALF as epic as the CSM codex is though...  Those Stratagems are rough to have to fight agaisnt.

Hope you all enjoyed the rep!  Comments greatly appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------
Epilogue
---------------

Victory.

Of a sorts.

Lorilune surveyed the battlefield, looking at her much depriciated forces.  There was no way that they could take the spaceyard with these meager forces.

How had the forces of Chaos become involved?  Was this lunacy of Grumgutz's somehow garnered such attention that it required direct involvement of the Warp itself?  Clearly something more was going on.  All she had to do was keep her wits about her and...

"LOUIE!"

Lorilune glanced up at the enormous Gorkanaut who was wiping his Cultist-strewn feet off in the forest.

"WAZ DEY OUR FRIENDS?"

"No, you imbicile!" yelled Lorilune, "They were..."

Suddenly, a thought smashed right into Lorilune's mind as if hidden for some time.  Indeed, it was a crazy idea, but it just might work.

"Wingnut.  Get your people together.  I need you to make something."

"Make somefin'?"  Wingnut said, ears perking up at the idea.  "What kind of somefin' Louie?"

"I need to call some old favors in.  We just need to send out a message loud enough for them to hear it..."

------------------------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED!  (In the next installment that is!)
BigToof Points:

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:32:07 PM »
Units being able to act after death I understand, but I kinda assumed they'd have to follow the usual rules for shooting, i.e. not able to shoot while in combat, and not able to shoot into another combat. Is that really something the rules allow?

Anyways, another great rep as always. I can't wait to hear Lorilune's scheme, although I'm also wondering what Grumgutz is up to in all this.

As far as requests go... I'd like some Tau, but I imagine you're wanting to wait for their codex? I also miss Lady Jenna, but if the Guard codex is as powerful as I've heard, it might not be an interesting or long battle.

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 11:12:11 PM »
Units being able to act after death I understand, but I kinda assumed they'd have to follow the usual rules for shooting, i.e. not able to shoot while in combat, and not able to shoot into another combat. Is that really something the rules allow?

Anyways, another great rep as always. I can't wait to hear Lorilune's scheme, although I'm also wondering what Grumgutz is up to in all this.

As far as requests go... I'd like some Tau, but I imagine you're wanting to wait for their codex? I also miss Lady Jenna, but if the Guard codex is as powerful as I've heard, it might not be an interesting or long battle.

Thanks for the reply Mabbz!
I've generally assumed that not ALL the rules are thrown out, but the Noise Marine rules say something that you can shoot while in combat and can use grenades.

Now, some people have interpreted it to mean that ALL RULES DO NOT APPLY, but we've kind of taken a middle road.
As far as I know, we've kind of taken that some rules (like character targeting) still apply, but not 100% sure...

I do have something for IG as the same CSM player and it's actually a pretty good fight (but a heck of a lot different in power than the Orks)...

I've been trying to think of another list for the Orks, but besides tweaking the current Green Tide list, I haven't seen anything that really sings for me.  Eldar too seem a bit bland for me as I can't do Dark Eldar as primary...

Let me know what you think!

Best,
- BT
BigToof Points:

Offline Deraj

• Irongut
  • Shas'El
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »
I want to write some well thought out post but... honestly all I can offer up is saying that as always I love reading your battle reports and would like to thank you for posting them.

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:59:37 AM »
I want to write some well thought out post but... honestly all I can offer up is saying that as always I love reading your battle reports and would like to thank you for posting them.

Thanks so much for the kind words Deraj!

So often I feel like I'm shouting to the void, so it's great to hear that you all like the reps.

I'll definitely keep them coming!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Offline Cammerz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
Honestly, I've got to the stage where I can't think of anything new or original to write in response to these reports, we've been doing this for so many years now. Just know that I'm still reading every single one and I've yet to find one that I didn't enjoy.

Lorilune remains my favourite of your characters and it's always great to see her.

Having remained in the past and not yet taken the plunge into 8th edition, many of the rules are completely alien to me but I've always been reading for the fluff more than the battle anyway.

Well done on the win, looking forward to the next one,

Job's a good un!
Ahh Cammerz has typed himself into oblivion! :o Someone get him back xD

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 12:38:11 AM »
Honestly, I've got to the stage where I can't think of anything new or original to write in response to these reports, we've been doing this for so many years now. Just know that I'm still reading every single one and I've yet to find one that I didn't enjoy.

Lorilune remains my favourite of your characters and it's always great to see her.

Having remained in the past and not yet taken the plunge into 8th edition, many of the rules are completely alien to me but I've always been reading for the fluff more than the battle anyway.

Well done on the win, looking forward to the next one,

Job's a good un!

Hi Cammerz!

It's actually a bit amazing to think how long these reps have been going on, and I'm really thankful that you've been with me so long.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm also hopeful that the future will keep up with all of the changes that 8th will bring...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Offline BigToof

• Battlefield Journalist
  • Karma 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 01:16:17 PM »
Quick follow-up:
Checked the FAQ and the Noise Marines can't break the rules.
Should have used pistols only if they fall in assault and can only shoot at other units if not within 1" of a unit.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

anything