?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: Minor rules changes  (Read 274 times)

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
Minor rules changes
« on: March 27, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Ever thought of a rule that doesn't exist, but you wish it did? And you don't make a new topic here to discuss it, because it's such a minor rules change?

Much like the battle anecdotes thread for people to share fun moments without writing a full battle report, this thread is for house rule ideas that don't really warrant a full thread.

For some examples of the kind of minor rules changes I mean, see the Tweak a unit contest here

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
Re: Minor rules changes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »
The first rules I've been thinking of recently are the various Explodes rules. The gist of them are that when a vehicle is reduced to zero wounds, roll a d6. On a 6, the vehicle explodes, inflicting mortal wounds on nearby units.

I want to change it so that you can overkill vehicles to increase the chance of explosion. I was thinking something like "for every wound lost after its last one, roll a d6. If any 6s are rolled, the vehicle explodes"

For example, a tank is on 2 wound left, when a lascannon successfully wounds it, and rolls a five for damage. As such, the player rolls 3d6, and any 6s result in an explosion

Thoughts?

anything