News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Warhammer Underworlds

Started by Lord Witherfume, November 09, 2018, 02:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Witherfume

Been playing a lot of Warhammer Underworlds these days. I think it's my favourite game that GW makes these days. Nice that an entire faction only costs $35.

â€Ã...“It’s a lot harder to agree with something than disagree.â€Ã,

BigToof

Quote from: Lord Witherfume on November 09, 2018, 02:51:57 AM
Been playing a lot of Warhammer Underworlds these days. I think it's my favourite game that GW makes these days. Nice that an entire faction only costs $35.

I haven't actually heard anything about this game.
Might I ask what you like about it?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Lord Witherfume

Quote from: BigToof on November 10, 2018, 01:48:48 AM
Quote from: Lord Witherfume on November 09, 2018, 02:51:57 AM

I haven't actually heard anything about this game.
Might I ask what you like about it?

Best,
-BT

It's been out for a while. It's known better as Shadespire,which was the name for the first season.

It's a quick game to play (takes around 20-30min to play a game), you don't use a lot of miniatures (the largest warband has nine), so you can really take your time painting them.

The warbands are also extremely well balanced against eachother, and and have a unique feel and playstyle. Every single faction has won a grand clash.

Who wins games, depends mostly on player skill, and how you build your decks. It's a great competitive game. I'm practicing for a shadeglass tournament next weekend. Not sure if I want to play the Farstriders, or Eyes of the Nine yet. I've played both a lot.

The core box is inexpensive, and the warband expansion boxes are too.

Just one of the best tactical games I've played. Really rewards good play. It's alternative activation, and each player has only 12 activations in a game, so it's all about choosing the best moves, and planning ahead. I love it.

Irisado

GW's board games or 'board game style' games tend to be better than their open play games.  I have fond memories of playing Heroquest and Advanced Heroquest, for example.  I'm also told that Warhammer Quest was a very good game, although I never bought a copy, which I still regret.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Lord Witherfume

I played silver tower with some friends for a good while when it came out. It's a fun cooperative game. We just brought out a few beers, and snacks, and played a mission a week. Great fun! I'm very much looking forward to playing Blackstone Fortress.

But, It's a $200 game, so a pretty expensive one. I might just pick up one of the holiday army bundles instead, and pick up Blackstone later. But, I'm gonna keep picking up all the underworlds warbands, as I have to have them all lol, and I can pretty much buy all the Warhammer Underworlds warbands for the same price as Blackstone.