PHP My Admin

Author Topic: Tomb Lords First List  (Read 362 times)

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Board Moderator
  • Karma 13
  • Local Demon
    • Elsinqart Blog
Tomb Lords First List
« on: July 14, 2019, 03:11:09 pm »
Thaks to meeting a dude at my LGS whos part of the local Wargaming group, I'm in a position to finally start making army lists for my Tomb Lords. Only now because I haven't been keeping up to date with Codexi and core rules. Potentially to change in future. For now I'm using the third party army roster app BattleScribe.

This list is based on my currently limited pool of Space Marines who make up my Tomb Lords collection.

Chapter
Iron Hands (Though by Lore, they're Imperial Fists successors, the Iron Hands fits better mechanically better then IF)

HQ
Captain [5PL,88pts]
Warlord Trait: Iron Resolve
Upgrades: Armour Indomitus, Relic Blade, Plasma Pistol

Troops
Tactical Squad (5) [5PL,69pts]
Sergeant: Power Sword

Scout Squad (5) [6PL,74pts]
Sergeant: Shotgun & Power Sword
Squad: Shotguns, Camo Cloaks

Fast Attack
Assault Squad (5) [6PL,90pts]
Sergeant: Power Sword, Plasma Pistol
Squad: Jump Packs, 1x Flamer

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad (5) [8PL,174pts]
Sergeant: Power Fist
Squad: 4x Lascannon

Total = 495pts

Going Forward
At present, I only have the Captain, Tactical Squad, and Devastator Squads built and in progress of being painted. The Scout squad and Assault squad are at a somewhat mental planning stage, as I have a particular look I'm going for with them. Once these two squads are added to the force, it will be a bit more of a playable army sitting at just under 500pts.

After this, i'll be looking to increase the size of each squad to ten models. This will allow me to take advantage of combat squads, to have a better presence on the battlefield. My troop units will have the higher priority for this.

In the long term, I'm not sure what is considered a good addition to this core force. As I'm trying to go for a Marine/Necron hybrid aesthetic, it will be interesting to find ways to integrate Necron vehicles and weaponry into the space marine units.

At present, there is a few Necron weapons already in the force:
The Captains' Relic Blade is the scythe include in the Necron Lord plastic kit, while his plasma pistol, is the tachyon arrow from the triarch Praetorian kit.
The Lascannons of the Devastators are actually the sniper rifles of the Necron Deathmarks.
The main weapon change is using Necron Gauss Rifles in place of standard Boltguns. They have similar statlines, and the lack of Gauss rule can be put as the Tomb Lords not mastering the Necron tech, but still finding a way to mass product the weapon, or at least mass-retrofit the weapon.
I should be trying to update my modeling and painting log with images of what the force looks like.
Isle of Carandia RPG | OOC