News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

6th Edition WTFs?

Started by BigToof, July 02, 2012, 09:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Cammerz on August 23, 2012, 04:15:19 PM
Well just get a large horde, enough S4+ shots and you can glance any flyer out of the sky.
Tell me again how S4 can bring down a Stormraven without your opponent being a complete retard? Actually, aren't the festering turds that are Vendettas AV12 too?

Flyers are absurd as things stand. Yes, ok, there's the defence lines but a) I'm willing to bet they're quite expensive cashwise and b) I should not have to gear my list on the off chance that my opponent has been enough of a douche to bring a flyer without telling me.

If they're kept in hover mode, or whatever it's called where they're a Fast Skimmer then fine, but until Skyfire is a lot more common Flyers are horrendously broken. Especially for the cost of some of them.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

InsaneTD

Yeah, I have to agree with Mkoll on this. It really sucks for Tau. No AA and I  really  don't want to have to rely on glancing hits to kill flyers.

Pottsey

Quote from: Charistoph on August 10, 2012, 04:25:31 PM
Walker shooting took a bit of a nerf.  Before, you could unload with everything, no problem, no matter how far you moved (ordnance being the only exception).  Now, if you move, only one is fully effective, the rest are Snap-Fired.

Could we be seeing more one-handed Dreadnoughts coming out?  Or will they be platforms only?

Twin-Linked Snap-Fire will not take you very far...
There is no nerf to walker shooting that I can see. Walkers/dreads are just like before you can move and fire everything. Walkers have relentless and move like infantry only with the added rule that they can fire all weapons.  So walkers always count as stationary for firing weapons even when they have moved just like relentless infantry.

Charistoph

Quote from: Pottsey on August 25, 2012, 06:27:49 PM
Walker shooting took a bit of a nerf.  Before, you could unload with everything, no problem, no matter how far you moved (ordnance being the only exception).  Now, if you move, only one is fully effective, the rest are Snap-Fired.

Could we be seeing more one-handed Dreadnoughts coming out?  Or will they be platforms only?

There is no nerf to walker shooting that I can see. Walkers/dreads are just like before you can move and fire everything. Walkers have relentless and move like infantry only with the added rule that they can fire all weapons.  So walkers always count as stationary for firing weapons even when they have moved just like relentless infantry.

They MOVE like Infantry, but still SHOOT like Vehicles.  Remember, all vehicles are Relentless, not just Walkers.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

El ShasOcho

The real issue is things like valkyries and Storm Ravens that came before 6th was almost here. The high AV fliers are incredibly difficult to take out without incredible luck, at least until they come down to hover. I hope that coming codices will provide enough anti-air to at least shift the meta away from flier heavy so some older codices will not be totally screwed.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Pottsey

Quote from: Charistoph on August 26, 2012, 12:13:19 AM

They MOVE like Infantry, but still SHOOT like Vehicles.  Remember, all vehicles are Relentless, not just Walkers.
Only vehicle

Tom

Quote from: Pottsey on August 26, 2012, 09:10:24 AM

Only vehicle

Charistoph

Quote from: Tom on August 26, 2012, 11:42:12 AM
Quote from: Pottsey on August 26, 2012, 09:10:24 AM

Only vehicle

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

InsaneTD

Don't get used to it. They already fucked some things with FAQs. *gumbletargetlocksgumble*

Charistoph

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on September 01, 2012, 04:31:34 PM
Don't get used to it. They already sav'y'xa'uk some things with FAQs. *gumbletargetlocksgumble*

And anyone who expected the first round of FAQs to be perfect were insanely optimistic.

Heck, it took 3 tries to get the Bretonnian Lance Formation correct for Fantasy 8th Edition!  And that was an easy one!

InsaneTD

Oh I never did. FAQs have never, nor will ever be, perfect. But even so, somethings are just so stupid. Why remove target locks altoghter? They weren't broken. But, that's been whinged about already, so lets move on.

knightperson

And just as another thread reports that the target lock and disruption pods are back, I found another really annoying omission. Behold the Tau Sniper Drone Team. Behold the Spotter of said team, who is essentially the squad-leader of the unit. More than that, if he dies, the rest of the unit is removed also. Sounds like a Character who should at least get a 4+ Look Out Sir, right? Wrong. There's nothing in the FAQ, and the reference table in the back lists him as In, not In (Ch). So no LOS for him.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: knightperson on September 07, 2012, 06:07:08 PM
And just as another thread reports that the target lock and disruption pods are back, I found another really annoying omission. Behold the Tau Sniper Drone Team. Behold the Spotter of said team, who is essentially the squad-leader of the unit. More than that, if he dies, the rest of the unit is removed also. Sounds like a Character who should at least get a 4+ Look Out Sir, right? Wrong. There's nothing in the FAQ, and the reference table in the back lists him as In, not In (Ch). So no LOS for him.
Yeah, but now your Disruption Pods are absolutely absurd. 3+ cover save as standard for a vehicle in cover for a measly 5pts? I'm sorry but no, that's ridiculous. Flechettes now have competition for the Most Ridiculously Priced Upgrade award it seems.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Pottsey

Quote from: Warmaster Russ on September 07, 2012, 06:31:58 PM
Quote from: knightperson on September 07, 2012, 06:07:08 PM
Yeah, but now your Disruption Pods are absolutely absurd. 3+ cover save as standard for a vehicle in cover for a measly 5pts? I'm sorry but no, that's ridiculous. Flechettes now have competition for the Most Ridiculously Priced Upgrade award it seems.
Or 2+ cover if it

The Man They Call Jayne

The devilfish is still over priced even with that save. Although its utility just went up because it isnt worth shooting with anyway.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4