Author Topic: Second Sphere Committees Recruitment  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
Second Sphere Committees Recruitment
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:09:35 PM »
At 2S we're looking to recruit new members to be part of the various committees that compose 2S.

The following committees exist:
Admin Committee
Forum Moderator Committee

Board Leaders
Social Media and Marketting
Contests
Newsletter
Campaign Committee

Those which are crossed out are currently not actively looking for new members. The others are looking for/may be interested in having some fresh blood to revitalise them.

Being part of a committee is a commitment in that you will have to give some time towards making the committee's goals come to fruition. For example, members of the Newsletter committee must find/produce/organise the production of content for the newsletter every month. Board Leaders must push for activity in their board(s). Admins must code and manage the website etc. You won't be forced into spending lots and lots of hours working towards these goals but we would expect you to put some time and effort into the committee you have joined.

Most of the committees are fairly obvious in their purposes but there're a couple that you may not be familiar with:
Social Media and Marketting
The SM&M committee aims to bring users to 2S by posting interesting facets of 2S (e.g. RP threads, announcements, showcase posts) onto our Twitter and Facebook accounts so that we can bring people onto 2S and to inform them of what is currently going on.
Campaign Committee
We are planning to have a forum-wide campaign of sorts. This will require effort from people across all committees and throughout our userbase. However, the Campaign Committee will be the central board of people organising and handling the campaign and how it functions. More information on this will be available at a later time.

So, are you interested in supporting Second Sphere by being part of a committee?

-Second Sphere Committees HQ

EDIT: The SM&M and Campaign committee can now be joined by requesting it through your profile. :)

In other news:
  • The Karmalog is now fully functional.
  • The database transfer resulted in some minor errors of which most have been corrected.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:05:04 PM by Sorck the Spork »

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
Re: Second Sphere Committees Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »
I'm willing to help out with the campaign committee, although I have no experience with running anything really.

Incidentally, most topics aren't being marked as read when I read them. they don't show up in the unread topics area so it's not a big problem, but all those orange "new" buttons everywhere are a little annoying.

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
Re: Second Sphere Committees Recruitment
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
I'm willing to help out with the campaign committee, although I have no experience with running anything really.

Incidentally, most topics aren't being marked as read when I read them. they don't show up in the unread topics area so it's not a big problem, but all those orange "new" buttons everywhere are a little annoying.
It's probably worth going http://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=unread and marking all messages as read. :)

I'll put you on the campaign list (pending the group relevant permissions being set up for the group).