News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Lelith & Talos Combo

Started by The Architect of Change (FT), July 21, 2012, 09:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Architect of Change (FT)

Just been flicking through the Dark Eldar codex and started reading Lelith's entry.

As I was reading Lelith's A League Apart, a broad smile crossed my face. With the way that Monstrous Creatures work now, teaming a Talos and Lelith (and a squad of Wyches) means that Lelith has the chance to get a shed load of extra attacks.

Basically my understanding is thus: The Talos is a monstrous creature and hence is fear causing. Te enemy unit that gets attacked by a Talos must pass a Ld test or drop their WS to 1... Lelith's special rules states she gets a number of bonus attacks equal to the difference between her WS (9) and the enemies (now 1).

There is also the ability to team Lelith up with an Avatar of Khaine (using Allies of course) and make her Fearless to boot and do the same thing.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: The Architect of Change (FT) on July 21, 2012, 09:07:50 AM
Just been flicking through the Dark Eldar codex and started reading Lelith's entry.

As I was reading Lelith's A League Apart, a broad smile crossed my face. With the way that Monstrous Creatures work now, teaming a Talos and Lelith (and a squad of Wyches) means that Lelith has the chance to get a shed load of extra attacks.

Basically my understanding is thus: The Talos is a monstrous creature and hence is fear causing. Te enemy unit that gets attacked by a Talos must pass a Ld test or drop their WS to 1... Lelith's special rules states she gets a number of bonus attacks equal to the difference between her WS (9) and the enemies (now 1).

There is also the ability to team Lelith up with an Avatar of Khaine (using Allies of course) and make her Fearless to boot and do the same thing.

Well, the thing is that you need to modify that leadership somehow in order for it to be triggered consistently. For that you need leadership reducing wargears such as the  torment grenade launchers to be near the target that Lelith would like to charge into. For this tactic the Avatar is a much more durable unit than that of the Talos as it could survive the incoming killing power that could come from powerfists/power axes. In addition, you would also need someone else that could challenge some of the characters to reduce even more flakk coming your way to prevent Lelith or the Avatar to be tied down by a challenge and limit the damage done to the unit. You can throw in some Syren or a Hekatrix into the fray, or if you really want to max up the killing potential take the Archon with the 2++ invul and go for it.

IN addition, the charging order is very vital as you do not want Lelith to be hit by the Overwatch, and you could instead use the Avatar as the first assaulter. From here on out, it gives them the choice; which target should they use their overwatch on? The assault unit with Lelith and the Archon or the Avatar? The Avatar is tough enough to survive the overwatch, while the weaker but the more numerous unit will have an archon with a 2+ Invul taking it for the team.

It is a workable idea, but takes too much work to trigger it off.

Warptide

Fear is very unreliable, and doesn't even work against most marines. It would be nasty, but it's too situational to rely on.