News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dark Eldar 6th Ed. Brainstorming

Started by BigToof, July 26, 2012, 01:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crisis_vyper

Question for an interesting idea;

I recall that for Battle Brothers, you can cast the power upon other Battle Brother units as if they were friendly units. What happens if I attach a Jetseer into a Beastmaster Pack and cast fortune on them? Would the Beastmaster Pack benefit from the Fortune? They are friendly units after all. And if it works with the Clown-star with the Archon in it, it must work with the Beastmasters right?

If such, I would prefer to take the Beastmasters over the Harlequins as I could also attach the Baron into the unit and make it quite an interesting unit to field. Cast Fortune and Doom and I would be good to go.

BigToof

Hi Crisis,
Fortune only works on "Eldar units" per the FAQ (Harlies in my list are allies from the Eldar detachment), but if your mates let you use on "Dark Eldar" too that's fine.  :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Chicop76

Quote from: BigToof on August 02, 2012, 06:15:17 PM
Hi Crisis,
Fortune only works on "Eldar units" per the FAQ (Harlies in my list are allies from the Eldar detachment), but if your mates let you use on "Dark Eldar" too that's fine.  :)

Best,
-BT

I was thinking of turning the Archon into a chaos spawn for fun, +2 re rollabe save that. Eldrad would be a bit harder to do due to him being T4 instead of 3.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on August 02, 2012, 06:15:17 PM
Hi Crisis,

Best,
-BT

OH well, there goes my plan of having a Jetseer, the Baron and a big bunch of Beastmasters running and hollering down towards the throat of the enemy while shrugging off everything like it was the cadets of the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy...:shifty:

crisis_vyper

Just posting this little thing out for the Dark Eldar players;

With the Incubi being one of our most surefire way of killing Marines of any kind in close combat, I actually found an interesting application for our Eldar allies.If you manage to roll Forewarning, Prescience and/or Misfortune on the Incubi unit with a Huskblade Archon with Phantasm Grenade Launcher (PGL), you can potentially have an epic time with them.

My personal favourite would be the combination of Forewarning and Incubi with Phantasm Grenades, as it provides our Incubi with a surefire way of fighting against their only bane; Assault Terminators and also the PGL would allow them to charge through cover which would provide them with a 4+ Cover saves against those pesky shooting attacks (if they have weapons that ignore cover, then invul saves will come on just fine). This also oddly would make them our version of the Assault terminator.

Grots with Forewarning would also be hilarious.