News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Campaign Committee - Sign Up Thread!

Started by Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus, July 29, 2012, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

NOTE: This is a thread to sign up to be a Campaign Committee Member, not a Campaign Participant. If you are here just to sign up to participate in a future campaign - this is not your thread ;)

Greetings,

Given the interest in hosting a number of campaigns, or more specifically, resuming our campaign hosting ideas from before the crash, I have deduced that I need a team working with me to design the campaigns, moderate how they're run and to clean up the mess after they're over. For this, I need a Campaign Committee.

You, yes you, would make an ideal minion slave volunteer worker, and a viable addition to the Campaign Committee - helping not only myself, but everybody on the forum as more help will mean more potential for successful campaigns, and hence more fun, for everyone.

If you sign up to be a member of the Campaign Committee, you are expected to do a number of jobs, and have a number of responsibilities. Typical jobs may include, but aren't limited to the following:

- Discussing Campaign Ideas for the next campaign
- Narrowing down all Campaign Ideas to three or four
- Organise a Voting Thread for the Public to vote for their favourite out of the ones presented
- Monitor and keep an updated tally of a certain team in the campaign
- Sum up the campaign when it's over
- Provide a short amount of feedback to the rest of the Committee afterwards listing how you thought the campaign went - what aspects worked and which aspects could be improved on for the next campaign.

I will need nine (9) committee members in order to assist me fully - and each member's responsibilities may be bigger or smaller than another members, depending on their role in the campaign. For example, I'll only appoint one Monitor/Moderator to keep a tally of the campaign points per faction - which is a large amount of demanded work compared to the other roles required. All members will be involved in the Discussing ideas and the Feedback sections of the campaign.

What you need to become a committee member:

- Good Availability. You need to be able to access the forum at least four days a week in order to tally the scores. Tallying may only take 5 minutes, but if scores are not updated as constantly as possible, players like to remind you! ;)

- Good work ethic. As the points-tallier for both IG and Orks in the last campaign, I understand that it's not the most energetic or adrenaline-rushing job to tally up scores for a few months. We need committee members that are happy to knuckle down and get the gruelling jobs done. With a decent sized committee - we can see that no member has to do too many campaigns as a Score Tallier ;)

- Be able to listen. I know, it might sound trivial, but we want people who are willing to share their ideas, and also equally willing to accept another person's idea over your own. There are no bonus points for who's campaign idea gets chosen - it's not a competition. Everyone's campaign idea will eventually get chosen anyway accross the course of time.

- Maintain a good reputation. I know it's silly stuff, and such stuff hasn't happened in quite some time now - but if some people in charge of running a campaign, or part of a campaign committee were flaming other members or taking other actions that would cause a smite on their record - it wouldn't make the campaign committee look very good. So if you join, act responsibly, and keep a cool head :)

So I'm after nine volunteers for the campaign committee. Please again do not join if you don't have the time to spare. Being in a campaign committee will provide NO BONUSES to any campaign participation, and we will let the non-members know as to what campaigns are in the works anyway - so if you don't want to do the work you won't be missing out on any goss or info by not signing up.

Please post here with any questions or to pledge your allegience volunteer to become part of the Campaign Committee

Lord Zambia

Currently Signed Up:
- Jaghati Khan
- Rej
- MT
- Fire at Will who may or may not be a fish
- Warmaster Russ
- Brother Perturabo
- Waaaaghpower
- TMTCJ
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Railgun Convention

I'd be happy to help organise stuff. I'm stuck with little to do for at least a month and a half, and my availability should be good during that time.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Rej

You know I'm down for this, I know I'm down for this, Everyone knows I'm down for this, sign me up Hombre!
Phew...

Masked Thespian

Sign me up for this.  I know I'm already a Global Moderator and on the Competition Committee, but I do feel I can contribute to this project.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Thanks for the quick response guys - only around 6 more to go. :D
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD

Will's on Fire

If there's still spaces I guess I can throw my hat in the ring.

Don't know about maintaining a good reputation... It might be a bit late for that, too many people know me already. :shifty:

:P

- Will

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I should be good to sign up for this. Hopefully getting my internet problem sorted out soon. If it's easier I could always go on a standby list or something until I'm definite about it. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

I MAY be able to do this. I have no idea what my time schedule is going to be like come the fall with college starting, but hopefully I will still have some downtime and I would definitely like to contribute. I certainly won't be playing any games for the first few months, but I would still like to contribute to the campaigns.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Warmaster Russ on July 30, 2012, 11:40:07 PM
I should be good to sign up for this. Hopefully getting my internet problem sorted out soon. If it's easier I could always go on a standby list or something until I'm definite about it. :P

Well we only need 1 person to tally scores for each side in the campaign, so it could be possible for you to have the first few off while your internet is wonky.

Quote from: Brother Perturabo on July 31, 2012, 12:33:50 AM
I MAY be able to do this. I have no idea what my time schedule is going to be like come the fall with college starting, but hopefully I will still have some downtime and I would definitely like to contribute. I certainly won't be playing any games for the first few months, but I would still like to contribute to the campaigns.

Don't worry, playing games isn't a requisite of being a Points Tallyer ;)

What we'll do is work out before each campaign who has free time to be assigned a Tally Duty, and who doesn't, then go from there. Hopefully everyone's availability is good at some stage of some campagins so everyone gets a go at the burden of Tally Duty! :P

Waaaghpower

I'm not sure if this is still active, but if it is...
I'm game.  (That is, I will gladly enlist to serve in your comraderie of folks helping with this.
That is, in Orky tongue...
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Man They Call Jayne

I can certainly help out. Unemployment gives me some extra time to be availiable.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Although the thread is 6 months old, I've added you two to the list of volunteers :P

I wanna wait till christmas is over, then I'll organise a new campaign sometime in january :)

Fr05ty

I'm back from the dead and have enough spare time to help. I will not participate in the campaign but I'd be joyous to contribute with anything if you'd have me.

Mabbz

I thought I was already a committee member, but my name isn't on the list on in the first post, and I can't find any of the threads I commented on ???.