News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Overwatch questions

Started by BigToof, August 01, 2012, 04:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
Couple of quick Overwatch questions:

1.  Can I overwatch in an open-topped vehicle if I went flat out in the previous turn?
i.e.  I move 18" in a Battlewagon with a big batch of Burnas.  If something unwisely assaults it, do I get to burn or not to burn?

2.  If I manage to hide all but one model behind a decently large vehicle (like a Raider) and then declare charge, can I still charge if the one model that can actually see the target squad is shot?
i.e.  I disembark a bunch of Wyches behind a big rock.  Said rock is positioned so a group of Terminators can only see one Wych.  Overwatch kills said one Wych despite doing a bunch of wounds as it's the only model the Terms can see.  Can the rest of the Wyches just step over the charred remains of their comrade and still make the assault, or do they fail automatically if their "spotter" dies?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on August 01, 2012, 04:48:18 PM
Hi All,
Couple of quick Overwatch questions:

1.  Can I overwatch in an open-topped vehicle if I went flat out in the previous turn?
i.e.  I move 18" in a Battlewagon with a big batch of Burnas.  If something unwisely assaults it, do I get to burn or not to burn?

2.  If I manage to hide all but one model behind a decently large vehicle (like a Raider) and then declare charge, can I still charge if the one model that can actually see the target squad is shot?
i.e.  I disembark a bunch of Wyches behind a big rock.  Said rock is positioned so a group of Terminators can only see one Wych.  Overwatch kills said one Wych despite doing a bunch of wounds as it's the only model the Terms can see.  Can the rest of the Wyches just step over the charred remains of their comrade and still make the assault, or do they fail automatically if their "spotter" dies?

Best,
-BT

1. Yes. Page 80.

As for the flat out thing, the flat out thing only works if you moved your vehicle in your turn and want to shoot the guns of the passengers in your turn.

2. Reecius from Frontline Gaming covered it right here;

From Reecius

As overwatch is executed right after an assault is declared, but before you roll to see how far your charging unit goes, you can use terrain, vehicles, etc. to limit LoS to your charging unit. This reduces the amount of firing enemy units that can see and which of your models can actually be hit. For example, if you have a single model in LoS of an enemy unit and you declare a charge (let