News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Best Allies for Tau

Started by Carrelio, August 05, 2012, 08:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Necrons. A Lord in Barge for Linebreaker, a couple of Night Scythes for air superiority and to drop Necron Warriors onto hard to reach objectives and a big unit of Wraiths for anti assault.

I think this would be pretty nice now;
3x10 FireWarriors
3 Broadsides, 2 Drones
3 Broadsides, 2 Drones
Shas El, 2 Drones etc
Shas El, 2 Drones etc
6 Wraiths
5 Nec Warriors in Night Scythe
5 Nec Warriors in Night Scythe
Lord in Barge with Scythe and M.Scarabs,
Annihilation Barge [because its cheap and I had points left, could always swap for an Ionhead but this is way better at anti air]

Shas Els join the Braodsides maybe give him twin linked missilepods. They can act as anti armour and anti air thanks to twin linked.Scythes make the Warriors very effective scoring units [you will want to go second with them for late game grabs and to beat other flyers] and the Scythes themselves act as anti infantry and air, as does the Barge. The Lord chips in with anti armour duties.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

3lfd3wd

Quote from: Matt1785 on August 07, 2012, 02:57:54 PM
I run mine with SM allies, although I use the Tau as the allies at the moment... which may change soon...

Eldar are cool, guiding units is always a plus, especially if you want to cheese it up with Eldrad and guide all sorts of units... but then again, Markerlights can get you almost the same affect.  I must say that Eldar and Tau are similar in the fact that their vehicles are nice but overpriced and their troops are squishy when they get out.

IG is cool because of the firepower options and body count.  50 more guardsman on the table with some special weapons mixed in can sure do a lot of good.  Plus as was stated, helps a lot with the anti-air angle of things, which is a must until someone comes up with something to kill those darned things save for another flyer.

I like Space Marines because it gives a tougher troop unit to hold down objectives, and although I haven't quite perfected the way the list works together, I am getting better.  Was close to a victory in my last game.. but as of now I haven't won a single of 6 games... but I'm having fun with it.  Just have to keep experimenting with the list.  I will admit that the Space Marine Codex is proving its age to me every time I face Blood Angels or Space Wolves.

Guide works on 'Eldar units', so no go for Tau : (

Will's on Fire

Quote from: 3lfd3wd on September 05, 2012, 12:24:02 AM
Guide works on 'Eldar units', so no go for Tau : (

You swap out guide for the one from the rulebook, prescience. Then you definitely can. :P It does the same thing as far as I can tell but has a better range.

- Will