News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

2000 points Imperial Guard vs. Chaos Daemons!!

Started by Chicop76, August 11, 2012, 05:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Chaos Daemons  vs. Imperial Guard

I played this game on vassal and hopefully will add the pictures one day. This is my 3rd 6th game and my first full battle report. I rather had waited for a game like this, so you can kind of see what my army can do instead of being a completely one sided match. My first two matches vs. nids and khorne csm really lacked any shooting to properly deal with my army. The nid game was an interesting one, while the Khorne game could had been seen as a blood bath Khorne himself could had been proud of if it didn

BigToof

Chicop,
You are clearly winning the award for most improved Batrep.
Your 6th ed reps are really great, and I want to see those pics! :)
Keep them coming, as Daemons are looking like a powerhouse...  In the right hands of course.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Karma'd!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Chicop76

Quote from: BigToof on August 11, 2012, 11:15:40 PM
Chicop,
You are clearly winning the award for most improved Batrep.
Your 6th ed reps are really great, and I want to see those pics! :)
Keep them coming, as Daemons are looking like a powerhouse...  In the right hands of course.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Karma'd!

Thanks! Hopefully I get to format the pics before I head out of town, or if I have time I can do it there. I just fought Necrons and he forfeit in the end of the second turn. The ability to deep strike after I come in really worked well with his mono's. It allowed stuff in reserve to come out of the portals in at the end of turn 2.

My flamers wreaked his two squads of swarms and killed his 3 spyders, while I took out 3 squads of Immortals due to shooting and screamer turbo boosting. Nem was the only reason why I couldn't wipe him out in turn one due to him being so tuff to kill.

I used my grinder which did very well taking out an immortal squad and a Monolith. I'm still trying to figure out and shape my list a bit more. I realize I do need bolt of Tzeentch back on my horrors. Also I'm debating on running with 2 screamer squads. So far i am surprized how well I'm doing. The extra flaming and over watch I have to admit is making a huge differance. Even with bad dropping when i went against IG the army still did well.

I will hopefully come back and add pics. i may do one more vassal report and start buying some more models for rl. Once I finish my Daemon army I want to swap to a differant army a bit.