News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

FAQ updates

Started by Will's on Fire, September 07, 2012, 04:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

GW have brought out the next version of the FAQ's.

What do you think?

So far skimming through the rulebook one has been interesting. :)

"Q: Does a weapon that hits automatically, still hit automatically when
making a snap shot? (p13)
A: Yes"

Nice to see that cleared up. Best way to kill flyers is now auto hitting them. :P

But then in true GW style about 3 questions later.

"Q: How domaelstroms, novas and beams

Vyper

Already found a mistake, they've got Gliding and Swooping mixed up, with regards to which one is the faster, harder to hit mode.  ::)

Irisado

I haven't had time to go through the FAQs for the main rulebook yet, but I'm pleased with the revisions made to the Eldar FAQ, which has put an end to a lot of really silly debates about Vibrocannons, and Howling Banshees.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Matt1785

Not happy about Astorath... I mean why do you give these characters such high initiative just to yank it away with a weapon they HAVE to take and make them Unwieldy?  Congratulations GW, you have just killed him.

Also not happy about the ruling for being blown out of your transport and still not being able to assault in your next turn... what kind of bonkers crap is that?

Biggest thing I'm happy about?  Death of the super multi-wound units (Nobz, Paladins, etc.)

Irisado

Considering how nasty Blood Angels are, I don't see any reason to be quite so upset about the change to Astorath.  I mean, it's not exactly easy to kill him before he can strike after all.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Irisado on September 09, 2012, 02:12:17 PM
Considering how nasty Blood Angels are, I don't see any reason to be quite so upset about the change to Astorath.  I mean, it's not exactly easy to kill him before he can strike after all.

It's not killing him before he attacks, it's more like, the stuff he would've killed before they got to hit back e.g.Powerfists will now strike at the same tome as him and can insta kill him. Or even better, simply challenge him with a powerfist and you stand a reasonable chance of killing him in a single hit. It's happened to me and Dante as well.

- Will

Irisado

If it's that much of a problem, then why not just field a regular character with a more suitable weapon?  I'm sure that such an option exists in the Blood Angel codex.

Matt1785

There are lots of other characters, of course none of them let you field an entire army of Death Company... Astorath does allow that.

Tempest Six Two

At least Tycho survived with his Nintendo Powerglove still beating armour and giving extra D6 against armour ....

Also- I thought that the reasoning for Dante's Axe becoming a 'Power Axe' was that 'Master Crafted' isnt a "unique rule".

On this basis I reckon GW looked at Astorath and went 'oh no, the Executioner's Axe has a unique rule that makes you re-roll saved armor saves (IIRC?)' and just cut and replaced his entire weapon statline so he too would be hobbled with I1 attacks and would therefore be toned down like Dante, Sanguinor and Meph... why bother with the blurb in the book about unique weapon rules when you're going to just rewrite the codex entry entirely?

My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m