News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Eldar Alliance vs. Tau-Crons in "Raiders of the Lost (Ghost) Ark" (1500, 8/30)

Started by BigToof, August 30, 2012, 03:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Toof has too many Battles to rep!  I want next:

IG/Tau
2 (18.2%)
IG/Sisters of Battle
4 (36.4%)
Space Wolves/IG
2 (18.2%)
Dark Eldar/Eldar
2 (18.2%)
Ork/Eldar
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Rej

Quote from: BigToof on September 09, 2012, 03:30:20 AM
I'm actually very tempted to bring back Incubi.  VERY tempted mind you, as they are now AP2.  The thought of slaughtering all those 2+ save bullet-catchers is just so wonderful a concept.

Do it! Incubi are my favourite! I'm so happy about the change haha.
Phew...

crisis_vyper

Ancient Haemonculus with a big Warrior Squad?  Now that's an interesting idea.

Now that the FAQ has hit, that Huskblade is looking quite nice.  And tempting on a big model like an Ancient.  Too bad it's a lot of points...

Well the points are now quite justified as it is now currently one of the few infantry-held close combat weapon in the game that is Ap2, Instant Death and also strike at initiative (the other being the Blissgiver). That in itself is quite reasonable now, especially with the soul-trap and drugs. I will be playing this a little more as my Archon tends to go about bullying other people's characters and ICs. Not to mention that I am now dual-wielding my Archon with a Venom blade as well (Just for those stupid MCs when I am not charged up with souls).

As for the Razorwing vs. VoidRaven...  I dunno, they are actually the same base point cost, and the Raven is better at sniping AR12 vehicles.  I think I'll keep it for a bit longer.  I actually haven't had any real vehicle issues, as they are actually getting more rare, especially Blood Angels oddly enough...

Base cost, but the Razorwing comes with missiles, while the Voidraven does not come with missiles. Of course, I tend to use my flyers as a flying sneaky artillery than flying interceptors most of the time so our views may differ a little thanks to how we see flyers. Playing with that role, I managed to use a single voidraven to do some live-saving awesomeness for my game today and if it were not for the fact that we have to cut our game short the Voidraven could be pissing a lot of IG elements. In one turn, my voidraven essentially neutered a Leman Russ Squadron from putting pressure on me thanks to the Void Mine (One having its battlecannon destroyed and the other being shaken) and killing the Manticore with the Void Lances before it even fired a shot. 

I'm actually very tempted to bring back Incubi.  VERY tempted mind you, as they are now AP2.  The thought of slaughtering all those 2+ save bullet-catchers is just so wonderful a concept.

It works to an extent, but my only issue with it is the lack of grenades and also the lack of invulnerable saves.

Of course.........................with a Farseer casting Forewarning on the unit and a Archon with Phantasm grenades, this would solve both problems at the same time and make them our version of an Assault Terminator. (Incubi with offensive and defensive grenades with 4+ invulnerable saves for the win!!!!)

BigToof

Quote from: Rej on September 09, 2012, 03:59:28 AM

Do it! Incubi are my favourite! I'm so happy about the change haha.

Alright Rej, just for you, I'm bringing back Klaivex Ju'bei and his Incubi of doom!  I only hope it won't be vs all fliers or something like that...
Quote from: crisis_vyper on September 09, 2012, 10:24:38 AM
Ancient Haemonculus with a big Warrior Squad?  Now that's an interesting idea.

Now that the FAQ has hit, that Huskblade is looking quite nice.  And tempting on a big model like an Ancient.  Too bad it's a lot of points...

Well the points are now quite justified as it is now currently one of the few infantry-held close combat weapon in the game that is Ap2, Instant Death and also strike at initiative (the other being the Blissgiver). That in itself is quite reasonable now, especially with the soul-trap and drugs. I will be playing this a little more as my Archon tends to go about bullying other people's characters and ICs. Not to mention that I am now dual-wielding my Archon with a Venom blade as well (Just for those stupid MCs when I am not charged up with souls).

As for the Razorwing vs. VoidRaven...  I dunno, they are actually the same base point cost, and the Raven is better at sniping AR12 vehicles.  I think I'll keep it for a bit longer.  I actually haven't had any real vehicle issues, as they are actually getting more rare, especially Blood Angels oddly enough...

Base cost, but the Razorwing comes with missiles, while the Voidraven does not come with missiles. Of course, I tend to use my flyers as a flying sneaky artillery than flying interceptors most of the time so our views may differ a little thanks to how we see flyers. Playing with that role, I managed to use a single voidraven to do some live-saving awesomeness for my game today and if it were not for the fact that we have to cut our game short the Voidraven could be pissing a lot of IG elements. In one turn, my voidraven essentially neutered a Leman Russ Squadron from putting pressure on me thanks to the Void Mine (One having its battlecannon destroyed and the other being shaken) and killing the Manticore with the Void Lances before it even fired a shot. 

It works to an extent, but my only issue with it is the lack of grenades and also the lack of invulnerable saves.

Of course.........................with a Farseer casting Forewarning on the unit and a Archon with Phantasm grenades, this would solve both problems at the same time and make them our version of an Assault Terminator. (Incubi with offensive and defensive grenades with 4+ invulnerable saves for the win!!!!)

Hi Crisis,
Oh my, 4+ invul Incubi... that would be beyond evil.  I think I have a combo that I want to try out now :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on September 10, 2012, 08:29:52 PM
Hi Crisis,
Oh my, 4+ invu

Yeap....I am a combo fiend. 8)

Cammerz

BigToof

Thank you all for the comments.
I have finally made up a list that I sort of like with the Incubi, although I have yet to have a decent game with them.  Not to say that I haven't had ANY games yet, but the two that I did have didn't get past turn 2.

I'll uh... debrief here (not literally you sickos).

Game 1 vs Cron-Air
He put a lone Overlord on the table.  Incubi and Huskblade Archon fly up.  Turn 2 assault wipes Overlord.  Game won.

Game 2 vs Cron-Air (part deux)
He puts Overlord with two Warrior units out.  Incubi and Wyches fly in.  Warriors with Stormteks pop Raiders, but occupants fall out ok.  Mass assault turn 2.  Game won.

So my opponent says that he's going to try and put together a "real" list this week, and hopefully it'll go past turn 2 so I can report it :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3