News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Eldar Alliance vs. Knight-Crons in "The Return of the Incubi" (1500, 09/30)

Started by BigToof, September 30, 2012, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dear 'Toof, Next, I would like a rep featuring:

Y'stral and Thielbane (DE/E)
0 (0%)
Vasily and Princess Sara (IG/Tau)
3 (30%)
O'Keefe and Esme (IG/Sisters)
1 (10%)
Harry and Lady Jenna (SW/IG)
3 (30%)
Grumgutz and Lorilune (Ork/E)
1 (10%)
Anything with Lady D'ysperax (DE)
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

BigToof

The Eldar Alliance vs. Knight-Crons in "The Return of the Incubi" (1500)

Hi All,
Y'stral and Thielbane are back in another escapade this time vs. the fluff-numbing horror that is Grey Knights-Necrons.

----------
The Lists
----------

The Eldar Alliance (1500pts): 35 Infantry, 6 Vehicles; 14 VPs
The Grisly Hand Kabal
-Archon Y'stral w/Shadow Field, Huskblade, PGL, CD
-Haemonculus Bella Le'Gosi w/LG
-Incubix5 w/Klaivex Ju'bei in Raider w/EA
-Warriorsx10 w/Splinter Cannon in Raider w/Splinter Rack
-Wychesx8, HGs, Hekatrix Allonia w/Venom Blade in Raider w/EA
-Reaversx6 w/Heatlancesx2, Arena Champion Starsparkle w/Venom Blade
-Ravager
-Ravager
-Voidraven Bomber
(Absolutely Not) The Scarlet Serpents
-Farseer Thielbane w/Guide, Mindwar, RofWarding, Jetbike, Spear
-Guardian Jetbikesx3

Knight-Crons 1500pts: 33 Infantry, 1 MC, 2 Vehicles; 9-11 VPs
GK Detachment
-Ordo Malleus Inquisitor w/Terminator Armor, Psycannon, Force Sword, Servoskull
-Ordo Malleus Inquisitor w/Terminator Armor, Psycannon, Force Sword
-Grey Knightsx10 w/Psycannonsx2, Hammer, Psybolt Ammo
-Grey Knightsx10 w/Psycannonsx2, Hammer, Psybolt Ammo
-Dreadknight w/Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator
Crons Detachment
-Overlord w/Scythe, Weave, Scarabs
-Immortalsx5 w/Stormtek in Night Scythe
-Doom Scythe

------------------------------
Chapter Three: Good Intentions
------------------------------

Inquisitor Vargas shook the sweat from his hands.  His Acolyte had brought in the latest series of reports.  There was no doubt about it: The stasis fields were failing. 

The Rogue Trader vessel had heavily damaged their ship, preventing any hope of exiting orbit, and the Necron Tomb world was on the verge of awakening.  If the Necrons were to awaken, the small band of Inquisitors would have little chance of survival.  Their Astropaths had put out a priority call to the Imperium for repairs and resupply, but that had been long ago.  The ship should have arrived days ago, and even though Warp travel was undoubtedly unreliable, the Inquisition would have given out their best to reach them in time.

Vargas paused for a moment at that line of thought.  They would have sent their best, wouldn't they have?  They couldn't be abandoned to their fate, not when things could be righted.  It would be madness, it would be senseless, it would be... par for the Administrum.

The furrows in his brow relaxed a bit as he heard a satisfied chuckle from the Inquisitor across the room.  Inquisitor Gauros was in charge of the mission that had brought them to this forsaken world, and was given official sanctions for the loss to the Space Wolves and their Rogue Trader allies.  No doubt he was enjoying watching his rival squirm.
Vargas shook his head to clear his thoughts.  No matter what Gauros thought, it wouldn't make much difference.  If the ship couldn't make it to them in time, nothing would help anyone at all...
-----------------------------

"You traded all of the stasis generators?  Was that entirely wise?"

Farseer Thielbane of the Biel-Tan walked down the deck of the Dark Eldar warship.  Sauntering next to him with a sadistic grin was Archon Y'stral of the Grisly Hand.

"Thiel, once again you fail to see the potential awesomeness of the situation."

Thielbane sighed.  Y'stral was known for making snap judgements as the whim suited him.  It was pure luck that the Eldar pirates had fallen upon the small Imperial ship that was entirely off the normal Imperial trade routes and was, for some reason, loaded to the brim with rare and valuable artifacts.  Shield Generators, Warp Drive parts, and even Stasis Generators were looted and the Kabal stood to gain a great deal of profit if the goods were carefully bartered.  However, Thielbane admitted to himself, the chances of such careful and controlled dealings were about as foreign as pity and forgiveness to Archon Y'stral.

"Dare I ask what you bartered our most valuable earnings for?"

The Archon smirked, "Sorry to disappoint you Thiel, but it's not for more Wyches or Reavers.  Half-naked wenches were not on my buying list."

Thielbane felt his face flush.  It was not the way of the Seer to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh, and it was just the one time.  But, after the Splintermind orgy, word had spread all over the ship like a horrid virus, and now there was no chance of him maintaining a proper, pristine reputation.

"I'm not..."

"Satisfying a dozen girls at once?  The sole reason why I'm down to just one squad of Wyches this week?  Or perhaps it's just that you don't know what you are."

Thielbane shot the Archon a look, but the Archon simply turned the corner and nodded at something further down the hall.

"That's what I got, Thiel."

Thielbane turned his head to see a quintet of heavily armored Dark Eldar, carrying enormous blades.  They were seated in silence, meditating and barely moving.

The Farseer took a sharp intake of breath.  Incubi.  Even at this distance he could feel their minds.  Nothing but distilled murder wrapped in a coating of malevolence.  What was Y'stral thinking?  They needed ships, guns, supplies, not cold-blooded killers that would follow whoever paid their Temple the most.

He turned to speak when the Archon's Ghost-Holo sparked to life.  Haemonculus Bella Le'Gosi's mostly sideways face appeared.

"Greetings, Great Archon and Farseer.  We have managed to determine the destination of the Imperial vessel."

Thielbane nodded, "Good.  Now, we have to approach this..."

The Archon interrupted, "Yeah, good job Haemo.  Plug in the numbers and let's get going."

Before Thielbane could interject, the Ghost-Holo ended and he could feel the ship turning.

"Y'stral.  What are you thinking?  We don't know where the ship was going or why it was even headed there.  We could..."

"Be walking into a treasure pit loaded with goodies!  Just think of it Thiel, some kind of luxury world hidden off the standard routes, just waiting to be plundered.  ...And there's probably some mostly naked nubiles for you to play with."

Thielbane rolled his eyes even as something deep within him perked up at the last thought.  He shook his head.  Was he even helping Biel-Tan anymore?  The Eldar People?  Or was it just another half-formed excuse?  He shook his head.  He was in too deep for this mission, though.  Just one more time, and he would tell Y'stral it was enough.  Just one more time.

------------------------

Pre-Game Thoughts: Well, my opponent from last time around has shown up again with a slightly tweaked list.  It's still the fluff abomination that is GK/Necron, but this time, I've got a Dreadknight facing me,  About the same with everything else though.  No Dreadnaughts though, which is nice for my boats.  As for my changes, I brought the Incubi back (woot!), and am trying out the Huskblade and slightly bigger units.  Of course, that means less units overall, so it will be interesting to see what if anything they can do.  Oh, and I switched Thielbane to Divination BRB powers in hopes that he'll get something sweet.  If not, switched out to Prescience with some grumbling.
--------------------------

Setup: Dawn of War, Night Fight ON (Hells yeah!)
Mission: 5 objectives
Warlord: Y'stral: Legendary Fighter (!), Inquisitor-Skull: Can Score Objectives
Psychic: Thielbane: Forewarning (WOOt!!), Misfortune (Oh, it's like pulling a kidney, but I really need Prescience...);
Inquisitors: Prescience and Misfortune/Forboding (I... think, not sure as they weren't really used)
CD: Hypex (roll 3 dice for running... yay?)

--------------------------

To be continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Cammerz

Very nice to see Vasily and Thielbane back again, and the Incubi. I'm waiting and wondering about the mysterious tactic which you've come up with for the Incubi to make them extra rock-hard. Will it live up to the hype? Only time will tell.
The fluff is good, as always. Your list looks solid, and your opponent's looks downright cheesy. Why is it that people insist on repeating a small number of units and calling it their army? It'd be much better to see White Dwarf-style armies with a bit of everything all mixed in (like your armies). And of course the Dreadknight the worst of the worst. I hope you flay it alive and then obliterate the remains before it can do a thing.

As for the poll, I would love to see Lady D returning, but as for her opponent, I've put my vote for Grumgutz and Lorilune. When Lorilune and Lady D meet its always hilarious mayhem.

Looking forward to this report.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on October 01, 2012, 01:21:44 AM
Very nice to see Vasily and Thielbane back again, and the Incubi. I'm waiting and wondering about the mysterious tactic which you've come up with for the Incubi to make them extra rock-hard. Will it live up to the hype? Only time will tell.
The fluff is good, as always. Your list looks solid, and your opponent's looks downright cheesy. Why is it that people insist on repeating a small number of units and calling it their army? It'd be much better to see White Dwarf-style armies with a bit of everything all mixed in (like your armies). And of course the Dreadknight the worst of the worst. I hope you flay it alive and then obliterate the remains before it can do a thing.

As for the poll, I would love to see Lady D returning, but as for her opponent, I've put my vote for Grumgutz and Lorilune. When Lorilune and Lady D meet its always hilarious mayhem.

Looking forward to this report.

Hi Cammerz,
Thanks for your reply.  I think that Orks would be great fun, but the poll seems to indicate that there is a need for Lady Jenna first.  I'll try to get in an Ork game as well.  I suspect with the new Chaos codex out there will be a push for games!

Please let me know what you think of this game as well.

Best,
-BT

----------------

Hi All,
Sorry for the massive delay on this one, but hope the wait is worth it.
C&C greatly appreciated!
-BT

----------------

Setup: Well, the terrain fairy gifted us with decent amounts of terrain, this time with two decent ruins near the center, and some scattered bits of rubble in the corners and scattered trees.  Nothing too incredible.  As for the objectives, we were both pretty satisfied with our mobility (I was at least), and put an objective in each of the corners, and I put the last objective right in the middle of everything.  The GK win the roll to choose to go first, think for a bit and then hand it to DE.  A mistake or a crafty plan?  We shall see.

DE put down pretty much everything in the center.  I put Thiel and the Reavers front and center, with the Incubi/Archon Raider behind them and the Ravagers to their sides.  Flanking were the Warrior Raider (left) and the Haemonculus/Wych Raider (right).  Guardians stayed in reserve as of course did the Void Raven.

GK take some time to think, but then put a non-combat squadded 10-man strong block of GK's in each corner with an Inquisitor in front of each of them (Warlord Inquisitor to the right, away from the Warriors).  The Dreadknight also came out to play, right in the front of his DZ in cover.  I was a bit surprised, but then looked at my setup.  In hindsight, if the GKs steals the initiative, that Heavy Incinerator is killing half of my army or so.

Thankfully the GK's don't steal.

And the game is on!

Picture Caption: First things first, that Dreadknight has GOT to go.
-------------------------

Turn 1: DE
---------------
"See Thiel!  See!"  cackled Archon Y'stral from atop his Raider.  "This little out of the way world is loaded with stasis generators!  And you said that we wouldn't find a thing."

Farseer Thielbane frowned, peering down at the small group of Space Marines.

"I didn't say that Y'stral.  Don't you think it odd at all that a single Imperial ship, with significant damage, was orbiting this world?  That there's only a small group of Marines on the surface?"

Y'stral shrugged, "Doesn't matter, they'll die easy enough.  Minions!  Get them!"
----------------

Thiel pops prescience on his Reavers.

I move Thiel and the Reavers up with the Ravagers behind them.  Warriors Raider to the left and I boost the Incubi Raider to the left as well. 

I shoot a massive amount of Dark Lance fire into the Dreadknight, knocking it down to a single wound.  The Heatlances and Splinter Riles from the Reavers finish him off for a Pain Token. 

Then, in a surprising turn of events, the Warrior Raider fires it's single Dark Lance, hits the Inquisitor in front who fails his LoS, and is downed!  Splinter Fire does a surprising amount of wounds (I'm starting to like Splinter Racks) and a few more Grey Knights bite the dust.  The Reavers use their assault move to fall back out of 30" of the GKs on the right.

Picture Caption: Bye bye Dreadknight.

Turn 1: GK
---------------
Vargas winced as he watched Gauros fall, a strange blast of Xenos energy taking apart the rubble he was hiding behind. 

What were Dark Eldar doing here?  Were they unaware of what lies beneath them?  Or was there something more savagely cunning in their methodology...
---------------

The GKs on the left back up.  The GKs on the right measure around, but find that nothing is within 30", so they stay put. 

The left GK's fire out, hitting the Archon's Raider with more than a few glances and a pen, but thanks to Night Fight, the Raider gets away with a single glance! (ooo...)

Picture Caption: Night Fight.  One of the great equalizers.

Turn 2: DE
---------------
"Push down their Khaine-damned throats!" bellowed Archon Y'stral.  He cackled as more shiny Mon'Keigh fell.  He turned to speak to his Incubi who were standing at the ready,
"Alright, you.  Don't screw up and make me look like an idiot."

The Archon howled at the top of his lungs and ran towards the Grey Knights.  He leaped at one, who tried to point his sword in the Archon's general direction.  He might as well as been moving in mud.  Y'stral's huskblade went through the Knight's armor like paper and he crumpled into a lump of ash.  Y'stral nodded in satisfaction, and then turned when he heard a scream.

"VISCERA RENDING STRIKE!"

Klaivex Ju'bei twirled his Klaive into a reverse position, diving underneath his target's hastily made defense and tearing through the abdomen of the Grey Knight and then through the chest of the one behind him.  He stood, waiting for the gurgles of death as they both fell, bones and organs torn asunder.  Whipping the blood from his blade, he ignored the snort from the Archon.  Death had come and was momentarily sated.  More would soon be on the way.
-----------------

I get the Jetbikes.  Yeah... that's not so great.

I move the Jetbikes on and zip them to the far left corner.  I push the Ravagers up as well into the central Ruin.

The Incubi Raider moves up and I unload the Incubi and the Archon.  Both Warriors and Wych Raider move up for shots.  The Warriors get a good number of wounds AGAIN and knock out a Psycannon from the far side. (!)  I officially like them now.  The Wych Raider realizes that a Death Scythe is coming in, so boosts to the far side of the board.
Thiel and company likewise go to the left corner and shuffle around, fearing incoming Doom Ray shenanigans.

In assault, the Archon and Incubi assault.  Overwatch ends up in nobody dying.  The Archon swings and... doesn't do too much, but it matters little as the Incubi chop them all up into glittery bits.

Picture Caption: Incbui, the Marine remover.

Turn 2: GK
--------------
Overlord Ras'vyn was starting to get irritated.  He had been forced back into stasis again by the living and was now once again returned to normal.  Luckily, the living were still here, fighting amongst themselves as usual.  It would be simple to take them all apart.  He then paused as a new set of scans came to his attention.

Eldar.  These were not present before.  They represented a potential complication.  Best for them to be removed first and then the slower living to be destroyed.  Logic dictated the best means to the end.
--------------

Both Scythes come in.

The Doom Scythe lines up both of my Ravagers (note to self: don't keep the Ravagers within 12" of each other...).
The Night Scythe lines up the Archon's Raider.
And the GKs on the right corner are still really far away from the action, and thus decide to stay where they are.

The Doom Scythe fires first, hitting both Ravagers.  One goes up in a massive explosion, the other is thankfully just immobilized.

The Archon's Raider is somehow more resilient than I would have thought (or maybe it was that I was really lucky with Jink saves) and loses it's Dark Lance.

Picture Caption: Doom Scythes bring the pain!

Turn 3: DE
---------------
"Y'stral!" yelled Thielbane, gesturing up and the incoming pair of Necron vessels.

The Archon whipped his head up and swore as the two silent green ships shredded a few of his ships.

"Necrons again?!  What are they doing?  Following us?"

The Archon shook his fist at the ships as they passed by.
"Minions!  Shoot them!  Shoot..."

Farseer Thielbane stood up on his bike, "Y'stral, they're too fast!  Get to their minimal firing arcs!"

"What?!"

Thielbane sighed, "Get UNDER them, Y'stral!  They can't shoot us if we're under their ships!"
---------------

Scythes on the table?!

Evade!  Evade!

The Voidraven thankfully shows up at this time and moves up to challenge the Doom Scythe.
I push the Reavers 48" up behind the Scythes.
The Archon and his Incubi get back on board their very damaged Raider and move behind the Night Scythe's arc of movement (i.e. it means that I have to move as close as possible).
Warriors and Wych Raiders also move behind the Scythes.

With Shooting, the Void Raven fires and immobilizes the Night Scythe (that's... it?).  The immobilized Ravager takes some more shots, but all are LoS'd and also the GKs go to ground, making all of their cover saves!

Picture Caption: When the brave stay and fight, Dark Eldar run like hell!

Turn 3: GK
--------------
The GK's who are now really isolated on the far right side don't do very much.
The Night Scythe turns and annihilates the last Ravager.
The Doom Scythe bobbles a bit forward, his rudder and sails (metaphorically) stuck.

Picture Caption: Boldly going forward, 'cause we can't find reverse!

Turn 4: DE
--------------
With the Scythes now out of the way, it's time to take care of GK business.

I activate my now, not-yet-used Enhanced Aethersails and boost forwards, pushing the Incubi and Wych Raiders right into the face of the GKs.  (I think I got a concerned eyebrow raise from my opponent at this point, but that may be rosy-eyed thinking.)
The Void Raven also moves forward as does the Warrior Raider.
The Reavers get ready for bladevaning.

I bladevane with the Reavers first, doing a bit of damage as we both fight through the FAQ's new random-damage allocation nonsense.

Then I unload mass lance and poison into the GKs, who continue to stay on the ground, weathering the fire, but really getting knocked down about half-strength.

Picture Caption: Old Dark Eldar Saying: If weakness is shown, go for the throat!

Turn 4: GK
--------------
The Necrons realize that their GK friends are going to eat it soon, so move out to the right and beam down into cover.  The Doom Scythe goes off the table.

The GKs are still on their bellies, so have to fire snap shots, not doing much.
The Night Scythe explodes the Wych Raider, and I wince as I take about half the squad off the table.  They hold though.

The Necrons shave off the last hull point from the Incubi Raider, they also get out, but are entirely unharmed.

Picture Caption: Well... I guess we're walking home.

Turn 5: DE
--------------
"Query: Is Friend Allonia deceased?"

Hekatrix Allonia coughed, looking up at Haemonculus Bella Le'Gosi who was hovering over her, none the worse for wear despite the enormous explosion that tore their Raider open.  She also saw the small horde of skin-peeling blades that were inches from her face.

"No, Bella, no!  I'm still alive and I need my face!"

Bella nodded, gliding away and sheating her weapons.  She turned her head and nodded.

"That is good.  It appears that the Archon is orchestrating an assault."

Allonia stood up and peered down at an agitated Archon Y'stral, standing with his Incubi, who were waiting patiently.  He whipped an imperious finger in Bella's direction.

"Haemo!  You have something alive!  Throw it into the grinder first so I don't get shot!"

Bella Le'Gosi smiled and nodded, gliding patiently forward as the entrenched Mon'Keigh began to fire at her.  Allonia felt sweat start to break out over her brow.  Part of her was tempted to ignore the Archon's orders, but doing so would mean that she would either be stuck alone an alien world full of death with no hope of rejuvenation by the Haemonculi OR hoping against hope that she wouldn't be shot to pieces.  A few moans brought her attention to a few more Wyches were getting up as well.  Well, she thought, at least I won't be shot up first...
--------------

I cast Forewarning on the Incubi.  (4++s FTW)

Voidraven goes off the board, but leaves a present, dropping the Void Mine on the head of the Necrons, downing a Warrior, but not much else, as they go to ground and get decent Reanimation rolls.

The Reavers move over to get ready to harry the Necrons.  The Incubi move over in between the two squads.  The Warriors zoom over to take an objective, in case this all goes to pot.  The Wyches move up as well.

Bella pops her Liquifier gun, and that, combined with a well aimed plasma grenade and pistols down a few GKs.  The Reavers also take down a few with their shots.

Then... we assault!

I declare the Wyches in first, and Bella thankfully absorbs the lone wound on her FNP.  The Reavers lose a Reaver as they assault into the Necrons.  And then the Incubi go both ways and assault BOTH squads.

I decide not to declare a challenge, but my opponent declares one with his Justicar.  The Archon accepts and cuts him to pieces.  The Wyches finish off the rest of the GKs.  The Reavers do a decent number of HoW hits, and that, coupled with the general mediocre Necron assault capabilities, leaves everyone except the Inquisitor and the Necron Overlord on the floor.  The Lord wiffs his attacks and the Inquisitor can't do very much.

The Overlord fails his morale check.  Then the Inquisitor fails his roll as well!  They both try to get away on their stubby robotic/Mon-Keigh legs, but they don't even make it to the Archon's base initiative.

Picture Caption: Must... get... epic... assault...  Even if it jeopardizes the entire game!

And with that, the GKs call it.  I've got all 3 bonus points, two objectives, and all the boots on the Necron side are toes up.

Result: Dark Eldar/Eldar Victory!

--------------------
Post-Game Thoughts: This game all came down to something called positional dominance. 
Basically, I isolated the GKs on the right, which made them utterly useless for the battle, as they were too scared to get out because of the mass lance fire in my army.  In fact, having the objective there was actually fortitous, as he had no reason to leave, as he would otherwise be jeopardizing his Warlord and one of his troops.  But staying there was perhaps worse, as he couldn't threaten anything on the board.  Doubtless, he would have been better at least taking some board control away from the Dark Eldar, otherwise, they would do exactly what I managed to do in this game, which is RUN AWAY.

Basically, Dark Eldar mobility was key.  I still can't get over the whole speed advantage that the Dark Ones have.  Having only a few Scythes means that overlapping fields of fire is rather difficult, and having any safe zones on the board gives the DE army a place to hide.

Also, there was a bit of a psychological advantage that I felt as soon as I alpha struck and smoked the Dreadknight and his Inquisitor on turn 1.  Granted, the Inquisitor was just a bad roll, but it put him on his back foot and made him play far more defensive than usual.

In terms of individual units, the Incubi did awesomely well.  Perhaps too well, as they were in the open all the time as they were chewing through anything on the table.  If there was anything AP3 on the table they would be in trouble.  Overkill is definitely an issue I have to work on. 

Everyone else was again solid, and I'm really liking the gunboat Warriors and the Reavers, as they really solve all these little issues in terms of range manipulation and give my opponent more targets than he can handily deal with.

For the meta, thankfully the new Chaos book sold like hotcakes and hopefully I should start seeing spikey marines soon and less of the Necron airforces.  Although knowing my luck I'll probably be seeing both...

---------------

Inquisitor Vargas parried another massive swing from the Xenos blades in front of him.  There were too many, too fast.  His Grey Knights had already fallen and even the Necrons could do little to slow the Dark Eldar.  He stood his ground for another moment and then a familiar, but almost foreign thought entered his mind.  Perhaps he should fall back.  Just for a moment fall back...

He turned for a moment in hesitation, making the last move he would ever make.
---------------

Archon Y'stral snorted, watching the Incubi from afar.

"Kill-stealing bastards.  I tell ya Thiel, you pay top soul-chits and someone goes and gives you the troublemakers.  I tell ya."

"Y'stral," muttered Thielbane, who was upside down, hanging from a number of wires.  "I'm working on rigging together an Exterminatus-level device from Mon'Keigh technology that was apparently held together with scented oils and prayer.  I really can't talk about other things right now."

Y'stral shrugged.  "You've got at least another half-hour or so until the next wave of those skull-heads arrive.  Plenty of time.  I don't even know why you're so intent on blowing up this stupid planet.  Doesn't give you anything."

"Y'stral.  Leaving a planet full of nihilistic, ancient monstrosities within potential striking distance of a maiden world..."

"'Striking distance' being a relative term Thiel.  I think you Craftworlders count that as being anyplace in the galaxy."

Thielbane continued, "As I was saying.  It would be against our duty as Eldar to let such a menace go by, especially when it is at this fledgeling moment that they could potentially be wrought asunder."

"'d be funny though."

"Less would be if this foul-smelling machine explodes in my face."

Y'stral laughed, "It's good to have you back Thiel.  You're a laugh a minute."

Thielbane thought for a moment and said nothing.  Was it good to be with Y'sral again?  Was he really back?  Should he...

And that was when the machine in front of him hissed noisily. 

Best to leave such thoughts for a later moment.  After all, the Eldar lived for millennia.  What was one more engagement?
BigToof Points:

Lord Sotek

I find myself wondering if your Knight-Crons opponent won't just get the hint and try playing something fun rather than insisting on trotting out the latest meta-monolist and getting trounced.

As ever, the Eldar Bromance and the annihilation of yet another outing by the Irritating Fluff-Mangling Cookie Cutter made this a fun and engaging battle report. You were really just everywhere at once this battle!
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Cammerz

Another good report BT, Thielbane really makes the fluff here, having someone with the ability to counter Y'Stral's personality whilst struggling with his own personality.

I also enjoy seeing these cheesy armies get torn to pieces by your overall fairly balanced armies, and I echo your desire to see something that isn't flying, metallic and glowing an eerie green.
Looking at the chaos 'dex, I reckon any mass-spamming will be with fiends in heavy support (probably mainly forgefiends, but maybe maulerfiends as well). Of course the Heldrake will probably make numerous appearances, so you might want to mentally prepare yourself for them, and come up with some suitable tactics.

But don't forget, we'd all love to see Lady D make a reappearance sometime soon.

Job's a good un!

Rej

Nice Report! Very well written as usual!

I've started taking splinter racks on my Raiders too, those boats can do a boat load of damage when they get within 12".

As for the next report? As long as there are no Necrons I'll be pleased!
Phew...

BigToof

Thank you all for the very nice comments!

Quote from: Torchbearer on October 08, 2012, 06:16:55 PM
I find myself wondering if your Knight-Crons opponent won't just get the hint and try playing something fun rather than insisting on trotting out the latest meta-monolist and getting trounced.

As ever, the Eldar Bromance and the annihilation of yet another outing by the Irritating Fluff-Mangling Cookie Cutter made this a fun and engaging battle report. You were really just everywhere at once this battle!

Hi Lord Sotek... Torchbearer...
In any case!  Thank you for the comment.
Any little victory against GK-Crons instills to me some hope that it will die away in the future.
And glad you liked the fluff?  (I think).
The mobility of the DE really helped in this match honestly.  It would have been tougher (or maybe easier?) if he had castled closer together, but I think he was getting frustrated as we had played matches earlier where I tabled him on turn 2 before his fliers went out.
I didn't make those into reps as... you know... they're too short.

Quote from: Cammerz on October 08, 2012, 11:31:59 PM
Another good report BT, Thielbane really makes the fluff here, having someone with the ability to counter Y'Stral's personality whilst struggling with his own personality.

I also enjoy seeing these cheesy armies get torn to pieces by your overall fairly balanced armies, and I echo your desire to see something that isn't flying, metallic and glowing an eerie green.
Looking at the chaos 'dex, I reckon any mass-spamming will be with fiends in heavy support (probably mainly forgefiends, but maybe maulerfiends as well). Of course the Heldrake will probably make numerous appearances, so you might want to mentally prepare yourself for them, and come up with some suitable tactics.

But don't forget, we'd all love to see Lady D make a reappearance sometime soon.

Job's a good un!

Hi Cammeraz,
Thanks for the reply!  I'm glad you liked the fluff.  I think Necrons thankfully may be dying down as everyone over here has a chaos army that was just sitting around waiting for a new Codex.
And while it is not the cheez-filled thing that is GK, it's pretty strong in my mind (kind of like DE!) and should finally breathe some life until someone makes a mono-build that everyone mindlessly follows (hopefuly not, but still...)
As for Lady D...  I'm working on it...  (See below!)

Quote from: Rej on October 09, 2012, 05:35:29 AM
Nice Report! Very well written as usual!

I've started taking splinter racks on my Raiders too, those boats can do a boat load of damage when they get within 12".

As for the next report? As long as there are no Necrons I'll be pleased!

Hi Rej,
Thanks for the compliment.  Splinter Racks did really well, although I'm still wondering if I should add night shields as I'm constantly just hovering at 24" for shots.
The only reason I don't is that I've forgotten I've had them nearly EVERY  game that I put them on Raiders.  Ravagers I can remember as I'm usually trying to keep them alive, but Raiders?  ...  Less so.
As for the next rep...

Ok, this is to all:

I have potential matches in the VERY near future.

I can get a match vs the Lady D opponent as he's a regular.

HOWEVER, there's a major, major chance that I'll be seeing new chaos lists also.

The poll indicates that the big push is for Vasily, which I can do.

Also, possibilities include Jenna (which would be a hoot to play), and also maybe the Orks?

So, if anyone has any particular inclinations, please let me know, otherwise I'll try and get a Vasily game in first, and then see whatever pans out.

I must warn you all, Lady D vs. Vasily will be UGLY though, as I think he's still running DE/Daemons and well... that's never good.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Quote from: BigToof on October 09, 2012, 08:05:27 PM
I must warn you all, Lady D vs. Vasily will be UGLY though, as I think he's still running DE/Daemons and well... that's never good.

I'm voting for the fluff more than the battle, Vasily and Lady D really need to meet as soon as possible. We don't care if you lose BT, it'd just add another, previously unexplored angle to the fluff. What happens to Vasily if he loses? How will he get out of it? ect.

crisis_vyper

Well, congrats on the win. It appears that the Forewarning thing I told you about worked very well for you.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on October 09, 2012, 08:29:18 PM
Quote from: BigToof on October 09, 2012, 08:05:27 PM

I'm voting for the fluff more than the battle, Vasily and Lady D really need to meet as soon as possible. We don't care if you lose BT, it'd just add another, previously unexplored angle to the fluff. What happens to Vasily if he loses? How will he get out of it? ect.

Hi Cammerz,
Well... it looks like nobody's said, "Don't do it 'Toof!" so I guess I will try that Lady D vs. Vasily game and... hopefully things will pan out not too horribly.

Quote from: crisis_vyper on October 10, 2012, 06:14:12 AM
Well, congrats on the win. It appears that the Forewarning thing I told you about worked very well for you.

Hi Crisis,
Thanks for the reply.  Forewarning didn't help as much as I thought it would.
I was actually a bit hard pressed to use it, as it only works in the beginning of the movement phase, so I have to have the Incubi on foot.  It worked out in the end when I didn't have any more Raiders, but besides that I was a bit hard-pressed.
I WAS actually thinking about throwing it on my Void Raven, so I could have a 4++ vehicle, but it didn't come up...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on October 10, 2012, 09:12:42 PM
I was actually a bit hard pressed to use it, as it only works in the beginning of the movement phase, so I have to have the Incubi on foot.  It worked out in the end when I didn't have any more Raiders, but besides that I was a bit hard-pressed.
I WAS actually thinking about throwing it on my Void Raven, so I could have a 4++ vehicle, but it didn't come up...

Fair enough. My own Incubi did quite well in my own army, slaughtering almost anything they come in contact with to the point that I have to multi-charge to prevent them from overkilling things.

My Dark Eldar is undergoing a major evolution now, and I can discard some things in return for other things which is quite an interesting proposition for me. Webway is the next thing I want to experiment with, especially the 20-strong Kabalite blob of hilarity.

BigToof

Quote from: crisis_vyper on October 11, 2012, 07:21:41 AM
Quote from: BigToof on October 10, 2012, 09:12:42 PM

Ooo!  Big Warrior blobs are something that I have always wanted to try.  I keep trying to make them fit, but they never seem to be resilient enough in my mind's eye to make the cut.
If you could throw us any hints of what you're doing that'd be great!
Inquiring minds want to know!

Best,
-BT

Fair enough. My own Incubi did quite well in my own army, slaughtering almost anything they come in contact with to the point that I have to multi-charge to prevent them from overkilling things.

My Dark Eldar is undergoing a major evolution now, and I can discard some things in return for other things which is quite an interesting proposition for me. Webway is the next thing I want to experiment with, especially the 20-strong Kabalite blob of hilarity.
BigToof Points: