News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

2k newly fallen chaos warband

Started by Raving Bonkers, October 12, 2012, 03:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raving Bonkers

Hey guys, had to get the new codex just as it looked nice. Then it got me thinking to maybe taking some of my current models that are still on sprue/unpainted/half painted and giving them a touch of chaos. Space Wolves, Vanilla Marines, Dark Angels and Imperial Guard. Then I could use them as part of a local campaign without buying a whole new army but be able to add and build them up to be more chaos like when I have the money for it.

So background to my force, company commander who has been led astray by one of his closest friends and brothers, a techmarine, who fell to the chaos pull while collecting trinkets and weapons of chaos from the battlefield. In turn he used his position to influence the chaos powers into the armor and vehicles of the company. That is the idea in a nutshell.

My idea is that my commander is still not completely aware to what is happening to himself and his company. In dire times when it looks like the battle would be lost or that he would lose his own life, creatures of the shadow would appear and help turn the tide, then disappearing before the commander could truly see what had saved him. Also where ever he went rabbles of the populace or guardsmen would gather to fight on the battlefield with him, whether he liked it or not. I will let the campaign decide the fate of their history, be it vicious raids and glorious murdering of cities, or disaster and failures of a war band wannabe lord.

Any who, this is my list. Trying to keep with units where I can use my current Imperial with slight customization.

Any tips and advice would be welcome.

Chaos Lord

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Not a bad list. Makes a change from the Sonic Blaster spam I've seen flying around. :P

First thing I would say is that those Spawns are insanely vulnerable, and will almost certainly cost you First Blood, and quite possible the game. I'd recommend dropping them in favour of Champions on your Berserker units and giving them Meltabombs if they can take them. They'll help you in challenges, and will help against AV14 too, because at the minute you don't have much that can touch things like Land Raiders and Lemans.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Raving Bonkers

Yeah it was late and I didn't think to look at the Champions, I normally try not to put points into units to reduce their target priority. However I see your point. Losing the Spawns I could take:

Each Berzerker Champion melta bombs and a combi-melta
Plus give the Chaos Lord melta bombs also.

This would leave me with 14 points left over.

I could put a shotgun in the other cultist group so leaving 12 points.

Give the Lord a Gift of Mutation.

If that sounds good it leaves me at 1998 which I can settle for.