News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

2000 Point Slaanesh List

Started by Arguleon-veq, October 10, 2012, 07:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

I should be playing against Mkoll/Warmaster Russ on Thurs at 2000 Points, I was going to use my Daemon/Cultist list but that list is pretty beardy and I have hardly any of it yet and it would be pretty hard to proxy so I thought Id try and make a Slaanesh list with the models I have [will be using Guard as Cultists for now]. Trying to keep it fairly competative without being overpowered.

Chaos Lord: Mark of Slaanesh, Pair of Lightning Claws, 5+ Ward, Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs.
Chaos Sorcerer: Lvl3, Mark of Slaanesh.

9 Noise Marines: 5 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Asp Champ - Melta Bombs + Lightning Claw, Doom Siren.
9 Noise Marines: 5 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Asp Champ - Melta Bombs + Lightning Claw, Doom Siren.

30 Cultists: Autoguns, 3 Heavy Stubbers.

Defense Line: Quadgun

Helldrake: Baleflamer
Helldrake: Autocannon

Vindicator: Possession, Combi Bolter
Vindicator: Possession, Combi Bolter

Dreadnought: Autocannon, Scourge.

I really dont like the rules for Salvo Weapons which I think despite ignoring cover, makes the new Sonic Weapons worse and I still dont like Chaos Dreads but mine is the focal point of my armies fluff so he has to be in there.

It will be facing a Baron/Hellion heavy DE force. What do you think?
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Lord Sotek

You may not like Salvo now, but just wait until the first time you get to Overwatch with your noise marines. Or... well, shoot anything at all with them really. Just ask Wargamer.

The loss of ability to move and fire out to full range seems bigger than it is, considering this is exactly how rapid fire used to work in all the previous editions I've been a 40k player for. Especially with the sheer number of extra shots you find yourself getting in exchange.

Pile on the fact that blasters ignore the frustratingly omnipresent cover saves protecting units they'd mulch otherwise, and you basically can't go wrong. I recently had the unique experience of watching a massed Salvo-weapon overwatch shred the entire front rank-and-a-third of my enormous Hormagaunt blob, preventing them from completing their charge due to to losing a solid inch or two of model bases.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my