News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Fhanados' Word Bearers Log

Started by Fhanados, October 23, 2012, 05:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fhanados

I'm making awesome progress but only a few photos to show. I've finished another 3 Terminators, 2 boltgunners, sorcerer and Chaos Lord with axe and combi melta to the point they're ready for quickshading. Also got another melta/axe Terminator and Terminator Lord with lightning claws about 90% done.

Shots of my almost-finished sorcerer are below. This was my first attempt ever at any kind of freehand. I'm pretty happy with the robe and shoulder but the sword didn't turn out well at all. Really pleased with the helm markings though. Leaving his "hat" boltgun metal looked a bit plain. Overall he turned out really well. I have another guy exactly the same but with burning brand instead of a bolt pistol, so this one was a test more than anything. Hopefully the MkII will be more impressive!

WIP Sorcerer

WIP Chaos Lord
WIP Marines
WIP Terminators

EDIT: Added WIP shots of Marines, Lord and Termies

Fhanados

Hi all! Long time since my last update. My Quickshade went hard so they're lacking the finishing touches, but they're pretty much done.

Terminator Champion

Possessed Marines

Nurgle and Tzeentch Obliterators

Cultists

Narric

Fhanados

Thanks! I had a lot of fun painting something a bit different, it's kinda disappointing I have so many more "standard" models to go. Still, I'm making good progress and this army is slowly nearing completion (or as close to completion as an army ever gets!).

Fhanados

Holy crap, it's more progress! Seriously, I've done more painting this year than I did in the 6 months before new year. Crazy! I'm hoping I can get ALL my chaos done before the baby is due and my warhammer room becomes baby room (did I mention my wife is pregnant? I'm sure I posted it somewhere...). Anyway here's my progress on the DV chosen. No idea what the hell I'll field them as, but the boltgunners will probably replace my power axe champions in my CSM units as bare-bones ACs, and the rest... well... they look cool right?

Boltgunners

You can see my failed attempt at a transfer stuck on the paper here. If anyone knows how to get these damn things to lie flat without folding and creasing and generally looking like shit please tell me your secrets!

Power Fist

I tried filing down some cool mutant claws to add to this guy to make a lightning claw but it didn't work out. Still, he makes a fine addition to the team of power fist toting ACs I already have.

Lightning Claws

Chris

They're looking very good!
From one painter to another, can I suggest you try thinning your paints a little and maybe try using a bit more ink washes... They will add depth and greater colour separation.

Keep going, ultimately the best advice I can give is to keep going. Practice doesn't always make perfect, but it goes a long way to getting there!

Fhanados

Thanks for the feedback! I'm having trouble finding a good paint:water ratio for the Boltgun Metal and Dwarf Bronze(yes my paints are that old). By the end of this I should have mastered it though, either that or run out and buy the new improved versions.

Most of these guys are awaiting their final washes to finish them off, so essentially they're still just basecoated and highlighted.

I'm working on my Abaddon counts-as and a handful of other infantry characters and then I'll lash out and buy some more shades and finish them off.

I've also ruined most of my good brushes which doesn't help.