News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Eldar Alliance vs. Nurgle Horde in "The SNP Dead" (1500, 11/2)

Started by BigToof, November 02, 2012, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

The Eldar Alliance vs. Nurgle Horde in "The SNP Dead" (1500)

Hi All,
Apologies I couldn't get this one in for Halloween, but hopefully it won't be too out of season.

Like... Nurgle.

Actually, on second thought, three day old Halloween rotting bits might be about right when thinking of this rep.

It features the once-again "Bro-mantic" awesome might of the Dark Eldar and Craftworld Eldar against... Nurgle Zombies.

A LOT of Nurgle zombies.

It was a fun, thematic list to fight against and was a good battle overall.
Yes... there's fluff :)

Enjoy,
-BT

P.S.  C&C, as always, is greatly appreciated

----------
The Lists
----------

The Eldar Alliance (1500pts): 35 Infantry, 6 Vehicles; 14 VPs
The Grisly Hand Kabal
-Archon Y'stral w/Shadow Field, Huskblade, PGL, CD
-Haemonculus Bella Le'Gosi w/LG
-Incubix5 w/Klaivex Ju'bei in Raider w/EA
-Warriorsx10 w/Splinter Cannon in Raider w/Splinter Rack
-Wychesx8, HGs, Hekatrix Allonia w/Venom Blade in Raider w/EA
-Reaversx6 w/Heatlancesx2, Arena Champion Starsparkle w/Venom Blade
-Ravager
-Ravager
-Voidraven Bomber
(Absolutely Not) The Scarlet Serpents
-Farseer Thielbane w/Guide, Mind War, RofWarding, Jetbike, Spear
-Guardian Jetbikesx3

Nurgle Zombie Horde (1500pts): 100 Infantry, 2 Vehicles; 10 KPs
Typhus
Terminatorsx6 w/MoN, Combi-Meltasx3, Combi-Plasmax3, asst. PWs
Plague Marinesx7 w/Plasmagunsx2
Zombie Cultistsx28
Zombie Cultistsx28
Zombie Cultistsx28
Helldrake
Helldrake
Obliterator w/MoN
Obliterator w/MoN

--------------------------
Chapter Four: Dead by Dusk
--------------------------

Farseer Thielbane of the Biel-tan Craftworld paced on the bridge of the Dark Eldar warship.  Things were not adding up well, although Archon Y'stral of the Grisly Hand was of an entirely different opinion.  The Archon was seated on his throne, smirking to himself and watching with some satisfaction at the other Eldar's nervousness.

"Thiel, seriously, you're going to run a hole in my ship.  There's nothing to worry about."

The Farseer turned to Y'stral, a frown crossing over his face, "I don't like it, Y'stral.  This is far too strange.  A world completely devoid of defenses, signs of battle criss-crossing the surface and..."

The Archon interrupted, "And lots of sweet, sweet loot, Thiel.  Just waiting to be plucked up.  Sure there's some kind of fighting or whatnot, but it's all cold and empty down there.  Not a thing moving."

Thielbane's frown deepened, "That's the problem, Y'stral.  NOTHING is moving down there.  No signs of life.  The atmosphere of the planet is intact, and yet..."

"And yet, we're sitting around like a bunch of old Lhaemians debating about which poison feels better going down.  Seriously, Thiel, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!  Some Mon-Keigh nimrods just had one of their spats that ended up killing everyone.  They left their goodies still on planetside and we'd be idiots not to go and sweep it all up."

Thielbane tapped his lip, a bit hesitant to say more, "Y'stral... That's not all.  My ability to divine the future...  For some reason, I'm not accurately able to read the forthcoming events, almost as if something is blocking me out..."

Y'stral shrugged, "Right, Thiel.  Didn't you say yourself that all that kind of nonsense was unreliable?  C'mon quick in and out, just like old times.  What's the worst that could happen?"
-------------------------
Far below on the planet that was once Kirkman III, a warbled transmission broadcast again, a bleak voice crying out to the darkness,

"This is the last man on Kirkman III.  All attempts to stop them have failed.  I've been...  I've been bitten myself.  I can...  I can feel the changes already.  Whoever you are, whatever you've seen, it's not like this.  Dear Emperor, not like this at all.  Stay away, by the Throne, just...  stay away.  There are no living here only the de..."
---------------------------

Pre-Game Thoughts: That is a LOT of FNP T3 bodies.  A LOT.  Oh, and two Dragons (I loathe you, yes, I do Dragons) to burninate me horribly with their S6-no-you-don't-get-FNP baleflames.  AND there's a pretty scary looking Terminator squad with Typhus.

Still, I do have mobility on my side, and hopefully if things work out, I can just dance around and whittle things down until turn 5-6 when I can start grabbing objectives.  The dragons will be a pain, but since I don't have to actually engage things, I should be alright.  I mean, what are the chances that I'll have to worry about VPs?

----------------------------
Setup: Dawn of War (again?  This is getting repetitive), Night Fight ON (hmmm...)
Mission: Cleanse, AKA VPs (Oh... feth.)
Terrain: Trees, Ruins, the usual.
Warlord: Y'stral: Opponent -1 to reserves; Typhus: Fear
Psychic: Thielbane: Prescience, Misfortune; Typhus: Plague Wind, Gift of Contagion
Dark Eldar CD's: Splintermind, AKA Pain Token (Ooo!)
----------------------------
To Be Continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Arguleon-veq

Sounds like it should be a fun game, I think it actually helps it being kill points. In missions you would have to get rid of a few of his hordes now with kill points you can afford to stay off him with you mobility and his lack of ranged threat and then focus on one horde at a time once those oblits are dead.

Just wondering why the eldar in the list. Just a nice way to get some psychic defense or are there specific powers your hoping to usually get?
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Cammerz

Sounds like a fun battle, except perhaps those dragons, they might be annoying. Hopefully your Voidraven will shoot them out of the sky before they can do too much.

And really, this battle could only ever be night fight. I also can't see zombie hordes even trying for objectives. From a fluff perspective, you rolled perfectly for this game.

And of course that line; "What's the worst that could happen?". Its like Jeremy Clarkson saying "How hard could it be?" and makes you laugh every time. But hey, at least he didn't take those T6 Nurgle bikers (although actually, with all of your poison it'd probably be better that way).

Looking forward to this BT.

Scyrex Deledras

Zombies and dragons! With a tagline like that, you'd think this was a game of Fantasy.  :derp:

Looking forward to the report, as always, BigToof.

BigToof

Hi All,
Apologies this one is getting slow (and purposeful-less) as my free time has once again "taken an arrow to the knee" so to speak.  Hope to get it up sooner than later, or at least bits of it.

Thank you all for the replies!

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on November 02, 2012, 03:17:20 PM
Sounds like it should be a fun game, I think it actually helps it being kill points. In missions you would have to get rid of a few of his hordes now with kill points you can afford to stay off him with you mobility and his lack of ranged threat and then focus on one horde at a time once those oblits are dead.

Just wondering why the eldar in the list. Just a nice way to get some psychic defense or are there specific powers your hoping to usually get?

Huh, ignore the zombies.  That's... actually a really good idea.  I almost followed it.  It probably would have ended for the better too...

The Eldar in my list are due to my complete and unrelenting fear of Grey Knights shenanigans and my intolerable accuracy when shooting at anything.  Twin-linked heatlances almost make my Reavers reliable.  And they make the Incubi pretty deadly as well.  Plus, it also helps out the Void Raven too!  As for the other powers, I'm still trying them out, but Primaris Divination is where it's at for now.  The Eldar Jetbikes are just for hiding and running onto objectives... which didn't happen this game...

Quote from: Cammerz on November 02, 2012, 03:41:14 PM
Sounds like a fun battle, except perhaps those dragons, they might be annoying. Hopefully your Voidraven will shoot them out of the sky before they can do too much.

And really, this battle could only ever be night fight. I also can't see zombie hordes even trying for objectives. From a fluff perspective, you rolled perfectly for this game.

And of course that line; "What's the worst that could happen?". Its like Jeremy Clarkson saying "How hard could it be?" and makes you laugh every time. But hey, at least he didn't take those T6 Nurgle bikers (although actually, with all of your poison it'd probably be better that way).

Looking forward to this BT.

Hi Cammerz!
Thanks for your reply, I'm glad the fluff appeals to you, I didn't think of it that way, but I was more hoping that the Night Fight would happen on the last turns when I could just run away!
As for the game, it was a lot of fun and very "thematic" if a bit nasty.  Typhus is kind of a beast, and those zombies are scary reliable.
Hope you'll like the rep!

Quote from: Scyrex Deledras on November 05, 2012, 04:06:03 PM
Zombies and dragons! With a tagline like that, you'd think this was a game of Fantasy.  :derp:

Looking forward to the report, as always, BigToof.

A Scyrex reply!  That's a double-good one then!
As for the Dragons and zombies, I must say that the Chaos dex does feel a lot like Fantasy.  It lets you take big blocks of footsloggers with calvary/bikes to back you up.
Thank goodness I don't have to worry about silly things like magic (oh... wait...) or mysterious forests (oh... wait...) or random charge length (yes) or you know shoddy rules about occupying buildings (oh... yeah...)
So...  It's an interesting edition I must say, 6th is.  It has a few things that rub me the wrong way, and some of it is the closeness that it has to 8th Fantasy.  Still, enjoying it so far as they let me do alliances that are fun and not game breaking.
Although they did give me Helldrakes!  (shake fist)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

BigToof

Hi All,
Here's the rest of the rep.
It's short and hopefully sweet, with some fluff :)

Hope you all enjoy it!

Best,
-BT

P.S.  C&C is always greatly appreciated!  Especially as to what you'd like to see next!

---------------------

Setup:
Well... once again 6th Edition continues to astonish me.

Sometimes you roll up too little terrain and then others...  Well, you get this game.

Far too much terrain than what we had, especially since oth of us wanted the big pieces near the center.

I did get a nice bastion (non-inhabitable, but totally LoS blocking!) in the center, but my opponent also got a few good ruins.  Totally out of decent sized material, we ended up using trees.  My opponent asked if we could forgo the "mysterious forests," given that most of the results would not do kind things to his already slow horde.  I agreed, wanting to speed things up and knowing that I would never, ever remember to roll for them.

The Nurgle Horde won the roll to deploy first, and then put down three big spread out zombie hordes along their deployment zone.

He tried to find a good place for the Death Guard, but decided just to leave them off the table for now.

So that's Typhus with his Terminators, the Plague Marines, the Obliterators and oh yes the TWO HELLDRAKES in reserve.

I didn't like the idea of the drakes zooming around and toasting everything, but I hate it when deepstriking Termies go house on my Ravagers.

So I decided to just put out all three Raiders to the left side with the Warrior Raider to the furthest side.  Everyone else in reserve.  The chances of the Drakes destroying ALL of that in one turn, although possible, is far less likely than the mayhem they could do with a crowded board.  Or... so I thought.

Picture Caption: Lotsa cover, and zombie hordes a comin'!

Oh, I fail to steal initative, btw.  (Sigh... Number 5 million and 1 attempts to steal failed...)
------------------------------

Turn 1: Nurgle
----------------
"Thiel, would you shut up about the smell?" Archon Y'stral screamed at Farseer Thielbane, the latter of which was looking around nervously at the shadows.

"It's not just the smell, Y'stral, it's... it's all wrong.  Where are the other animals?  Why is it so quiet?  And then there's..."

"Yes, yes, I get it, it's oh so SPOOKY.  Fine, Thiel, I'll leave with just most of my loot.  Now, let's get on board and..."

That was when a moan echoed up from the ruins around them.

Thielbane jerked his head up at Y'stral.

"That was not funny, Y'stral."

The Archon raised an eyebrow, "Funny?  I thought that was you."

The moan grew louder and then more and more vaguely human sounds started to echo in the darkness around them.  Bodies long thought dead stirred, as creatures a mere mockery of life jerked to their feet.  Slack jaws and sunken eyes stared at the Eldar as a mob of undead began shambling towards them.

Thielbane shot a look at Y'stral, who just sighed.

"Fine, Thiel, yes.  You told me so.  Now can we get to shooting them or something?"
-------------------

Zombies shuffle forward.  Not... too far though.

Turn 1: Dark Eldar
-------------------
I let the Warrior Raider sit where he is as he has some tree cover and if the boat is hit by Helldrakes... it won't matter.  The Archon and Wych Raider boost out to the right side, spreading out just in case.

The Warriors do some decent shooting and down about four or so Zombies.

Picture Caption: 'Cause it's THRILLER!, Thriller night... (ahem, sorry)

Turn 2: Nurgle
-----------------
Deep within the darkened city, a small clutch of undead huddled around a well-worn alter.  As if following instructions long-since forgotten by mortal men, the creatures moved forwards, circling the rune-inscribed wreckage and then let off a low keen that grew in strength and pitch.

As if returning the gesture, the altar began to reverberate, green cracks forming on the surface and a fleshy, pus-filled tendril throbbed to the surface.

Chaos.  Chaos was coming.
------------------
Well, good news and bad news.

Good news.  Only two units come in.  Bad news.  Yes, you guessed it.  BOTH Helldrakes.

Thankfully, (by complete idiotic luck) apparently my Raiders are all out of Swooping range.  So the Helldrakes just move up to flame my poor Warrior Raider to death.  They drop two templates on the Raider.  I wince, but only one glance comes out of it all!

Oh, yes, Zombies scootch up more.

Picture Caption: Apparently, flame retardant hulls are all the rage in Commaraugh.

Turn 2: Dark Eldar
--------------------
"What.  Is.  That?"

Haemonculus Bella Le'Gosi turned her head to the side and responded to Archon Y'stral,
"Winged creature.  Apparently modified with warp-infused machinary.  Fascinating."

The Archon snorted, "Fascinating.  Yeah, like a rash.  Now shoot it down!"
---------------------
Well, at least both of my problems are here now.

I roll for reserves and can't help but smile as my Void Raven and both Ravagers show up.

They move up and blow one of the Dragons out of the sky.

The Raiders all run for cover, trying to stay out of the Dragon's way.

Picture Caption: Dark Eldar Proverb: When in doubt, kill first and ask questions later.

Turn 3: Nurgle
-----------------
Well, surprisingly enough, NOTHING shows up for Nurgle's side.  Nothing.  Oh wait, one
Obliterator showed up, but that's it.  Oh, and Plague Marines that go into trees for the whole game.

So, the Helldrake is forced to make due with itself.

It flies over the Void Raven, shaking it, but not doing much else.

It breathes on both of the Ravagers, and I wince a bit, but thankfully no big numbers show up on the penetration rolls.

The Obliterator deep strikes and fires at a Raider, but I make the cover save.

Zombies shuffle up more.

Picture Caption: Shuffle, do the Zombie Shuffle!

Turn 3: Dark Eldar
-----------------
Archon Y'stral snorted at the flying creature.  It was big, ugly, but not doing very much.  Better go for the throat then.

He barked into his ghostholo, "Thiel!  These idiots are obviously just pathetic.  Get down there and start sweeping away the goons on the other side of the battlefield."

Thielbane's face appeared on the holo and the Farseer frowned before replying, "Y'stral.  That is a sizable number of animated creatures.  We don't know how dangerous they are.  It would be better to..."

"Did I mention that there's a big flying Ur-Ghul something that loves to burn up little Jetbikes?  Now go on and start slapping around those fools.  Trust me, Thiel, it'll be easy..."
------------------
I get Thielbane with the Reavers and the Eldar Jetbikes.  Huh, this is a pickle.

I don't want them anywhere near the Dragon.  But everything else is covered in zombie.
Zombie.  As in T3 zombie.  Huh, you know, I bet we can probably bladevane them over and take the fight out of them.

So I zoom the bikes over the Zombies and kill... not too many of them as my opponent's FNP dice just catch fire.  Realizing that I have two VPs hanging out to dry including my psychic protection, I decide to throw out the Eldar Jetbikes into the corner.  It's not much, but hopefully enough in case things go bad.

My Ravagers move around, fire at the Dragon and again do not too much.  The Raiders fly back and away, not wanting anything to do with the Dragon, falling back and shooting the Obliterator to pieces.

Picture Caption: Huh... So Reavers aren't the answer to everything after all...

Turn 4: Nurgle
---------------
So... pretty much everyone shows up.  Typhus and his Terminators deep strike, but thankfully fall out of 12" from the Ravagers.  The last Obliterator gets a little too brave and deep strikes on a Raider.  He goes back into reserve.

The Dragon flies off the board, immobilizing the Archon's Raider as he goes.

The Terminators take some plasmagun pot-shots at the Ravager, but the boat's walls hold.

Zombies... shuffle up more and then assault Thielbane AND the Eldar Jetbikes.  Oh, that's... bad.  The Eldar fight back, skewering a good number of the Zombies, but there's plenty more where they came from!

Picture Caption: Zombies!  Zombies in the face!

Turn 4: Dark Eldar
-----------------
Hekatrix Allonia swallowed.  The Reavers and Farseer Thielbane were under assault by a horde of foul looking creatures.  Not that she didn't want to show her prowess and get into the fight, but the alien things were horrible looking.  Even by Mon'Keigh standards. 
Hopefully, she'd just keep her head down and...

And that was when there was a screech and the strange flying thing tore by her Raider.  Her pilot managed to dodge in time, but the Archon's Raider was not.  The engines of the other Raider fell to pieces as the swooping monstrosity winged by and then out of sight.

The Archon howled curses at it and then turned, throwing an imperious finger in her direction.

"Haemo!  Get you and your useless Wyches to help Thiel out!  If he dies, it's going to be a nightmare to resurrect him!"

Bella bowed and before Allonia could say anything, the Raider zoomed forwards towards the battle that she SO didn't want to be part of.  She shook her head.  Why was the universe always out to get her?
-----------------
Thiel's in massive trouble.  Those zombies are far tougher than they look.  I boost Allonia's Raider out to help.

Oh, and the Void Raven came back.  Oh.  Look.  Terminators.

The Void Raven and the Ravagers combine their lances to shred about half or so of the Terminators, making them much less of a threat.  The Warrior Raider tries to help out, but it's not too much they can do.

In assault, Thiel and company are finally getting past the halfway point of the zombie horde.  Maybe things don't look that bleak after all!

Picture Caption: Huh, maybe the zombies aren't that bad after all...

Turn 5: Nurgle
-----------------
And the Helldrake comes back.  He flies over the Raider and whips off two hull points.  It then fires and burns out the last one.  The Obliterator that fell off the board last turn shows up and fires a plasma shot at the Wyches, downing two, but that's about all as there's a bit of scatter.

Typhus moves to the Zombies next door as the Terminators are nearing critical mass.
The Terminators fire at the Warrior Raider, hoping for lucky glances, but nothing shows up.

Oh, and then the SECOND Zombie horde hits Thiel's fight.  Yeah... He's gonna need some help.

Picture Caption: Zombies BAD!  Zombies BAD!

Turn 5: DE
--------------
I fire all available lances at the Dragon who laughs them off.  I think I maybe fire a few shots at the zombies for laughs.

The Wyches run into Thiel's fight, and erase the first zombie horde.

Then, they are also stuck into the mass fight, but thankfully it's a bit better now in case it goes another turn or two.

But... it doesn't.

Game ends!

VPs:
Nurgle: 1
DE: 6

Result: Dark Eldar Victory!

---------------
Post-Game Thoughts: Yeah, this was a pretty underwhelming game for both of us.  The Nurgle reserves just trickled in and the Dragon was kind of lackluster against my meched-up forces.  Granted there were glances everywhere, but not much happened.  The Zombies though...  Note to self, never, EVER throw anything into the Zombies.  Bad things happen. 
I was losing Reavers and the tipping point was getting REALLY close until the Wyches hit. 
But I think it was a bad matchup overall.

The Dark Eldar had far too much maneuverability and shooting for the Nurgle horde to deal with.  Perhaps a rematch in the future.  Although with less Dragons?  Maybe?
---------------

Farseer Thielbane scowled, hewing down another one of the undead things.  He glanced over at the normally chipper Starsparkle, who slid her blade through another of the things. 
Even though the Reavers were doing a number on the monsters, they just weren't staying down.  He glanced around and noticed that his own numbers were thinning.  A howl brought his attention behind him and he whirled as one of the things clamped a hand on his handlebar.  Theilbane thrashed, trying to pull the thing off, but it only skittered across the floor, stubbornly hanging on.  Just as things sempt their bleakest, a high-pitched cry went out over the moan of the creatures.  Hekatrix Allonia leapt over the monsters, shearing two of them to pieces with a quick pirouette of her blade.  She landed next to Thielbane and gave a sly wink at the Farseer.

As she had practiced in her mind over and over again, Allonia was about to give a well prepared one-liner when one of the monsters grabbed one of the trailing locks of her hair.  It pulled and she let out a sharp yelp.  Thielbane rushed forward, skewering the creature, but it only fell as a dead weight, dragging them all closer together.

The Farseer swallowed.  Things looked grim indeed.  He looked around, then paused thoughtful at the panting, desperate Hekatrix.

Oh, well, he thought, might as well go out with a bang.

Sweeping Allonia into his arms, he kissed her, tilting her head back to avoid another swipe from one of the creatures.  She threw an arm around him, clocking a creature upside the head, while undoing the top of her Wychsuit.  Granted it was dangerous, horrible, and probably unsanitary, but if death was certain, you had to admire the Farseer's style.

Just as things began to become more serious on both ends, the creatures began to tremble, and then dropped, unmoving, to the ground.

Thielbane stopped nibbling Allonia's ear and looked around.  Would wonders never cease?

"The Warp energy sustaining the creatures appears to have waned."

Thielbane jerked back up to his bike, dropping Allonia to the ground.  The Hekatrix landed with a yelp, and frowned to look up at the floating Bella Le'Gosi, who was looking at both of them with her characteristically scientific demeanor.

Allonia grabbed the front of her outfit into something that she hoped approached normal decorum and coughed, "Thank you, Bella.  I think we're done here."

Bella Le'Gosi nodded and floated over to one of the fallen creatures.  Interesting.  Warp energy could reanimate tissue.  Just the proper type and amount was needed.  Fascinating indeed.  Would the wonders of the universe never cease?
BigToof Points:

Tom

Excellent report as always BigToof. I think you're right about the lack of chaos manouvreability making the matchup a little less interesting than it might have been. Terminators and marines didn't really do anything... Perhaps regular Imperial guard vs zombies would have worked better - massed lasgun fire into the steadily oncoming horde rather than you being able to hold them in close combat and then slice them to bits with the wyches. That's purely from a thematic perspective of course... I don't think anyone actually wants to be eaten.

Cammerz

A shame it was so short really, but as you've both said above, you were just too fast for them. Perhaps if you challenged him with Lady Jenna instead then it'd be a bit more matched and hopefully a longer fight would mean better fluff (and by better, I also mean more).

But for what we've been given, I'd say its still alright. One thing you might want to work on is the general storyline with Y'Stral and Thielbane because at the moment it just seems to be; Go in to loot some unnamed and entirely random artifacts, get attacked, the two main characters share a withering look, they fight the enemy, Theilbane gets lucky (or almost, in this case). Maybe you want to think about how the characters and plot will progress in future.

As for the battle itself, I'm wondering if the Dragons would have done better if they'd had the Hades Autocannons instead of the Baleflamers, then they would have butchered your speed and had a chance to catch up with you. But well done for bringing them down anyway, flyers can be a pain if you don't have any dedicated anti-air. Its a shame his Death Guard units didn't really get to do anything in this battle, I think Typhus would probably be a monster in combat.

Anyway, given the length of the fight and the enemies you were facing, the fluff was still alright.
I'm going to put my vote towards Lady Jenna for the next one because I know you'll have no trouble writing fantastic fluff for that.

Job's a good un!

BigToof

Hi All,
Thanks for the kind comments, sorry things were so short, it was kind of... well... short in more ways than one.

Quote from: Tom on November 08, 2012, 12:39:55 AM
Excellent report as always BigToof. I think you're right about the lack of chaos manouvreability making the matchup a little less interesting than it might have been. Terminators and marines didn't really do anything... Perhaps regular Imperial guard vs zombies would have worked better - massed lasgun fire into the steadily oncoming horde rather than you being able to hold them in close combat and then slice them to bits with the wyches. That's purely from a thematic perspective of course... I don't think anyone actually wants to be eaten.

Thanks for the reply Tom!
I suppose that if I wanted things to be tougher, I could have thrown more things into combat, but I sort of felt bad as it was.  My opponent had rotten luck with his reserve rolls and his deep strikers didn't do all that much when they had the opportunity.  The zombies were just too slow to deal with me.
I think he was making a list more tailored with board control vs fliers or maybe big blocks to hold objectives.
As it was a VP mission, all I had to do was just zap things when they showed up and then run away.
Which, as I think you're an Eldar player as well, you know that the Space Elves are quite good at doing :)
Any preference for the next rep?

Quote from: Cammerz on November 08, 2012, 09:17:25 AM
A shame it was so short really, but as you've both said above, you were just too fast for them. Perhaps if you challenged him with Lady Jenna instead then it'd be a bit more matched and hopefully a longer fight would mean better fluff (and by better, I also mean more).

But for what we've been given, I'd say its still alright. One thing you might want to work on is the general storyline with Y'Stral and Thielbane because at the moment it just seems to be; Go in to loot some unnamed and entirely random artifacts, get attacked, the two main characters share a withering look, they fight the enemy, Theilbane gets lucky (or almost, in this case). Maybe you want to think about how the characters and plot will progress in future.

As for the battle itself, I'm wondering if the Dragons would have done better if they'd had the Hades Autocannons instead of the Baleflamers, then they would have butchered your speed and had a chance to catch up with you. But well done for bringing them down anyway, flyers can be a pain if you don't have any dedicated anti-air. Its a shame his Death Guard units didn't really get to do anything in this battle, I think Typhus would probably be a monster in combat.

Anyway, given the length of the fight and the enemies you were facing, the fluff was still alright.
I'm going to put my vote towards Lady Jenna for the next one because I know you'll have no trouble writing fantastic fluff for that.

Job's a good un!

Hi Cammerz!
Ach, you've caught onto the secret Thielbane/Y'stral formula!
Haha, in fact, I didn't notice it was starting to get a bit repetiative and I'm personally not sure where to lead them.  If I could get some more thematic opponents perhaps it might spark the imagination, but right now, they're not evolving per se.
If you have ideas, as always, I'm all ears.
As for Lady Jenna, I'll see what I can work up.

To All:
Right now, on deck, I have the following potentials:

1.  2nd Auric vs. Slaaneshi Bikers

2.  1st Auric (NEW) vs. GK/IG

3.  Dark Footdar (mostly) vs. Necron Barges

If anyone has any preference, let me know!  Otherwise, it'll be out of the hat as usual!  :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Quote from: BigToof on November 08, 2012, 02:40:31 PM
To All:
Right now, on deck, I have the following potentials:

1.  2nd Auric vs. Slaaneshi Bikers

2.  1st Auric (NEW) vs. GK/IG

3.  Dark Footdar (mostly) vs. Necron Barges

If anyone has any preference, let me know!  Otherwise, it'll be out of the hat as usual!  :)

Well, new 1st Auric is intriguing and I'd love to know where you're taking them, but for a change of pace I'm going to say that my vote goes to 2nd Auric vs Slaaneshi bikers. Partially because its been a while since we've seen Commissar O'Keefe, but mainly because I'd like to see Slaaneshi bikers. Of all the opposing armies, that one sounds coolest.

Tom

Quote from: BigToof on November 08, 2012, 02:40:31 PM
As it was a VP mission, all I had to do was just zap things when they showed up and then run away.
Which, as I think you're an Eldar player as well, you know that the Space Elves are quite good at doing :)
Any preference for the next rep?
Yeah I generally play Eldar but don't really play that often and when I do most games are against Rej and his Dark Eldar. As we can't both zap and run away from each other we tend to both commit to a more interesting blood bath, or at least that's what happened last time.

I think I like the sound of Slaaneshi bikers too. New 1st Auric does sound tempting but I don't feel so tempted by their opponents. Similarly with Dark Eldar on foot I like the idea of that army but not so much the Necron Barges. I really like the new Chaos codex and I've not been bored by it's sudden popularity at all... not yet.

Rej

My vote goes towards Slanneshi Bikers too! It sounds interesting! The Gk and necron opponents don't really entice me all that much...

The report was good, but as noted short, not much you can do about that though. And I'd love to see Ystral/Theilbane to start to have a continuous, going somewhere, leading to something, quest/horror story story arc of some kind. At the moment these feel like the filler episodes between DBZ sagas. Hopefully opponents start sorting them selves out in the wake of the new Chaos and some great things can start happening.

I'd also be keen to see the New 1st Auric, but I'm more excited about Slaaneshi Bikers, GK just dont cut it for me.
Phew...

BigToof

Oh dear...

Slaaneshi bikers and O'Keefe it is then.

Throne have mercy on us all!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points: