News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

2nd Auric Battalion vs. CSM in "Duumrider Returns!" (1500, 11/14)

Started by BigToof, November 14, 2012, 10:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

More Tau goodness! It's a must :) Awesome report, I dont think I have ever seen so much devestation.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

BigToof

Thank you all for the very fine comments!

Quote from: Cammerz on November 19, 2012, 05:20:53 PM
Quote from: BigToof on November 19, 2012, 05:08:47 PM

As for what's coming up next...

A) Dark Footdar
It's a weird sort of combination, but I've got a mostly Dark Footdar list that is doing uh...
It's a struggle in some ways, but WOW do they have firepower.
I played a recent game against what I can only describe as a Nurgle "Rush" list, which was fun but not nail-bitingly close per se...

B) 1st Auric
I'm going to try and get in my new list which has, if you can believe it, the potential for even more boots on the field.  Still just one tank though.  And yes, fluff :)

C) Lady Jenna
I've got a Lady Jenna rep in which she does battle with the forces of... Tau.
Yes, I was surprised too.  Oh, and Chaos.
Cha-Tau?  Tau-Os?
In any case, it was something to see.

In any case, let me know!

For me its a close contest between option B and option C. And at the moment its a little too close to call, who would the Auric 1st be fighting? As a Tau player myself it would be interesting to see how they do against Lady Jenna, and I'm presuming the chaos allies are there so they can have a Heldrake?

In the event of a vote tie, I don't think any of us will really mind. We just want to see new battle reports.

Hi Cammerz,
So... one vote for the Tau it looks like.
More info on the 1st Auric below :)

Quote from: Rej on November 19, 2012, 11:42:18 PM
It's not that Duumrider was over done, I was just really digging all the stuff for Mal, he's got great background and flavour, I guess its maybe because he's so fleshed out? And he has a plot! The Chorus! It'd just be really cool to see where that goes.

As for the next rep, oh boy. I like the sound of all 3! At the moment I'm leaning towards Lady Jenna though cause I haven't seen a report against Tau in at least a long time. Who will the Auric first be against?

Thanks Rej,
I'm glad to see that Duumrider wasn't a total flop, but that Mal was just epic.
I can live with that :)
And Tau is garnering more interest as well!

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on November 20, 2012, 03:10:14 PM
More Tau goodness! It's a must :) Awesome report, I dont think I have ever seen so much devestation.

Hi Jayne,
Yes, there was much, much destruction.  The Seraphim were just burninating everything and those Noise Marines...
If there was a way to get Endurance reliably, I think everyone would take them.  With their buffs, you're basically making each of them a heavy bolter in terms of fire power.
THAT is a lot of dakka.

---------------

Now, I have two games in with my new 1st Auric.
And it's... really different.
First of all, I have totally done away with tanks.
All foot.
Some old faces, new faces too.

And my first game was kind of dull versus a GK/IG mix.
Mostly Mech with GK shenanigans as usual.

I recently had a much better match (that I'd rather report than the GK/IG one) that I have nicknamed "Huron Blackheart's Ninja Berzerkers."

Basically 30-odd infiltrating (yes you read that right) Berzerkers.  With Choppy Lord on Juggernaut with Spawn as backup.

It was really a fun game, but uh...  a very, very high body count.  (Khorne would be pleased!)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3