News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Warriors of Might and Magic - CSM 2k

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, December 05, 2012, 07:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Warriors of Might and Magic

HQ -    Ahriman                     
   Kharn the Betrayer               

Troops -   Thousand Sons x10               
   Icon of Flame               

Khorne Bezerkers x 10               
   Chain Axes x9                  
   Power Weapon               
   Melta Bomb               

Chaos Space Marines x10            
   Veterans of the Long War         
   Flamer x2                  

Chaos Space Marines x10            
   Veterans of the Long War         
   Flamer x2                  

Heavy Support-   Obliterators x 3                  
      Mark of Nurgle x3            

Obliterators x 3                  
      Mark of Nurgle x3            

Forgefiend                   

TOTAL 1,998

Ok, my first attempt at a new list. A bit of a departure from my old one too.

Ahriman is here to provide magical support and will travel with the Tsons. He is also going to lend his Master of Deception ability to up to D3 units to allow them to infiltrate. The Bezerkers and the 2 CSM squads will be nominated for this duty.

Karne is there to hunt down enemy psykers, should they have any, due to him and his squad of Bezerkers near immunity to magic. If there are no enemy Psykers, then they will simply hunt down the Command Squads for the glory of Khorne.

The 2 CSM units will do as they do and hunt down other troop and elites. They are largely expendable though.

The Heavy Support will do what it does best and sit back and blast anything that moves into tiny tiny chunks. T5 Obliterators in nice cover are a bugger to remove, and the Forgefiend maked a good boltmagnet even though it isn't THAT dangerous compared to the Obliterators.

Thoughts, critacisms, suggestions?

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Arguleon-veq

Its pretty solid.

I do think you could do with giving your regular Marine squads better upgrades though and you could really do with some anti air. I think you are relying a lot on those infiltrating units. You should on average only get 2 units to infiltrate and you will want those to be the Bezerkers and T-Sons. This will usually leave your regular CSM  stranded and slow.

So I would suggest dropping one of those squads, then giving your other squad some long ranged firepower. These will also stop any dedicated assault unit tearing up your firebase as 10 marines should slow a unit like that down for a few turns.

You will have the points to put those guys on a defense line with quadgun or icarus las, give them a heavy weapon of their own [match it to the defense line gun] and also give them a plasma gun. This gives you some serious firepower, anti air and the ability to hold a 'home' objective without being wasted all game.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33