News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Design Pickle

Started by Narric, December 05, 2012, 07:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better?

Flat arm stump, no grip
3 (42.9%)
Claw hand
1 (14.3%)
Extend arm and normal mech hand
3 (42.9%)
Other (Please reply)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Narric

I need help to decide on a small part of a picture I'm drawing. I can't decide how to handle the right arm, which houses/holds the heavy weapon the Mecha has. The left arm is "Normal, with n built-in weapons, a normal mecha hand, and a large shoulder shield/panel.

The options look like this. (these are quick skecth's for this poll)

Flat This is what I'm currently leaning towards.

Claw Hand

Extend Arm and normal mecha hand

Or if you have another option, please do say.

Thantos

If we could see the rest of the picture, we could make a more informed decision ;) Whats this mech for, anything paaaarticularly cool?

Narric

Unfortunately the rest of the picture got munched last night when I shut down my computer. Thankfully the save wasn't completely corrupt, so I still had some work to help with the redo.

as to showing the full thing.... Well, its kinda for a contest on DA, and I don't want to know what other people are doing fo it, so the art piece is all hush-hush right now.

With regards to it being cool? Weeeeeeeeell, I'll put it this way:
Its an idea that has been done, but not much, and I plan to go all the way with it, and this pic is the first of many. Think Primarchs, but more awesome.

Thantos

Nice, Primarch Dreadnought by any chance? :P

I vote flat arm, its less 1990's transformers than the hand, and less Dr octopus than the claw  ;)

Narric

Quote from: Thantos on December 09, 2012, 07:53:47 PM
Nice, Primarch Dreadnought by any chance? :P
Uhm, no.

Perhaps I shouldn't have made any connection to Primarchs :P

LinnScarlett

Now you've made me curious... *uses her Inquisitorial infiltration skillz to sneak around trying to catch you working on your highly secret pict*
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Chris

Tau Titan?
Definately the fist... Although perhaps I could suggest a 4th option? Open palm as if about to shoot from the palm (iron man style)