News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

WAARGH! Grumgutz vs. Tau/Eldar in "The Tale of Two Farseers" (1500, 12/6): DONE!

Started by BigToof, December 07, 2012, 12:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Thank you all for the very fine comments.

I really think the Fire Dragon Exarch is in.  I'm even considering putting him in the Dark Eldar list, because he's so awesome.

Why Fire Dragons and not Dire Avengers?

Fear Factor.

Everyone can look at Dire Avengers and go, "Oh, it's just AP3, I can deal with that... (insert marines into Rhino"

But with Fire Dragons, it's like, "OMG, MELTAS! (cue anal puckerage)"

Plus it makes charging them that much more hazardous, because you have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky enough to hope he doesn't roll a six and make my super-special HQ snowflake with 2+ armor go poof?

The Lobbas had a good time, and indeed, they are now 3 strong.  But, as I've found out, they're rather situational, and cover saves are still cover saves...

As for fluff, I'm pleased to see that the Illandara and Lorilune rivalry is getting fans.  I kind of like Illandara, as she is that sort of venomous Eldar that we all know and love, and she certainly knows how to push Lorilune's buttons.

After all, how much time will pass before Lorilune starts to doubt if Illandara was telling the truth?  Or was she?  And the only one who knows for certain is Illandara herself.  That Lorilune just left to die...

Decisions.  Decisions.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Rematch also done, and yes, it was ugly, as the Tau really uh...  Took a level in badass?  I don't know.  I'll try to get it up sooner than later!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Rej

Quote from: BigToof on December 14, 2012, 07:03:16 PM
Plus it makes charging them that much more hazardous, because you have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky enough to hope he doesn't roll a six and make my super-special HQ snowflake with 2+ armor go poof?

This is what happened to me in my last game... Two 6's came up and I failed my Chaplains invulnerable. Poof. Also giving my opponent slay the warlord. It was ouch. But the 5 Terminators behind him cleaned them up (I was hoping to use them on something else, but when he failed I had to kill the Fire Dragons or lose my Land Raider which had the Relic in it).

I still poop my pants when Dark Reapers are on the board though. To many times have I seen a squad of Marines disappear (it's very easy to convince marines to hop out of a Rhino, hull points and other rules that reduced vehicle effectiveness should see an increase in walking marines too). The Problem is that the Dark Reapers are so expensive, but you can say that about everything in the Eldar Codex.
Phew...

Chicop76

Quote from: Rej on December 14, 2012, 10:59:42 PM
Quote from: BigToof on December 14, 2012, 07:03:16 PM

This is what happened to me in my last game... Two 6's came up and I failed my Chaplains invulnerable. Poof. Also giving my opponent slay the warlord. It was ouch. But the 5 Terminators behind him cleaned them up (I was hoping to use them on something else, but when he failed I had to kill the Fire Dragons or lose my Land Raider which had the Relic in it).

I still poop my pants when Dark Reapers are on the board though. To many times have I seen a squad of Marines disappear (it's very easy to convince marines to hop out of a Rhino, hull points and other rules that reduced vehicle effectiveness should see an increase in walking marines too). The Problem is that the Dark Reapers are so expensive, but you can say that about everything in the Eldar Codex.

Dark Reapers easily make up their points though. I miss the days when you could take them as troops. Had to get rid of a lot of dark reapers. When I used to play Uthwre strike force they was my bread and butter. In those days the Avatar was like 80 points and took forever to get across the board, but pop a portal and he got across just fine. I had to run 3 portals since you could block people from exiting and some of my warlocks didn't make it.

Too bad an Archon can't ride a bike.