News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Mark of Tzeentch and the Skyshield

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, December 08, 2012, 03:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, simple issue here.

I take a squad of 3 Obliterators with the Mark of Tzeentch, this gives then a very handy 4++.

If I then park those Oblits on a Skyshield with its defenses up, which ALSO awards a 4++ save to the models using it, do I now have a 3++ save?

The issue only really arises because the Mark is on the Oblits, not the Skyshield. But the Skyshield gives the Unit a 4++ save and Tzeench boosts any invun save they get by one.

How do we think this works?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

BigToof

This sounds reasonable...
I mean Skyshield is worded this way, although you won't get any protection from barrages per se, but I think you're otherwise good to  go.
I'd run it by your opponent first just before you deploy so there's no confusion later though.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Raving Bonkers

Just from the top of my head, as no books to check on at hand, but is it not a cover save you get from a skyshield? So if the mark says invulnerable then people could argue it does not apply? As the two saves are different from each other are they not?

The Man They Call Jayne

The Skyshield give you an invunerable save if the shields are up. If they are unfurled then I suspect you only get the area terrain cover save.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4