News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Choose your Batrep for the (early) Holidays!

Started by BigToof, December 11, 2012, 02:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Toof, why do you punish us with  this again?  Anyway, give me:

Orkz!
3 (18.8%)
Dark Eldar
3 (18.8%)
2nd Auric (O'Keefe and Sisters)
2 (12.5%)
1st Auric (mystery!)
5 (31.3%)
Jenna and Space Wolves
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

BigToof

Hi All,
I have some batreps.  Potential batreps.  As I haven't heard any clamor one way or the other, I'm going try to put up a poll.

Yes, I know, I'm not an absolute fan of it either, but I'd like to know what you all want :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Railgun Convention

Shiny, shiny mystery. What will we get this time?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

BigToof

Quote from: Railgun Convention on December 11, 2012, 02:55:12 PM
Shiny, shiny mystery. What will we get this time?

Who knows?

But as there's two votes for IG and...

Wait... there's two Ork votes too?

People want MORE Ork?

Hmm... possibilities abound...

Perhaps I can get a rematch on that Eldar/Tau list?

Or would people rather see the WAARGH! take on a different set of opponents?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Fhanados

Jenna and the Space Wolves! So many interesting and sometimes hilarious characters. I love that they're just outside the normal chain of command of an Imperial army, I think it gives a lot of freedom to develop the characters in a way that would be hard to pull off normally. That said, you are the creative genius that ended up giving Vasily two wives after a crazy Daemon/Deldar battle. I think with your battle rep skills you could give individual Hormagaunts an intriguing story arc if you felt inclined to.

The Man They Call Jayne

I like me a bit of Wingnut and Louie. Can't go wrong with those two.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

BigToof

Three... Way... Tie??

(Headdesk)

Uh... well... I guess it leaves me options then.

Silly question, but I'm a bit surprised that so many people want Orks, given that the last rep, umm... wasn't that well received?
I'm not sure if no comments means that there's nothing left to say on the matter or just nothing kind...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

The Man They Call Jayne

Honestly, I read the batrep FOR the fluff you write. Whilst the reports and the battle are good, I am there for the story you create with the characters and their interactions. As such there isn't much I can say that is relevent to the battles.

BigToof

Thanks Jayne.

For this reason, I kind of wish they had a +1 or some kind of easy to "pat the author on the head" system, so that I don't go all nutty that "nobody reads my stuff and I am a bad writer boo hoo is me!" kind of nonsense :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

The Man They Call Jayne

We used to have "Approve" didn't we? Then it kind of vanished after the crash.

BigToof

Hmm... point, although the actual reply with the words of "good job 'Toof, you didn't muck this one up" certainly makes me feel special :)

As for the rep... I'm going to give it a bit more an then... I'll have to run with it.

For the possibilities, I have:

1st Auric vs. Sisters and GK (No, GK is NOT primary)

Orks vs. Tau/Eldar (possible rematch?)

Jenna vs. ? (I'm a bit surprised at this one, so I'll have to see if I can find someone)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Lord Sotek

Quote from: BigToof on December 12, 2012, 02:16:53 PM
Three... Way... Tie??

(Headdesk)

Silly question, but I'm a bit surprised that so many people want Orks, given that the last rep, umm... wasn't that well received?
I'm not sure if no comments means that there's nothing left to say on the matter or just nothing kind...

Best,
-BT

The last rep was zoggin' great! I just haven't worked up the writey-cognitive steam or free time to tell you so in a manner befitting its degree, though.
I'd wager it's much the same for others.

At Jayne: Yes we did, and I really fricking miss it. Sometimes you read a post and you just love it, but it's not quite the right emotion or post or topic for a response saying so... just a little +approve tip of the hat to go "Hell yeah, that was good stuff."

Like for stories! Posting how much you liked it interrupts the flow of the author's work, but not posting leaves the author to sit sadly, wondering why nobody seems to like or look at his work.

Hmm... Is it "Bother the admins until they implement it" time?
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

BigToof

Quote from: Isaac Baraqiel on December 12, 2012, 07:40:52 PM
Quote from: BigToof on December 12, 2012, 02:16:53 PM
Three... Way... Tie??

(Headdesk)

Best,
-BT

The last rep was zoggin' great! I just haven't worked up the writey-cognitive steam or free time to tell you so in a manner befitting its degree, though.
I'd wager it's much the same for others.

At Jayne: Yes we did, and I really fricking miss it. Sometimes you read a post and you just love it, but it's not quite the right emotion or post or topic for a response saying so... just a little +approve tip of the hat to go "Hell yeah, that was good stuff."

Like for stories! Posting how much you liked it interrupts the flow of the author's work, but not posting leaves the author to sit sadly, wondering why nobody seems to like or look at his work.

Hmm... Is it "Bother the admins until they implement it" time?

Thanks for the kind reply.
I didn't think of that, as the interwebs has always seemed this place where people just spout out stuff ASAP.
I'm looking forward to what you'll be writing  ;)

In any case, it looks like 1st Auric has taken a "slight" lead...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

The Allfather

Orkz orkz orkz!

I like all your batreps, even though I never really post comments... >.>

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Really? I'm the only one who wants more Dark Eldar? :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne