News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Pre-codex Army List

Started by Narric, December 17, 2012, 01:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

So I know I'm going to be getting the latest Codex: Chaos Space Marines this Xmas, and I wanted to hear some opinions on the two qarmies I' oing to want to run with it.

In my collection I have stuff for a Khorne Berzerker and a Fallen Dark Angel army.

Khorne is possibly close to 1000pts and The Fallen only 750pts, using the old Codex iirc.

Khorne army is pretty much Khorne Berzerkers foot-slogging, though I have a couple bikes in there also.

The Fallen are all Foot-slogging, but have more equipment. I think I had Flamers, Powerfists and Power Swords. I had 1 Terminator Lord, and a Sorceror.

I'm sorry I can't give exact listings, though my plan for Khorne was:
2 Khorne Daemon Princes with Wings
4 10man  Zerker Squads in Rhinos
2 8man Possessed squads foot-slogging

What suggestions would you give with the new codex?

The Man They Call Jayne

Deamon Princes are pretty sucky now. They are very expensive one you have them kitted out properly. If you have the models, save them for when you roll Dark Apotheosis on the Boons Table. Lords (on Juggernaughts if you prefer) are the ones to take for Khorn. Or Kharne if you like.

Bezerkers are as good as ever, and they have the option to upgrade from a cc weapon to a Chain Axe. Doesn't do much different against MEQ but anything with a 4+ save will worry.

Possesed I havn't tried yet, although they are apparently much better than they were.

As for the Rhinos, you have several options there. The standard cheap throw away METAL BAWKS or some cheap upgrades. Personally I tank an extra Combi-bolter, Warpflame Gargoyles and Dirge Casters. This rocks in at an extra 15 points per Rhino. This gives you 4 very accurate shots inside 12" with Soulblaze, and one you are right in their lines, can prevent Overwatch. Something the charge happy Bezerkers will be very grateful for.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4