News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Your 40k Resolutions

Started by BigToof, December 21, 2012, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

I'm not sure if anyone else does this, but I try to make a list of things that I "resolve" will improve in the coming year.

40k is no different.

So my Warhammer Resolutions for 2013 are:

1.  Actually read the big rulebook cover to cover, not skim, but really read.

2.  Try not to wince when GK's or Necrons are brought out to face you.

3.  Give everyone a second chance (including Mat Ward)

4.  Buy no more models than I can immediately build and paint

5.  But no more models UNTIL I have finished the aforementioned building/painting

6.  Do not buy models solely based on the concept that I could possibly make it into an awesome Looted Vehicle (this does not happen)

7.  Do not try to convince Newbies that 5th edition was better, and try not to get into long-winded conversations about old fluff (especially on GKs and Necrons)

8.  Get a second, healthier hobby (yes, I know, it's possible...)

9.  Write Batreps only when the quality is good, not when you're feeling desperate.

10.  Do not name any pets or work projects after 40k characters.

What are yours?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

The Man They Call Jayne

1. Finish the model I have before buying anymore.

2. Make my army legal before buying any more Heavy Support or Fast Attack stuff.

3. Be ready for my gaming clubs tournament in 4 months.

4. DEFINATLY name a pet after a 40k character.

Oh and 5. Participate more on Secondsphere to try and get traffic up.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Waaaghpower

Finish all my projects for painting. That'll last me until summer, if I work hard at it.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

LinnScarlett

1. Get a model finished to your satisfaction (lost cause, that one, but I will again be trying to improve enough to meet my own ridiculous standards)

2. Improve as a writer, you're still not as awesome as Dan Abnett (got to have impossible to achieve standards, right?)

3. Manage an attention span long enough to actually make one of your piles of armies (Cata, INQ (2 x), Alpha, SW, Ultrawolf (and 3 other home-made chapters), EC, BL) into something you could actually play and reasonably win with

4. Get out there and play with strangers, rather than hiding from all the 'big bad OP meanies spamming your Cata/SM to ruined shells without being charming about it'

5. Stop buying stuff you don't need, period. No matter that its cool. You don't NEED it.

6. Give people time to get back to you about your fiction/art/modelling/whatever. Stop holding your breath. Stop getting down when The Void yawns its terror inspiring silence at you once again. :/

7. Definitely help 2nd Sphere get more traffic! - and make it to 1.000 posts-made before 2014! :P

Hrm, that's about it I think.

I did already name my pet (rabbit) after a W40k character, namely the Emperor (but I shout Ceasar for short when I am angry, because 'Emperor' just doesn't mouth well in that regard). He has a golden pillow he likes to lay on. And he's got an ego five times the size of his tiny rabbit body...
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

1. Get my 2k Dark Eldar list fully WYSIWYG.
2. Get an actual case for my Dark Eldar instead of using a vehicle box.
3. Find a way to make my Dark Eldar viable again.
4. Complete my Tyranid house rules.
5. Get my Tyranids WYSIWYG (according to aforementioned house rules)
6. Get a case for my Tyranids.
7. Write up some fluff for my Marines (been meaning to do it since 4th ed)
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

salamut2202

1. Make my imperial guard and eldar corsairs more than just my Tau's allies
2. Stop cowering back to 5th edition
3. Beat 2,000 point necron flyer spam
4. See if the local area can have a tournament without imperial armour units.
5. Stop buying what I will never need.

Jonagon

Shock horror, I've got one!

1. Start playing 40k again
2. Start a new army project and move back towards army painting from single miniatures. Hopefully a project log coming soon on this!

Chicop76

1. Wait till the updated codex is out before buying more models. An example of this is when I got guard and the old codex before guard got updated two months later. I'm glad I didn't get those forge world heads and jump packs.

2. Finish painting and modeling the army I am using, before I start another one.

3. Finish painting and converting sisters.

4. Finish all conversion projects.

5. Finish selling my nids still in boxes. If counting boxes at one point I had 300 plus combined homogaunts and spine gaunts. Realizing now I have tooo many.

6. Replinish my nid army that was stolen

7. Get back all my daemons.

8. Get my Eldar army back.

9. Get the new tau models to update my forge world O'Shova. Waiting on new book before I start buying anymore Tau.

10. Get the new Chaos book and the new dark angels book.

11. Get the new Black Templars book when it comes out. Never had the old one.

12. Hate Matt Ward until my Sisters are fixed. I should say hate him even more than I do now.

13. Figure out what to do with my Mardi Gras list since 5.5 destroyed it and 6th don't allow all that I had. I am thinking of using Guard and Sisters instead of Grey Knights and Sisters. Although I think I may paint my Grey Knights and Guard with the same thyme as my sisters and just rotate them out.

14. Track down and replace my Fateweavers heads since my gf threw them away.

15. Get the top part of land raider I lost.

16. Get Forgeworld flying hive tyrant again.

Chicop76

Quote from: salamut2202 on December 21, 2012, 09:09:49 PM

I actually like 6th better. I am still trying to figure out if I like this as much as I did 3rd.

I stil don't like true line of sight.

Arguleon-veq

1. Finish making a competative army for 6th so I can take it to tournaments rather than taking a mish-mash of painted models I have and what I can borrow from people.

2. Figure out how to deal with Necron Barge/Wraith/Scythe spam.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Charistoph

1. Finish building my DIY Black Templar Crusade, preferably before the WhiteDex comes out.
2. Update Crusade to fit BT Whitedex.
3. Finish writing up my Gue'Nam Wing and Black Templar 4.9 Fandexes.
4. Start building Ally based on Gue'Nam Wing Fandex and using them as Radical Xenos Hunter units in Tau gear for those who won't face the Fandex.

Not all in that order.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Cammerz

1) Paint and then build the IG battleforce I've had sitting around since the summer.
2) Make proper use of the membership I bought for my local gaming club, namely go down there on a weekend and actually battle people.
3) Make battle reports for the battles in resolution 2).
4) Compete in a tournament and don't come last (unlike the last one, maybe I won't bring Tau next time).
5) Maintain focus on existing armies, don't give in and start something new just because I've created a cool army list (even if it is just 400pts of Wood Elves).

Zen

1. Create the Warbands for 2 of my Black Crusade RPG Group
2. Actually have a fully painted 40K army, either my Iron Wolves (DIY SM Chapter using Space Wolves Codex) or Chaos Undivided (Still deciding between Black Legion and Word Bearers)

GreaterGoodNewZealand

1) Acquire the rulebook for 6th edition, either the hardcover or DV miniature copy.
2) At least start a grey knights terminator army
3) Make more of an effort to go to my local GWS and do some gaming
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

salamut2202

Quote from: Chicop76 on December 21, 2012, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: salamut2202 on December 21, 2012, 09:09:49 PM

I actually like 6th better. I am still trying to figure out if I like this as much as I did 3rd.

I stil don't like true line of sight.
It's more with quick 1,000 point games where know one wants to get the rules out to refer to the 6 million special rules because a flying monstrous creature did a thing. It's quicker just to go back to the more streamlined game mechanic.