News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Your 40k Resolutions

Started by BigToof, December 21, 2012, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Quote from: salamut2202 on December 22, 2012, 04:01:19 AM
Quote from: Chicop76 on December 21, 2012, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: salamut2202 on December 21, 2012, 09:09:49 PM
1. Make my imperial guard and eldar corsairs more than just my Tau's allies
2. Stop cowering back to 5th edition
3. Beat 2,000 point necron flyer spam
4. See if the local area can have a tournament without imperial armour units.
5. Stop buying what I will never need.

I actually like 6th better. I am still trying to figure out if I like this as much as I did 3rd.

I stil don't like true line of sight.
It's more with quick 1,000 point games where know one wants to get the rules out to refer to the 6 million special rules because a flying monstrous creature did a thing. It's quicker just to go back to the more streamlined game mechanic.

I'm getting used to it. We have been avoiding the random terrain till we get everything else down pat. The bikes always having cover saves I over looked and a few minor things like oh that does that now. Reverting back to the old edition just confusses you more. I just brain dumped 5th and jumped into 6th. Area terrain is a bit better for Monsterous creatures now for example.

Thantos

Quote4. Get out there and play with strangers
Sounds bad out of context? :P

1. Find time to paint something! I miss painting
2. Sculpt at least 5 minis this year
3. Work towards completing my Tyranid Ripper/Zoanthrope army and learn to play some games again!

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Thantos on December 22, 2012, 10:24:55 AM
Quote4. Get out there and play with strangers
Sounds bad out of context? :P

Perv  :P
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Mabbz

1) Play more. I'm haven't played a game against anyone for a couple of months.

2) Finish my kill team house rules.

3) Play a real life game using my house rules against another person, rather than playing against myself.

4) Start an Eldar army. Possibly Harlequin themed.

5) Get my girlfriend to start collecting/gaming. She's already started painting my models for me (since we discovered she's a better painter than me).

6) Make a 40k resolution Done! I'm winning!

Thantos

Quote from: Mabbz on December 22, 2012, 11:08:04 AM
5) Get my girlfriend to start collecting/gaming. She's already started painting my models for me (since we discovered she's a better painter than me).

At last Mabbz has found a practical hobby use for girlfriends! Huzzar!;D

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Thantos on December 22, 2012, 12:27:16 PM

At last Mabbz has found a practical hobby use for girlfriends! Huzzar!;D

Ogh, if Chocomel managed, I am sure Mabbz can too!

You should let some DA and GK or SW images 'accidentally' wander around the house, worked for me it did. Hehe. ;)

Irisado

I only have two 40K resolutions, one of which I will achieve, and the other I probably won't:

1. To continue not to paint any figures.

2. To play more games.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Jonagon

Oh I want to add one more!

Updated:

1. Play more games
2. Start a new army and project log (probably Grey Knights)
3. Start writing some fluff.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Jonagon on December 22, 2012, 01:08:39 PM
Oh I want to add one more!

[SNIP]

3. Start writing some fluff.

The fiction and fluff section definitely needs more love, it's so quiet on there! :(

Tempest Six Two

Okay, so here goes:

1. Keep moving forward with my Blood Angels, with a view to pushing them out to around 2500pts so I have lots of choices for 1500/1750/1850 tournament and friendly lists.

2. Only buy minis or kits for my two existing armies- DA and BA, and only when all pre-existing minis are finished and in their display case.

3. Tackle more challenging or different minis that I haven't painted up before, even something from Fantasy? Ie move out of my comfort zone a bit. Test out different techniques or colour combos.

4. Get as many friendlies in as tournament games, or even more.

5. Play a bigger Apoc game than our last one (8 people, 40,000pts, in my garage). I think we were looking at something like 60-70K with all our new armies?

6. As others have said, re-read the rules until I know them back to front- essentially, flush 5th ed out.

7. Come onto 2S a bit more often, and post in places other than the Hobby Logs and Competition sections... yeah, that seems to be what I do.

7.  Iron Discipline- in painting and refraining from purchases.... paint paint paint, stay off eBay, out of GW, etc etc. Refer to resolution #2.

8. Embrace the new DA code with open arms, see whats new, and enjoy what this latest incarnation is.

9. Bring my smiles and enthusiasm for my fun opponents, and my nastiest A Game for all the regular WAAC tourney players.... crack skulls, with a smile! I can get a bit non commital/quiet if things are tense or if im not doing well. 

10. Bring the all embracing love and guidance of the immortal God Emperor to the farthest reaches of the stars....
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Jonagon

Quote from: Tempest Six Two on December 22, 2012, 01:58:12 PM

10. Bring the all embracing love and guidance of the immortal God Emperor to the farthest reaches of the stars....

Not too ambitious, I like that. ;)

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Jonagon on December 22, 2012, 02:41:24 PM
Quote from: Tempest Six Two on December 22, 2012, 01:58:12 PM

Not too ambitious, I like that. ;)

Bah, it's holidays again...
...the next religious folks (of any flavour) come to my door trying to 'convert' me the coming days; I am going to go stone-faced on and talk about the Immortal God-Emperor as if I mean every word of it. In fact, maybe I should have it taped... could be fun. Hehe.

Sorck

'Ere we go...

• Play an Apocalypse game of at least 10,000 points per side but not in a GW store.
  • Bring my IG army up to 4000 fully painted points.
  • Complete a minimum of one full Imperial Guard company (tank, superheavy, artillery or infantry).
  • Only add miniatures to my Ork army or Imperial Armies.
  • Create at least a 6'x4' board for gaming on.
  • Photograph all of my miniatures for 2S.
  • More work on 2S in general... some TLC might be needed...

Mabbz

Quote from: Linn Scarlett on December 22, 2012, 12:29:53 PM
Quote from: Thantos on December 22, 2012, 12:27:16 PM

At last Mabbz has found a practical hobby use for girlfriends! Huzzah!;D

Ogh, if Chocomel managed, I am sure Mabbz can too!

You should let some DA and GK or SW images 'accidentally' wander around the house, worked for me it did. Hehe. ;)
She said she likes painting ornate armour best, so I'm probably going to wind up with yet another GK opponent :P

Quote from: Sorck the Spork on December 22, 2012, 08:18:51 PM
'Ere we go...

• Play an Apocalypse game of at least 10,000 points per side but not in a GW store.
  • Bring my IG army up to 4000 fully painted points.
  • Complete a minimum of one full Imperial Guard company (tank, superheavy, artillery or infantry).
  • Only add miniatures to my Ork army or Imperial Armies.
  • Create at least a 6'x4' board for gaming on.
  • Photograph all of my miniatures for 2S.
  • More work on 2S in general... some TLC might be needed...
7a. Fix the spoiler tags ;D

Carrelio

It's a resolution I had already been working on, but I intend to continue on it in the new year.  It is my goal for the coming year (and years to come) to make the absolute most out of the hobby and strive for excellence in all its facets.

I will delve deeper into the back stories of my armies.
I will make the most of the models that I own by performing extensive conversions on them using epoxy.
I will learn and master new painting techniques, and improve the look of my army.
I will play more games and become a better tactician for it.