News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Hopper Sculpt WIP (Needs pose and detail)

Started by Thantos, December 22, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

EDIT: Done

Hi Ladies and Gents ;D so ive finally found a few hours to sculpt somthing (digitally ofcourse, dont want greenstuff under my fingernails :P)

Working on a "Hopper" which is about 70% done. Thinking of something between a mini trex,  that ghost from ghostbusters, a chaos spawn and a squig. Also its quite a forgiving sculpt, something to ease me back into doing proper organic miniatures stuff again after designing CGI oil rig equipment 9 hours each day for the past 4 months -.- ... and the next 6 months coming atleast...

Feedback on style, posing (still have to pose it!) and sculpt what i can improve with is welcomed.

At the current timescale im working with, should find its way into the webstore around march, probably a few varients so people can create a swarm!

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

This looks quite cool :D

Although...to be honest i was expecting actual hoppers :P
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

LinnScarlett

Hm, very nice! Really reminds me of those damn squigs
(God, those irritated me in the SM game when they came from right around the corner... BLAMSPLAT INURFACE LOLDEATH  :facepalm001:)

It might be me, but the scapula, presuming a human/natural basis, looks off in its angling and connection with the clavicle and humerus? Or, the bumps I presume the clavicle and humerus junctions to be, at least. Also, it feels it's 'too low' on the back of the beastie. :)
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Jonagon

Thantos

All done, i need some new software i have decided. This stuff isnt as flexible as id like.
May repose a few varients and create a swarm  ;D