News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dark Mechanicus 2200

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, December 22, 2012, 03:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

I got bored and decided to try a fluffyish list based around the Dark Mechanicus theme. Lots of Deamon Engines, Warpsmiths and very tough troops. I doubt it will be very competative, but you never know. I am aware that the points are a little odd, but that is because I was making a list rather than working to a points limit. The only thing I might change is exchange the Hellbrutes for Devestator Deamon Engines. Thoughts and comments always welcome.

HQ -

Warpsmith
Aura of Dark Glory
Mark of Nurgle
Burning Brand of Skalathrax
Veteran of the Long War

Warpsmith
Aura of Dark Glory
Mark of Khorne
Axe of Blind Fury
Veteran of the Long War
Ichor Blood

Troops -

Chaos Space Marine x10
CCW x10
Veterans of the Long War x10
Melta Guns x2
Mark of Nurgle x10 (Representing Cybernetic upgrades and deamonic machinery)

Chaos Space Marine x10
CCW x10
Veterans of the Long War x10
Melta Guns x2
Mark of Nurgle x10 (Representing Cybernetic upgrades and deamonic machinery)

Elites -

Hellbrute
Heavy Flamer (built into Powerfist)
Power Scourge

Hellbrute
Heavy Flamer (Built into Powerfist)
Power Scourge

Mutilators x3
Mark of Nurgle x3

Fast Attack -

Heldrake
Baleflamer

Heldrake
Baleflamer

Heavy Support -

Forgefiend
Hades Autocannon

Forgefiend
Ectoplasma Cannons x3

Maulerfiend
Magma Cutters

Total Cost - 2198

The Warpsmiths can either hang back and keep the Forgefiends working, or walk behind the Hellbrutes, as they dont have It Will Not Die and the Fiends do. Or they can join the CSM squads and charge into the fray personally. Everything else just unloads on the best target that they can see and reach.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

If you put your HQ on a bike it makes him a lot harder to be insta killed. On str 10 attack can kill him as is.

The Man They Call Jayne

Warpsmiths don't have access to Bikes unfortunatly.

Narric

One Str10 hit is all would take to kill the Warpsmith, yes, but that ignores the rest of the army soaking up those Str10 hits.

If he was on a bike, I'd assume more higher end hits would be thrown at him, so his survivablity could be argued as being the same.

Currently, I still don't have access to the wargear, so I can't comment on predicted effectiveness. However, I'm positive this would be a terrerfying army to see sitting on the opposite side of the board from you. With that, your opponent may be lost as to what they should be targeting (unless they've faced Chaos before in this incarnation) so you could be in good standing for a win.

The Man They Call Jayne

You will need lots of S6 or better here. S7 if I were to bring in the Decomators. Regenerating Hull Points means that you need to focus on each unit with alot of firepower to bring them down reliably. And 5++ saves are on most of the Engines.

The Heldrakes will hopefully move at the right angle so they can Vector Strike anything with effective anti tank, then Flame another unit. Of course you could have the Hades Autocannon for that, but the low BS makes it iffy.

I agree though that the main impact will be a visual one.