News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Battle Summary, 1750 Eldar Vs Dark Eldar

Started by Rej, December 24, 2012, 01:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rej

Here's a quick summary of a game I played a few days ago. We were playing big guns never tire Night fighting on the first Turn, I was Dark Eldar and Went first. Tom was my opponent and was play as Eldar... He went second...

Basically.

I Moved up aggressively, like green sharks!

I didn't stay in cover as much as I should have. So my vehicles ended up looking more like this...

And when all these guys

Get stuck infront of a heap of these guys

Dark Eldar troops start to become a little scarce.

My Giant unit of Hellions didn't turn up till turn 4, and by then it was too little to late, I never should have put them in reserve, first time using them though and I was nervous!

Ah, so as the game started closing, I needed a lot of luck to pull anything out... Ravagers holding objectives?

But like I said, too little to late. We called it at the end of Turn 5, no way for me to bring out a victory really. 1 Kabalite left from 30.

He wouldn't be able to hold that for much longer though!

So in the End the Eldar left with a very solid victory.

Phew...

BigToof

Hi Rej,
Great rep!

Liked the pictures and well... Eldar are tough if they get the drop on your DE.

Do you have lists?  I'd like to see what you were up against, as although the pictures are pretty (so, so pretty), I would love to see things from a more tactical aspect.

Oh, and also, karma'd!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Rej

Quote from: BigToof on December 24, 2012, 02:18:19 PM
Hi Rej,
Great rep!

Liked the pictures and well... Eldar are tough if they get the drop on your DE.

Do you have lists?  I'd like to see what you were up against, as although the pictures are pretty (so, so pretty), I would love to see things from a more tactical aspect.

Oh, and also, karma'd!

Best,
-BT

Thanks, and yeah, I'll try and take some notes next time, I never planned on doing a report originally, I just took the pictures, then wanted to share them, so added some thoughts from the battle that I could remember.

List wise, I could ask Tom to post his actual list, but what I remember was...

Farseer
Dire Avengers, Wave Serpent
Dire Avengers, Wave Serpent
3x Guardian Jetbikes, Shuriken Cannon
3x Guardian Jetbikes, Shuriken Cannon, Warlock Singing Spear
5x Warp Spiders
3x Vypers, Missiles
5x Fire Dragons
Falcon

I don't remember all the weapon loadouts and wargear upgrades though. Tom's really enjoying the bikes, they blew up at least one vehicle and probably helped wreck another, and there invaluable in objective missions, also getting linebreaker. And the Vypers have become a real nuisance with the missiles, last game he sent them and some bikes round behind my force, and I could have turned around, wiped them out, but that would have left the rest of his force at the front, easily able to strike me, so I had to ignore them!

Ah, my list was something like...

Archon
4x Incubi, Venom
10x Kabalites, Raider
10x Kabalites, Raider
10x Kabalites, Raider
5x Wych, Haywire, Venom
5x Wych, Haywire, Venom
15x Hellions
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

I think I'm going to add some Scourges with Heatlances or Haywire Launchers, and some 3 man Reaver squads with HeatLances too. And switch one of the Ravagers loadouts too Disintegrator Cannons. I really need to play more though.

And thanks for the Karma!
Phew...

Arguleon-veq

Lovely pics, some really nice looking terrain and I like your colour scheme.

Dire Avenger shuricats can make a bit of a mess of DE troops.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33