News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1500 point Chaos Space Marines

Started by Aun, December 28, 2012, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aun

Heya, this is a list I'm thinking about taking for a 1500 point campaign at my LGS. Please tell me what you think!

LVL 3 Sorcerer of Chaos w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Sigil of Corruption, Veteran of the Long War, Gift of Mutation
180 points

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino
205 points

10 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino
205 points

10 Chosen w/ 5 Plasma Guns, Rhino, Combi-Bolter
293 points

9 Thousand Sons w/ Rhino, Gift of Mutation
287 points

Forgefiend w/ 3 Ectoplasma Cannons
200 points

Chaos Vindicator w/ Siege Shield
130 points

1500 points

Irisado

What's the strategy?  I assume that it's a rapid flank attack with the Rhinos?

My only concern is that you don't have any long ranged fire support if the Forgefiend goes down early, and that your attack force lacks diversity.  If you're expecting a lot of vehicles and power armour, then mass Plasma has a lot of advantages, but some variation may be in order if you're expecting hordes, or a lot of heavily armoured vehicles.

In view of the fact that you're taking Thousand Sons for anti-MEQ duty, you could perhaps consider taking either Flamers or Melta Guns on one of the Chaos Space Marine squads to at least give you some more options, as the list is all a bit too 'samey' in my view.

Finally, I think that another longer range fire support unit would make for a better choice than the Vindicator.  A Predator or Defiler could, therefore, be alternative options you may wish to consider.

I hope that helps.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

The Man They Call Jayne

I have found in this edition that vehicles draw fire alot just for the chance to glancing them to death.

I would switch out the Forgefiend for 3 Oblits with Mark of Nurgle, or Tzeentch if you are wanting to be fluffy. You'll need some more points from somewhere though. In all the games I have used them My Oblits have always lived to the end while my forgefiend is little more than a Railmagnet. Only luck and It Will Not Die combined with a Warpsmith manage to keep it alive.

If you do run the Forgefiend however, make sure you get to the target ASAP and use the Deamonforge immediatly. You might not get a second chance so make it count.

I might be tempted by changing one of the Plasma Guns in the CSM squads with a Melta though, just for some more AT goodness. You can use the saed point to give your Rhinoes Dirge Casters to prevent nearby overwatch when your guys charge.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4