News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Your 40k/WHFB/etc. Holiday Loot and Wishes!

Started by BigToof, December 24, 2012, 08:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
Someone had to make this thread.
Yes, I know, capitalism, price gouging, horrid business and all.

But... it's bloody Christmas, and you know you're going to be getting something if anyone knows about your hobby.

Some gifts are good.  Some bad, some are just... uh... special.

I'd like to start a list, just to see if anyone is getting something Hobby/Gaming related.  And also to put out a Holiday well-wish to everyone.  I hope it will catch on instead of being binned.  :)

I'll start:
I'm getting a laptop that will finally, finally allow me to play Space Marine THQ and perhaps even Dawn of War II.  Uh... that's about it.  Sadly no models this year :(

I did get a bottle of spray paint (black) as someone heard that I liked painting.  Still not sure if it's a gag gift or serious...

In any case,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU SECOND-SPHERE-ITES!  MAY YOUR DICE ALWAYS ROLL 6'S AND YOUR GLOSSY FINISH NEVER BUBBLE!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

For me, Christmas and my birthday are 6 days apart, so I will just lump them up.

Well so far my loot are;

Three My Little Pony stuff from my sister; A hoodie, a Fluttershy toy, and I have no idea what the third one is as it is still in the shipment
1 Qanba Q4RAF Arcade Joystick for myself

My dad have asked me to use his credit card as a way for me to get a gift, and he said that anything I buy from it will be his gift to me for my birthday and Christmas. In essence I am allowed to get two gifts for myself from him.

Maybe I will use my dad's credit card to get a new laptop and consider that as fulfilling both my Christmas and Birthday present thing in one go. As for another gift for myself for Christmas I have no idea yet.....but I am really tempted to get something from Forgeworld for once...... :shifty:

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: BigToof on December 24, 2012, 08:44:31 PM
I'll start:
I'm getting a laptop that will finally, finally allow me to play Space Marine THQ and perhaps even Dawn of War II.  Uh... that's about it.  Sadly no models this year :(

Lemme know if you're after a game of DOWII at some stage ;)

Myself, I am going a few hundred kilometres up the coast (which in Australia, is about 1% up the coast :P ) for a few weeks holiday, then returning and spending money on some new things for my ork army; mainly, warbuggies :D

Zambia
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

LinnScarlett

Mhm my dad let me wave the credit card earlier this month during our typically dutch gifting holiday of St Nicolas (5th of december). As my sister, who is into photography, got herself some new equipment at a worth of about 125 euro, I was quite stunned to hear I got to plunder gifts for myself for that amount. As upgrading my PC is a traditional B-day thing by now for me, I decided to go and raid GWS, which is what I did. Wound up with a bunch of Catachan (for my IG army), some Grey Knights (for my Inquisitors), and some assorted stuff (DA bits, Space Marine generic squad, some named model odds and ends, including Col. Straken) for my different projects. I have to say, that was a VERY satisfying post package I got a few days later. Hm... oh, my sis got me a warm sports jersey in the World Eater colours with a huge 'A' on the back, hehe and my mom bought a golden coloured pillow for my rabbit (who is named after the Emperor...)

We don't do much with christmas (as I said, our major gifting holiday was earlier this month) and usually just give small gifts. Friends gifted me some games of choice on the STEAM holiday sales (those are awesome, if you don't have STEAM yet, now is the time to get an account and plunder - incl. Space Marine which was at 9.99 on the flash sale the other day!) and that's about it. I suspect my parents might have some small things, and my sis too. I've been mentioning every so often I really want Angron and the World Eaters from FG, so maybe someone will go out on a limb, but I suspect that will sooner be a b-day heist.

Sooo.... myea. I feel spoiled rotten.  ;D

And a merry christmas and new year to all of you.
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Irisado

I'm not spending any money at all on GW products this Christmas.  My Eldar army has models from just about every era dating all the way back to 1990, so I don't really need to add any more to it, and I don't really play enough to warrant adding to my Chaos army.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

LinnScarlett

I know the feeling, I have Dark Elves and Dark Eldar laying in heaps here, also because a year or two ago my 'global friends group' got wind of my hobby, which resulted in a whole lot of DE/DA models (due to me always running as a DE in pretty much every game, ever, including our DnD RPG group, so yea, everybody made an educated guess, hehe!)

Lately, I've really gotten into the Inquisition and Catachan, also because I like/prefer writting my fiction about them. Been scourging the net with Choco looking for parts to convert some of our infamous INQ friends into models (Eisenhorn, Osma, Genevieve herself, of course, etc). The same goes with the Catachan, it's pretty fun modelling my fiction characters, although I mean to make the Catachan into a viable army, and keep my fingers crossed GWS will bring back decent INQ armies (rather than GK pony shows...).

I've been trying to tell myself 'no more buying', but... when I get money to spend, that doesn't really count as me spending it, does it? It's not *my* money. And there isn't really anything more lasting to spend it on... hm... Oh well! :P
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Arguleon-veq

I got
Imperial Armour 8
Imperial Armour 11
FW Horus Heresy Book
FW Throne of Chaos Book
FW Monster Compedium Book
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Jonagon

wow, all the books.

I got 1 model, for a system I don't play. But that's one more model than last year, so better than nothing!  :derp:

Tempest Six Two

I spent a truckload on my baby girl who enjoyed her first Xmas, and the rest of the family bought her loads of stuff as well. Got my wife a really nice bracelet and some charms for it, and Lego: Lord of the Rings for the PS3 which she really wanted as well!!

In return I got a huge 6-drawer chest of drawers all refurbished and painted up by my wife and inlaws, for storing all my 40k hobby and gaming stuff. The top will soon have a huge 6ft wide by 3rd tall glass display cabinet on top of it for my minis- it's being freighted as we speak... Oh and I also got given a boat load of small storage containers, blades, files etc. As much as my wife lays crap on my for my nerdy hobby she really does look after me :)

Oh and my five (!) boxes of Death Company turned up in the mail from the states... Merry Xmas to me :)
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

The Allfather

The only gaming thing I got was a Hordes Trollblood character.

Everything else was stuff I actually needed, and books. :P

Jonagon

Quote from: Tempest Six Two on December 26, 2012, 02:20:32 PM
Oh and my five (!) boxes of Death Company turned up in the mail from the states... Merry Xmas to me :)
:o

Fhanados

Warhammer wise I think I done ok, considering I told people not to buy me Warhammer!

I got Anrakyr the Traveller from a friend, the paint station and cutting pad from my fiancee and a $100 gift voucher from her brother in law which went towards a couple of hobby tools and I splurged a bit and bought myself a box of CSM to convert into Havocs.

Pilum

All I officially got was a lot of beer and smellies; at least it means no spending money on shower gel and the like for a few months with one, and a VERY happy new year with the other!

On the other hand, Pilum Claus thought I'd been a very good boy in buying everyone else all their pressies; imagine my surprise when I got home and found he'd kindly put some eldar for me in the bags! ;)
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453

Will's on Fire

I got the Salvations Reach, the Gaunts Ghost novel. Meaning I can finally be back up to date with the series as I refuse to buy the hardback. :P

And I wish for my BAngels to paint themselves!

- Will

Sorck

I have a rather nice addition of a cadian command squad (so I can now field and infantry company), a second manticore and a second chimera. So I'm along the way to hitting 4,000 points of Imperial Guard now. :)