News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Khornate Night Assault 1500pts

Started by Brassclaw, January 13, 2013, 08:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassclaw

Ok so i got this idea from somewhere, of using Necrons with an assault army. Basically since couple of the Necron characters can change the game into nightfight rules, and this helps assault armies, so i can up with this list.

CHAOS
Kharn
1X8 Khorne Berzerkers with Aspiring Champion with Powerfist. All are mounted in a Rhino with Dirge Caster and extra armour
1X8 KHorne Berzerkers with Aspiring Chmapion with Powerfist. All have Veterans of the Long War.  All are mounted in a Rhino with Dirge Caster and extra armour
Heldrake with baleflamer

NECRONS
Imotekh the Storm Lord
10 Necron Warriors mounted in a Night Scythe   

ARMY TOTAL: 1497pts

So Imotekh cause nightfight, which basically give the transports the cover of darkness to get where they need to be.  Now there are a few options. The first one would be to sub out one of the warrior squads with more berzerkers. More assault power for less shooting power. Option number 2 would be to replace Imotekh with an Overlord and Cryptek with solar pulse. The Overlord/Cryptek combo is cheaper than the storm lord, but i would only get nightfight for one turn.

So what do you all think?   

Carrelio

I had considered this for Tau as well, but there's an important note about Immotek's night fight. It comes with lightning. Why is lightning a bad thing? Based on the rules specific wording of the rules for who the lightning targets, whether it hits your allied units or not is a really big, and highly contested issue (which can be argued either way). Best case scenario, you'll be flipping a coin, or rolling off on a dice every game to see if your khorn guys are not being struck by lightning each turn.

Brassclaw

Hmmm i guess that would change things, I guess i could take the Overlord/cryptek combo to guard my berzerkers

Narric

Baseed on Carrelio's post, I'd say go with the Overlord/Cryptek combo. Think of it as an second set of usable Smoke Launchers for you Rhinos.

Brassclaw

due to Imotekh lightning, I have choice to switch the list up

CHAOS
Kharn
1X8 Khorne Berzerkers with Aspiring Champion with Powerfist. All are mounted in a Rhino with Dirge Caster
1X8 KHorne Berzerkers with Aspiring Chmapion with Powerfist. All have Veterans of the Long War.  All are mounted in a Rhino with Dirge Caster
Heldrake with baleflamer

NECRONS
Overlord with Warscythe
Cyrptek with Eldritch Lance and Solar Pulse
Annihilation Barge

TOTAL:1497

Arguleon-veq

Pretty nice, I think you are running too many warriors though, they are best in small units who can jump out of their flyer on an objective whenever they need to. You could save yourself 130 points which could get you a maulerfiend which should then see combat with your night fight shenanigans.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33