News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

[Art Drafts] The Damned & The Betrayed

Started by LinnScarlett, January 14, 2013, 04:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinnScarlett

I recalled this morning I promised Aun to upload these. I made them a few days ago. I am not quite satisfied with them yet, but then they are draft sketches for a reason, I suppose. I might get around to proper portraits at some point. Anyway, this is what you three helmetted monstrosities look like in my head, helmetless.

This is what happens when you let my wild imagination run amok before telling me what you look like.  ;)

Malish, the mildly axe-crazy (and pyromaniac...) renegade from the Bleak Brotherhood.
I really need to figure out how to properly draw serious scars...

Memnon, the way too OP 1kS sorcerer that pretty much vaporizes every enemy he comes in contact with.
I realise he probably wears a nemes when he's not wearing his helmet, but fuu.

And Radisson, the faintly bi-polar Night Lord that manages to dodge just about anything.
They're not elven ears, they're BAT ears. For real. ;)
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Zen

Haha, nice~ However, I do think they need a certain feature or element of Chaos on them. They just look like handsome bad guys from an 80's action movie.

LinnScarlett

I know - although I think my blank-print for space marine-esque features is quite handsome, so they'll have to suffer through that. But I need some pointers from the guys on chaosy elements. KOM had the benefit of having already regalled me about it last night and then I went and extrapolated on that. :)

Thantos

If you melt half of their face down the the bone - youll be on the right track!  :P Only slaneshi marines are handsome... or pretty marines... but we dont go there  ::)

Nice sketches though! Get some promarkers and inks in there  :D

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Thantos on January 14, 2013, 08:46:22 PM
If you melt half of their face down the the bone - youll be on the right track!  :P Only slaneshi marines are handsome... or pretty marines... but we dont go there  ::)

Nice sketches though! Get some promarkers and inks in there  :D

Totally will, they are my go-to traditional art medium! Just need the guys to show up and give me some more info - trivialities like eye colour and skin tone, and horrendous scars and mutations. I did also get the new ArtRage Pro 3 from a friend, so I might also give that a go again.

I find it quite difficult to come up with some cool chaos-y stuff out of the blue though...

BigToof

Very Nice Linn!

Hope to see more of your sketches.  :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Tyrfing

LinnScarlett

Quote from: BigToof on January 14, 2013, 11:48:51 PM
Very Nice Linn!

Hope to see more of your sketches.  :)

Best,
-BT

Thanks, BT! And you probably will, as I've gotten around to getting myself a replacement pencil for my trusty old (and as of october broken) fine-tip fill pencil (or whatever that shit is called in english...). Although I see we have no art forum anymore? I just stuck them here as I thought it was the best place, considering. :)

Quote from: Tyrfing on January 15, 2013, 04:46:06 PM
Good lookin' stuff Linn.

I need you guys to fill me in on the more chaos-y visual details of your characters, 'to make them look more evil'. Hehe. ;)

Tyrfing

That works pretty well for Radisson. It could be argued that Night Lords have the purest gene seed out of any space marines, so he doesn't have any mutations or anything like that. Lots of Night Lirds don't really like chaos anyway.

But he does have a rather interesting augmentation that you can't see right now because his mouth is closed.

GreaterGoodNewZealand

This is some really good stuff, Linn. I wish I could draw that well...

Anyway, I look forward to hopefully getting to see more of your artwork.
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Tyrfing on January 16, 2013, 01:43:47 AM
That works pretty well for Radisson. It could be argued that Night Lords have the purest gene seed out of any space marines, so he doesn't have any mutations or anything like that. Lots of Night Lirds don't really like chaos anyway.

But he does have a rather interesting augmentation that you can't see right now because his mouth is closed.

I recall something about sharp teeth, yea... I really should let him do the Smile Of Creepy, perhaps, in my permanent drafts/sketches, to show that off? I thought the ears was a pretty nifty idea, and the pure black eyes (that's correct, right?). Maybe I should draw a bit more on the ethereal vampire look, and a bit creepy sauce... more than flinging around mutations? The kind of guy that is pretty good looking in broad daylight, but that you TOTALLY don't want to run into in an alleyway... at night... alone...

*ponders*

Quote from: GreaterGoodNewZealand on January 16, 2013, 02:14:53 AM
This is some really good stuff, Linn. I wish I could draw that well...

Anyway, I look forward to hopefully getting to see more of your artwork.

I am hoping that I will have some more time this year, and might actually get around to doing more than just sketch, and actually finishing some pieces too. Heh! It's one of my 2013 resolutions. But for certain, I will be posting more sketches here when I do some pieces :)

Zen

Zen is a Veteran of the Long War, he's even from the Horus Heresy. One half of his looks like an old man, while the other half is skinless thus an exposed skull with a bionic eye.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Zen on January 16, 2013, 05:58:22 AM
Zen is a Veteran of the Long War, he's even from the Horus Heresy. One half of his looks like an old man, while the other half is skinless thus an exposed skull with a bionic eye.

I can work with that, Zen! :)

Anyone else have anything to add to their toons?

I think Memnon just wears an inch worth of foundation to look so peachy :P
Egyptians loooved that stuff...

Chocomel

No fancy make up around the eyes like pre HH 1k seem to have on their helmets?

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Chocomel on January 16, 2013, 10:02:49 PM
No fancy make up around the eyes like pre HH 1k seem to have on their helmets?

It was fancier than this? I just went with the good old kohl  :o
...do tell.../show?