News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Tau-Ork Alliance (Da Torks!) vs. Deathwing in "Of Tau and Orks" (1500)

Started by BigToof, January 18, 2013, 03:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

The Tau-Ork Alliance (Da Torks!) vs. Deathwing in "Of Tau and Orks" (1500)

Hi All,
So yes, TAU and ORKS.  Living together.  The world has ended.
Or rather, the fun has just begun!

After hearing lots of good things about Tau and Ork alliances, I decided to try one out, and it was a lot of fun.
And against a very interesting opponent, the NEW Dark Angels.  Deathwing Terminator flavour.
One of my mates, a diehard DA player was happy to get his hands on the new Codex, and it took very little effort to get him to put together a game.
Not an easy battle, but certainly quite enjoyable!

Enjoy!

Best,
-BT

P.S.  As usual, C&C is greatly appreciated.

--------------
The Lists
--------------
The Tau-Ork Alliance (AKA Da Torks!) 1500pts: 61 Infantry, 1 Vehicle, 3 Artillery, 1 Fort; 11 VPs
Tau'n Sept Protectors
-Shas'El w/TL-Missile Pod, Irridum Armor, MT, TL, BSF
-Fire Warriorsx6
-Fire Warriorsx6
-Broadsidesx2 w/BSF, TL
-Broadsidesx2 w/BSF, TL
WAARGH! Grumgutz
-Warlord Grumgutz Bitzgrabber (Warboss w/Bike, PK, Cybork)
-Lootasx8
-Da Big Five (Nob Bikersx5 w/PK, Painboy, W!Banner, Bosspole)
-Shootasx30
-DakkaJet w/Supa-Shootasx3, Ace Pilot
-Lobbasx3 w/Ammo Grot
Bastion w/Quadgun

Deathwing 1500pts: 27 Infantry, 1 Vehicle; 6 VPs
Belial
Librarian w/Terminator Armor, Auspex
Terminatorsx10 w/TH/SS and Cyclonesx2
Terminatorsx10 w/TH/SS and Cyclonesx2
Tactical Marinesx5 w/ML+Flakk in Drop Pod

-----------------------------------
Chapter One: Strange Bedfellows
-----------------------------------
Shas'El Sha'shiva frowned as the newest reports came in.  The Orks were moving faster than they had thought.  She glanced over her shoulder at the teams of Earth Caste Tau working hand in hand with Imperial Gue'seva.  Her Cadre had received a distress call from the planet of Orvyn Prime, and had arrived in time to see that the situation was hopeless.  An entire Ork WAARGH! had descended upon the planet and was devouring everything in its path in an orgy of destruction.  She shook her head in frustration.  She had attended all the lectures given by Shas'O Sha'shera on Xeno tactica, but nothing seemed to be working.

Her Warriors had tried every sort of common deception, running Mont'ka tactics to try to slow the Orkish advance.  But, the greenskins seemed to care little for their losses and more and more of the green tide was flooding the area.  Hopefully, she would still have time to evacuate the Gue'seva and their families.  She looked over the desperate humans.  They had, after some trepidation, agreed to serve the Greater Good, and were now boarding their hastily made transports.  With luck, they would be able to depart with little trouble.  She turned her head when the communicator crackled to life.  One of her Shas'Ui were reporting in.

"Shas'El!  Long range scanners have picked up new craft entering into orbit."

Sha'shiva nodded gravely, "Orks?"

"No Shas'El.  They are Imperial.  Space Marines."

The older Tau nodded again, "Good.  Then they will be able to assist with the..."

There was another crackle and Sha'shiva frowned as the sky lit up with explosions.

"Report.  What was that?"

The Shas'Ui gasped in disbelief, "The...  The Space Marines.  They are firing on the Gue'seva transports!"

Sha'shiva growled, "Madness!"

Suddenly, a wide-band communication signal broke into the conversation.  The holographic image of a terminator clad Space Marine looked impassively at Shi'va.

"Xenos.  This is the Dark Angel vessel Emperor's Wrath.  You are not wanted here."

"You dare to fire on your own people?"

"They are traitors, Tau, the moment they agreed to your offer.  Their lives are forfeit.  Unless you wish to share their fate, leave now."

The holo ended, leaving Sha'shiva to shake her head muttering, "I would rather deal with an Ork."

"Funny you should say dat Fish-head."

A garbled, but still intelligible signal shoved its way into the holoconference.

"Dis is Warlord Grumgutz Bitzgrabber.  Me boyz have been krumpin' the lot of you and now we'z is all outta gitz ta smash.  Now dem Beakies ain't shootin' you lot on the surface, and dere's a reason fer it.  Da Beakies ain't here 'cause they wanna help.  They is here 'cause they got bitz that they want fer themselves.  You want them runts safe, right?  I want them bitz.  So, let's make a deal.  I fink it's an offer you can't refuse..."

----------------------
Setup: Vanguard (Night Fight: OFF)
Mission: Relic (oh... stars...)
Warlord: Shas'El: All Tau within 12" use Ld, Belial: Extra VP for Warlord Kill
Psyker: Librarian: Prescience (No surprise there...)
----------------------

To Be Continued:
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Cammerz

20 TH-SS Terminators!? Is this Sparta? I think weight of fire is what you'll need here, hopefully it'll work.
If you take out the flakk missile early on then it will make your jet practically indestructable given that most of their guys have no ranged weapons whatsoever. I think the classic Tau tactic of keeping them at arms length and pouring shots into them would be better than trying to engage them with Da Big Five, at least until their numbers have been depleted sufficiently.
Good luck with this one.

Rej

This looks like it'll be a real tumble, can't wait! And classic imperial jerks, love it!
Phew...

Arguleon-veq

Army on army I think you should be able to keep off him and pick him apart with your firepower, the only problem with that being if he goes first, gets first blood [assuming your quadgun doesnt get that pod] and then takes the relic it may be a struggle for any of your units besides the nob bikes to hold it.

I like your list, it has a threat everywhere, not sure on the Lobbas though, there to provide a grot for the quadgun?
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Lord Sotek

Looking forward to this one, 'toof! Dark Angels make for such great 'bad guys', and I love how perfectly this bit of fluff sets up an Ork/Tau alliance; the reasons it uses means that the coalition works flawlessly, and doesn't suffer from the lack of plausibility/believability common to unusual-combo Allies lists.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

BigToof

Hi All,
Thank you for the very fine comments.
I will try to respond to them when I am able, as I am currently suffering through the unfortunate evolutionary manifestation that is Windows 8.

It's... taking some getting used to.

But, here's a bit to hopefully tide everyone over.

Best,
-BT

-----------------------
Setup: In some games, you get the terrain fairy.  In other games, the terrain fairy gets you.  This game was again, one of the latter.  I was somewhat hampered by the knowledge that this was a relic game, so I put my Bastion right in the center of my quadrant, about 12" or so out of deployment.  That should keep it from being assaulted too soon.  Hopefully.
Ruins and trees went down, scattering near the corners with trees near the center.  Of note was one decently sized ruin that went down just out of my deployment zone to the right.  It blocked LoS and I knew it was going to be trouble from the start (spoiler alert: it was...)
My opponent won the roll to go first and had me deploy first.  Fair Enough.
I put Grumgutz and the Big Five on the starting line looking out at the Relic.  Boyz behind them, making a protective barrier for the Lootas and Fire Warriors behind them.  Lobbas hung out next to the bastion.  I put a team of Broadsides inside and a team on the battlements (with Shas'El in tow).  Things looked ready to start and indeed, not to much surprise, my opponent depoloyed... nothing.  Hmmph, didn't think you could do that anymore, but what with Deathwatch and Drop Pod shenanigans no rule is absolute.

Picture Currently MIA!

Picture Caption: Huh... nobody's around...  I guess that means we win right?  Right?
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Typical Microsoft, it seems every other OS is good, with the remainder being rather poor in comparison; 2000 good, ME bad, XP good, Vista bad, 7 good, 8 bad, the next one should be alright though.

As for this whole, deploying nothing. Did he actually provide you with a rule showing that he could? If not then it sounds like a default win for you, even with a load of drop pods, he should have at least a scout squad hanging around on the board somewhere. Can anyone with the 'dex confirm or deny this?

But nevermind, its just a friendly game and you almost certainly defeated him. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the report when it materialises.

The Man They Call Jayne

I think the rules say that you MUST have at least 50% of your army (units wise) on the field at the start of the game. No more empty table deployments.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

BigToof

Hi All,
Not dead.  Apologies again for the delay!

Here's the rest of the rep!

Enjoy!
-BT

P.S.  Missing Setup Pic found!

Picture Caption: Huh, yeah, nobody in fact.

DA chooses to go second, declines to steal.

TOrks start first!

-------------------

Shas'El Sha'shiva checked the captured bastion again.  The Gue'seva had managed to put together a fully armed outpost from which they could make their last desperate stand.  She only hoped that it would be enough.  The Space Marines known as the Dark Angels had been making systematic strikes against the remaining Tau forces, ignoring the Orks, but shattering her Cadre. At first, she thought it was another aspect of their genocidal madness, but then the Ork known as Grumgutz had found something. 

It was an underground bunker, hidden deep within Tau territory.  Intricate, with ancient looking construction, it withstood the best of the Orks' violent attempts to tear open.  The Tau, however, were more subtle.  The Earth Caste had managed to use some of their drones and mimic an Imperial signal.  Once that was done, the bunker opened to reveal an enormous, heavy vault that was covered with odd seals, inscriptions, and explosives.

Sha'shiva still shook her head at that monstrosity.  The Tau were slowly deactivating all of the devices, but it was taking time.  Whatever was inside was clearly valuable to the Space Marines, and if they could get their hands on it, perhaps a cease-fire of some kind could be bargained.  All they would have to do is be patient.  Although, that was easier said than done.

A loud crack brought her attention back to the battlefield, and she rushed out, frowning as she saw a familiar group of Broadsides.

"Bang! What part of 'extremely limited resources' did I not make clear?!"

The Shas'Ui turned towards Sha'shiva with a practiced innocent shrug, trying to ignore the freshly made hole in a nearby ruin.  Sha'shiva frowned and then sighed in exasperation.  Shas'Ui Kor'va was an annoyance that had been with her for countless engagements.  Nicknamed "Bang" by the Gue'seva for his love of firing his Railgun, Kor'va had been instrumental in dealing with the Orks.  If only because he actually seemed to enjoy being around them.

"Shiva!" called out the Shas'Ui, "Sorry for the noise!  Just bonding with my new friends here."

Sha'shiva looked around at the motly group of Orks that were surrounding the Shas'Ui.  They were rude, crude, and held enormous guns that were caked with foul-looking dirt and rust.  The Orks looked up at her and snorted, some making rude gestures. 

She frowned as she noticed that Kor'va did nothing to stop them.

"Shas'Ui, come here.  We need to talk."

Kor'va nodded, patting one of th Orks on the shoulder while the others hooted about the enormous hole he had made with his Railgun.

"What's the matter Shiva?  Am I not being friendly enough?"

Sha'shiiva snorted, "I did not ask you to be friendly, Bang.  I asked you to be cordial.  The Orks are not to be trusted."

Kor'va shrugged, "I don't know why you say that.  They're not that different from us, you know.  Did you know that there's subgroups of Orks?  Some of them are quite the experts on guns.  Well... at least as expert as you can be with an Ork.  Those Lootas over there in fact..."

"I'm not interested in the cultural analysis of our 'hosts,' Bang.  I want all of my Cadre ready for the Marines.  They will strike soon.  I can feel it."

The Shas'Ui nodded, "Sooner is better.  I want to see how their vaunted armor stands up against a Railgun shot.  My prediction?  Not well."

Sha'shiva turned away.  She didn't ask for Bang's opinion, but she didn't feel as confident.  The Marines were taking their time, which was never a good sign.  All they could do was wait.
--------------------------

Turn 1: TOrks
-----------------
"Boss!  Boss!"

Warlord Grumgutz Bitzgrabber turned in the seat of his Warbike.  An out of breath Shoota Boy ran up, whirling his arms.

"Da Mekboyz done fixed it straight!  Da Bitz is good ta go!"

Grumgutz nodded to his bodyguards, the appropriately named Big Five.  The huge Nobz gunned the engines of their bikes and the sinister sextet rocketed forwards.  Grumgutz wasn't sure what the bitz were, but whatever it was, the Beakies would be on their way soon.
------------------
So... now what?

I think for a bit and then decide that I might as well just press my luck.  I zoom forwards with the Big Five and Grumgutz, depositing them right next to the Relic.  The Shoota Boyz run up following them.

Picture Caption: We got it! ...  Now what?

Turn 1: Dark Angels
----------------
Librarian Meklos Evangiel frowned when he saw the orbital photographs.  The Forbidden Vault had been uncovered and the Orks and Tau had somehow decided to join forces in opening it.  The Vault contained the Book of Forbidden Names, a powerful artifact that although the Xenos could not use in any meaningful way, it could be incredibly dangerous if it fell into the wrong hands.

"Master Belial.  The Orks must be stopped."

Belial, Master of the Deathwing, nodded in agreement.  The Xenos would feel his blade and the Deathwatch would have their victory this day.   This, he swore.
-------------------

And... using the Deathwings' strange rules (is this right?), all of the Terminators come in.  The Librarian's ten man squad comes in, hiding to the right, but still within 12" of the Nob Bikers.  Belial comes in (without scatter?) to the left, landing dead on and looking at the Lootas.
The Drop Pod falls away quite a bit and ends up to the far right of the field.  The Marines disembark and are forgotten for most of the game...

Shooting opens up with a few raised eyebrows, as the Libby has an Auspex, which apparently drops your cover save!  So, instead of my normal 4+, it's a 5+, and they end up cutting down a Nob Biker with their twin-linked (really?) Missile Launchers.  Ouch.  Belial's crew do a number on the Fire Warriors and Lootas, knocking them both down to numbers needing a morale check (wait... they can split fire and get twin-linked shots?  Hmmm... I feel power creep...).  Surprisingly, the Lootas make it, but the Fire Warriors fall back...

Picture Caption: It's rainin' Beakies!  And not in the good way!

Turn 2: TOrks
--------------
Sha'shiva nodded as she saw the Terminators land.  The Marines had once again chosen an aggressive posture.  A mistake that would cost them their lives.
She opened her comm, "All forces.  Link to my targeting array.  Open f..."

"GIVE 'EM DAT DAKKA!!!"

Suddenly, the air was filled with screams and lead as the entire Orkish armada let go with everything that had a trigger.  She shook off her shock and looked around at the other Tau who seemed just as surprised.

"Well?  What are we waiting for?  Let's show the Orks how shooting is really done."

----------------

The Fire Warriors thankfully fall within 12" of the Shas'El, and they rally using her leadership.
I put them far in the back.  Grumgutz and the Nobz move away from the Libby's Terminators, taking the relic with them!
The Shootas move up to tarpit Belial's Terminators.

The entire army fires at Belial's squad, knocking them to about half or so, as he rolls hella well, but the Shootas still get their assault off.  I do remember to save a Railgun shot for the Drop Pod, which explodes quite nicely.

Belial chops down a pair of Orks, and the Terminators take down a few, but Belial gets wounded, and the Terminators are knocked down to just a few Marines!

Picture Caption: Boyz.  How Orks deal with 2+ shenanigans.

Turn 2: Dark Angels
-------------
The Librarian chases after Grumgutz, shooting up the Nob Bikers a bit, but nothing critical.  They try for an assault, but fail.
Belial chops up a few more Boyz, but loses a Terminator in the process.

Picture Caption: Haha!  Youz can't catch me!

Turn 3: TOrks
--------------
Sha'shiva shook her head.  Somehow the Orks were actually beating down the Terminators.  Their Irridium-class armor was falling apart as the Orks hit them with the equivalent of sharpened metal sticks.  It didn't seem possible but...

"Shiva!"

Sha'shiva looked over at Bang, who was pointing with great enthusiasm at something.  She looked over and saw Grumgutz laughing and slowly moving away from another group of Terminators that were moving out of cover.  She couldn't believe it.  The Orks were doing a Mont'ka maneuver.  She nodded to her Shas'Ui.

"All forces, open fire!  Let us not let this opportunity go to waste!"
---------------

My Dakkajet still doesn't show up.
No matter.

I continue to pull away with the Nob Bikers.

The Fire Warriors shuffle around a bit and then Railgun, plasma, Quadgun and Deffgun fire at the Librarian's squad.  The Lobbas pick off a Cyclone Missile Termie and a few more fall as he continues to make quality saves, and the Deathwing are  fearless, which means they aren't going anywhere...

Oh, and more Boyz fall, but the Termies are running out fast.

Picture Caption: So this is what Mont'ka feels like on THIS end!

Turn 3: Dark Angels
--------------------
"Boss!  Dey's gonna krump us!"

Librarian Meklos Evangiel smirked as he watched the Orks try to stop his Terminators.  They were failing.  Miserably.  He looked back at the vaunted Warlord Grumgutz Bitzgrabber, who was slowly winding up his enormous Power Klaw.  Too slow.

Meklos slammed his Force Staff into the Warlord and concentrated, trying to summon the Warp to fry the enormous beast.  But, he felt the power slowly fall away from him.  He scowled.  He must have exhausted his charge already.

Meklos looked up and he saw the Ork grinning at him.

"What's da matta Beakie?  Youz got krumpin' problems?  Here, lemme lend you a helpin' Klaw!"
-------------------
The Librarian decides that he needs to do something epic, so pops Prescience on his squad.
They then forgo shooting to assault the Big Five!
He needs something like 10-11", and makes it!

My overwatch does nothing.

He challenges Grumgutz, and I accept.
The Librarian gets one wound through the Boss' saves, and I'm a bit sad when he Force Weapons the Boss...
Then I ask if his Libby is a level two...  And after a quick check, uh, no.  He isn't.
So the Boss gets to swing back and hits 3 big insta-killing wounds, but the Libby saves them all!
The Termies smack around some of the Nob Bikers, and he makes pretty much all of his saves.
I'm faced with a tough morale roll, fail it, and then he rolls a 6 to run the Nobz down...
And then I realize that he's wearing Terminator armor.
So uh... no Sweeping Advances there :)
But the Terminators manage to consolidate onto the relic!  (oh noes!)

Picture Caption: Ouch!  Da Boss knows when the getting's good!

Turn 4: TOrks
-------------
Librarian Evangiel howled in dismay as the last of the Terminators fell.  He looked at the Vault.  It was cracked, but still salvagable.  He would just have to hold them off somehow.  He would need a miracle.

Dropping to one knee, he said a quick prayer to the Emperor and opened his eyes when he heard a roaring sound.

However, it was clearly not what he was expecting as Flyboy Killkwik opened up all of his Supa-Shootas on the Marine, laughing as the high-calibur weaponry slapped the man around like a toy.

It was a good day to be an Ork.
---------------------

And finally, FINALLY the DakkaJet comes in.
My army does what it does best and shoots the beans out of the Terminators, dropping them all except the Libby, who eats 18 twin-linked Supa-Shoota shots from the Dakkajet and bites the dust.
The Belial fight is now down to the Master of the Deathwing versus... Twenty or so Orks.

I think they got this.

Picture Caption: When in doubt, add more DAKKA!

Turn 4: Dark Angels
-----------------
With only the Marines left, they at least shoot down the Dakkajet with their Flakk Missile and then decide to concede.
Belial eats a Choppa to the face and falls down.

Picture Caption: And that's all she wrote.

-----------------------------
Result: TOrk Victory!
-----------------------------

Post-Game Thoughts:
Huh, I like it!  The Bastion worked out quite well, and the Broadsides did solid work, as did the Shas'El.  The Fire Warriors helped out as well...

I'm not 100% convinced that the build wouldn't be stronger with Orks as primary, but then again, we didn't have any armor for the Tau to beat up on.

Still, a good game, and even though the DA do have a load of funky rules, it wasn't anything that the Orks (and Tau) couldn't deal with!
----------------------

Sergeant Mordian scowled.  The Xenos had soundly defeated the Deathwing.  He wasn't told what the secret was that the 1st Company had been called upon to secure, but he was told what to do if things had failed.

He opened his vox to the Battle Barge, "This is Sergeant Mordian.  The 1st Company has fallen.  Activate Teleporter arrays and bring back what you can.  Then, by the direct order vested unto me by Master Belial himself, I do order Exterminatus on this planet.  May the Emperor guide us."

Sha'shiva tried not to smirk when she heard the Orks scream and howl as the Terminators teleported back to their ship.  No trophies for them it would seem.  She shook her head.  Such pointless bloodshed, what were the Marines after anyway?

She walked over to the Vault, now cracked and broken, and tore the door off it's hinges.  She looked inside for a few moments, and then pulled out a worn-looking book.  It was covered with odd looking chains and scraps of paper dense with Imperial script, although the kind was not something she was familiar with.  She shook her head as an odd buzzing seemed to pop up on her comms.  Sha'shiva made a mental note to have the Earth Caste check her gear.  Perhaps there was something wrong with the communication grid...

"Hurr, hurr, not a bad fight, eh, Fish'ead?"

Sha'shiva felt her scowl pop back as she looked back up to see Warlord Grumgutz Bitzgrabber and his Orks.  They had surrounded her and her Broadsides.  She shivered a bit, as she remembered what Orks often did to their "allies" after a fight.  It made Kroot seem compassionate by comparison.

"I take it you're here for this then?" she said, holding out the book.

Grumgutz shrugged and laughed, "Naw.  A book's no good to an Ork.  But what's in it is a different story."

The huge Ork looked over the Book for a few long moments and then at Sha'shiva and her Tau.  Sha'shiva frowned a bit when she saw the Ork scratch his ear, as if irritated by something.

"You don't feel nothin', eh?" Grumgutz said, looking carefully at Sha'shiva.

The Shas'El looked at Bang, who just shrugged.

"No, we're fine.  Why?"

The Warlord snorted and nodded to himself, "Dat's good then.  In fact, dat's right good.  You hold onta dat book.  Da Beakies are gonna..."

There was a roaring sound and all parties looked to the sky that seemed to explode in a hail of fire.  Sha'shiva felt her eyes widen as warning signs and klaxons lit up across her screens.

"Madness...," she said, "The Marines... They've used some kind of atmospheric destroyer.  We've...  We've got to get out of here."

Grumgutz nodded with a chuckle, "Yep, dem Beakies is sore losers alright.  You come with us Fish'ead, I got plans."

Sha'shiva frowned and was about to say something when Bang drew her attention, pointing at the horde of very well-armed Orks surrounding them that seemed all-too-eager to slice them to pieces.  She remembered the massacre just hours ago and simply nodded.

"I believe you have us at a disadvantage.  If you will grant my people safe passage, we will accompany you."

Grumgutz laughed, "Good, I thought ya might say that.  Now let's get goin' before all da air burns up.  I got someone who I thinks you should meet.  Name's Louie.  You lot got a lot to talk about, I figure..."
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Nice report BT, I think Bang might turn into an interesting character, and if I had access to a railgun I'd probably act in a very similar way.

I must say some of those rules do sound wrong, particularly the whole 'nobody on the board at the start of the fight', I'd ask to see the specific rule which allows that (if one exists). Split-firing and twin-linking weapons sound wrong but I can see GW giving that sort of thing to their new poster-children. The auspex dropping cover saves sounds like its dipping into Tau markerlight territory a bit but as long as only the character benefits it should be alright. Again, can someone who actually has the book verify any of these rules?

Grumgutz is always fun, and I'm glad Da Big Five have made a return in 6th edition, I seem to recall you removing them from your list for 5th edition as many people felt they were too OP and wouldn't play against them.

One thing I have picked up on, it isn't a big deal but the Tau word for 'human helpers' is gue'vesa not gue'seva, just so you know for future reports.

I think having 28 models at 1500pts was a massive risk for your opponent as you only need a few lucky rolls to obliterate his entire army (which is of course what happened, mass dice rolling is very fun).

Anyway, looking forward to your next report, (and also looking forward to Shiva meeting Lorilune).

Job's a good un!

Rej

Good report! I like where the stories going, I think the main female Tau could use a bit more character though, she seems pretty straight up and down, I dunno, it just seems like theres more to her that isn't being shown. I do like Bang though. Looking forward to the next rep!
Phew...

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on February 02, 2013, 11:22:01 PM
And... using the Deathwings' strange rules (is this right?), all of the Terminators come in.  The Librarian's ten man squad comes in, hiding to the right, but still within 12" of the Nob Bikers.  Belial comes in (without scatter?) to the left, landing dead on and looking at the Lootas.
The Drop Pod falls away quite a bit and ends up to the far right of the field.  The Marines disembark and are forgotten for most of the game...

Shooting opens up with a few raised eyebrows, as the Libby has an Auspex, which apparently drops your cover save!  So, instead of my normal 4+, it's a 5+, and they end up cutting down a Nob Biker with their twin-linked (really?) Missile Launchers.  Ouch.  Belial's crew do a number on the Fire Warriors and Lootas, knocking them both down to numbers needing a morale check (wait... they can split fire and get twin-linked shots?  Hmmm... I feel power creep...).  Surprisingly, the Lootas make it, but the Fire Warriors fall back...

Deathwing Assault allows the Deathwing to deepstrike every unit either on the first turn or the second turn without the need to roll for reserves and this is kept secret from the opponent by writing it down somewhere.  When they deepstrike during that turn, their shooting weapons are all twin-linked. As for Belial, he has a special rule where any unit that he is in does not scatter for deepstriking.

Lastly, the Auspex does reduce cover save, but only for the unit that he is attached to along with himself.

Cammerz

Quote from: crisis_vyper on February 03, 2013, 06:16:57 AM
Deathwing Assault allows the Deathwing to deepstrike every unit either on the first turn or the second turn without the need to roll for reserves and this is kept secret from the opponent by writing it down somewhere. 

And does this negate the rule which states that at least half of your army must start on the table?