News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Fake or not?

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, February 03, 2013, 10:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

I am shortly to be purchasing a sizable number of cards, around 12-1300 from a friend. There are many different editions and rarities, but one set of about 60 cards stood out as the design was really different.

The card was normal sized, but the colours were different on some of the cards that that are in the others there was a pale brown card for example that was a monstrer. And the info box describing the moster or spell was on the bottom left and the stats were in a box on the bottom right. There was also a hologram effect in the pattern of a spider web/fractured glass kind of thing that you could only see by angling the card against the light. It says 1st edition on it in small writing, and it had the right back pattern and the makers name on it, but I can't find anything about them anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas? Im still going to buy the set, but I am wondering if these particular cards are legit or not.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

It's difficult to tell sometimes. An easy way could be to use the yugioh online site we played on, and search for the card names of the suspect cards. If they are legit, you can compare them in this way.

Hopefully that helps! :)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

The Man They Call Jayne

Oh they are legitimate cards in terms of what they ARE. Dark Magician and Mirror Force and all that. THOSE are all real. Im just wondering if the cards themselves are real as I have never seen this style of card anywhere before.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

It's possible that they are not proper-authority cards, but to be honest as long as they are legitimate cards, reasonable players wouldn't care unless you're in a tournament :)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

InsaneTD

Maybe try a local card shop? They may know.

I believe google can use images tas a search term now, or at least there is an app for that, maybe try that and see what comes up?