News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tomb Lords - Chapter Biography [WIP]

Started by Narric, July 31, 2019, 02:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Needing to consolidate the lore I have devised in my head, and hopefully get some critique on it.

Tomb Lords

MarineBasic DataChapter Symbol
==[[Primaris in standard MK X Tacticus Armour]]==

==[[Helmet variants]]==

==[[Cawl Pattern Bolt Rifle]]==

• Founding Chapter: Imperial Fists
  • Founding: 15th, M36
  • Chapter Master:
  • Homeworld: Pyrodiah (Segmentum Tempestus)
  • Fortress-Monastery:
  • Colours: Sandstone, Blue
  • Speciality: Siege Warfare, Necrons
  • Strength: Roughly 80%, further split as 57% Ascended Primaris, and 43% Indoctrinated.
  • Battle Cry: "Send them to their Tombs!" "For Pyrodiah!"

History
The Tomb Lords are a Successor Chapter to the Imperial Fists, and as such follows its parent Chapters' preference for siege warfare. The world of Pyrodiah was formally ruled by feudal warlords, but was quickly brought in-line with Imperial doctrine when it was assigned as the Tomb Lords Homeworld. Between M36 and M41, known as the Age of Apostasy, the Necron presence far beneath the surface began to stir. The Tomb Lords returned home to counter-attack the threat from beneath the worlds' feet, and pushed back against the metallic menace. Through grueling combat within the Necron catacombs deep underground, the threat was effectively neutralized, though pockets of the ancient robots still persist across the planet, rising to harass civilian and military centers.

Organisation

Doctrines and Codex Adherence

Mabbz

Looks good to me. All I will say is that the Master of the Forge jumps a bit too quickly from accidentally managing to preserve necron equipment to wanting to make it part of the chapter's armour. Not to mention the strange lack of apparent opposition to the blatant tech heresy.

Of course, these are just some things to add in the future, not actual criticisms of what you already wrote

Narric

The technological heresy is something I'm having to have deep thoughts on.

Would it be wiser to have Rignios slowly integrate the necron metal first, like in replacement armour pieces to examine how well the metal integrates with the power armour? Maybe "finding" the alternate Power Armour schematic in some random catacomb of the Homeworld?

I feel I'd need some catalytic incidents on the planet in order for the chapter to be forced to use the weaponry, and so discover through experience that it might be better.

Narric

Tentatively getting back into the hobby, but going to be dropping the Heretic aspect of this chapter.

The Tomb Lords no longer have a fall from grace via the adoption of Necron technology, but they still stake claim of the Tomb World of Pyrodiah.

To account for the new Lore for Space Marines as a faction, the Tomb Lords are among the chapters that wholly embraced the Primaris, and their Firstborn ranks willingly stepped forward to ascend to the new tier of Primaris.

In terms of models, I'm putting together a humble force of 500pts for 9th Edition:
Primaris Lieutenant
a 5man squad of Intercessors, Assault Intercessors, Scouts, and a Razorback transport.

I'll be updating my Tomb Lords army list to reflect this as well.

The artwork used in the OP is free-to-download content from the Warhammer Community website: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/29/new-warhammer-40000-the-ultima-founding-may29gw-homepage-post-4/

Cammerz

Yeah, the Warhammer Community template is great for things like this, I look forward to seeing them painted up.

With their speciality in siege warfare; is that attacking (driving the necrons from their tombs) or defending (like their founding chapter)?

Narric

Quote from: Cammerz on May 26, 2022, 05:06:33 PM
With their speciality in siege warfare; is that attacking (driving the necrons from their tombs) or defending (like their founding chapter)?
I'm kind of undecided on that.
I partly think that as a chapter they're well trained in both forms of Siege Warfare, with perhaps a company dedicated to one or the other, perhaps their Assault Companies have great Siege Attack tendencies, while the Devastator Companies have a more Siege Defense leaning?

Narric

Made an adjustment of the Chapter's History section:

QuoteHistory
The Tomb Lords are a Successor Chapter to the Imperial Fists, and as such follows its parent Chapters' preference for siege warfare. The world of Pyrodiah was formally ruled by feudal warlords, but was quickly brought in-line with Imperial doctrine when it was assigned as the Tomb Lords Homeworld. Between M36 and M41, known as the Age of Apostasy, the Necron presence far beneath the surface began to stir. The Tomb Lords returned home to counter-attack the threat from beneath the worlds' feet, and pushed back against the metallic menace. Through grueling combat within the Necron catacombs deep underground, the threat was effectively neutralized, though pockets of the ancient robots still persist across the planet, rising to harass civilian and military centers.