News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

No.

I take it there is a counter rune. That is more common merely cause innkeepers, store owners and Lords and Ladies don't like being on the receiving end?

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Devil on December 14, 2013, 04:22:10 AM
No.

I take it there is a counter rune. That is more common merely cause innkeepers, store owners and Lords and Ladies don't like being on the receiving end?
There is.
Also, most things that detect/drain magick do the same to runes of that nature, meaning they're kind of hard to hide. And of course if everyone seems to like someone for no easily explained reason then questions get asked and rumours get started...
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Good to know.

Before anyone asks, Tybalt will do one...

... he'll work the price out as if for somebody off the street and add a 200% Mark up on top. And that's discounted. He doesn't like this rune.

Mabbz

Quote from: Ravager Zero on December 14, 2013, 02:15:42 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on December 13, 2013, 11:56:47 PM
How about we going with the idea that everyone not in the party (Marcus as the exception) is automatically smitten with Kahlan?
You do realise that female warriors/mages will quite common in Hygar...
I see no issue with this  :shifty:

There is a rune that makes you more likeable, but it won't make everyone that sees you fall for you.
People will just think you're a nice person—even if you wind up beating someone with their own boots. Everyone else will still think you're fairly nice, and that you have a good reason for doing whatever it is you're doing.

It isn't an easy rune to forge, and isn't exactly common either, but it does exist.
So, hard to forge, easy to counter, might make people suspicious, Tybalt won't like it, and Kahlan wouldn't approve either. Still, interesting...

InsaneTD

Strikes me as something the general public wouldn't actually know about, but something the upper class would use. Say Mayors of decent size towns, landed lords. Kings wouldn't generally want it and would have their court covered by a mana draining rune.

Of course, the criminal underworld would know about this with con artists working their entire careers trying to get one, and the big boss crime lords, guild leaders, using it to help make them look respectable in society.

Hmm, I have ideas for Tybalt's shop, but not sure it would work. Have to think on this.

Is there a "clear mind" rune? Basic idea is that it covers an area and neutralizes mind affect magicks/runes.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Devil on December 14, 2013, 08:28:23 AM
Is there a "clear mind" rune? Basic idea is that it covers an area and neutralizes mind affect magicks/runes.
Surprisingly, no.
Runes tend to be quite specific, with specific counter-runes as well.

There is however a Rune of Focus, and you also know of the Rune of Silence. With a specific third rune (which I still have to figure out) you could get something close to the effect you want.

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

I want a shop wide counter to mind/mood effecting runes and magick, without just silencing the area of mana. So I can still have the magick display cases and other protective/security runes working.

Ravager Zero

InsaneTD

Best one I've had all day. XD

I won't silence the area yet, I'm just ready to if this becomes a fight.

Narric

semi-off topic ramble
Kinda off topic, but it sorta works :P

Check out the monster on the right next to the human:
http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/i-ve-seen-enough-hentai-to-know-XD-422392840

Then look at the name.

Kraytor, are you sure you remember your nephewe very well :P

I think I'll keep Atlas at the doorway, with his hand on a blade. No sense crowding the corridor too much.

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

A quick aside on the duelling culture in Hygar:

Duels are always matters of honour, and almost always to the death (the northmen value strength above all else). The challenger names the time and place, the challenged party names the weapons (or skills), and decides whether there will be Seconds.

There is no legal penalty for causing a fatality in a duel. However, weregild must be paid to the appropriate guild/house/council as restitution for the death. As it stands, mistress Anatalya is worth 350 Silvers (29g2s) in weregild. (She's from a noble house, and serves as a skilled an valuable mercenary captain) Kraytor's price in weregild would be reckoned at only 200 Silvers (16g8s), the base price for any mage.

To decline a duel is considered a great dishonour among the inhabitants of Hygar, but is not technically illegal. There is dishonour implied if the challenger is either of much greater rank, or much greater skill than the challenged party. Anatalya is a slightly better mage than Kraytor only because she use a single canticle as opposed to Kraytor's two.

The Man They Call Jayne

"There is dishonour implied if the challenger is either of much greater rank, or much greater skill than the challenged party."

Seems like it should be the opposite. The should be no dishonour is turning down a duel you cannot possibly win because your opponant is a grand high overlord and you are a peasant, or because they can bend reality with their mind and you risk killing yourself with a potato peeler.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on December 29, 2013, 10:35:22 PM
"There is dishonour implied if the challenger is either of much greater rank, or much greater skill than the challenged party."

Seems like it should be the opposite. The should be no dishonour is turning down a duel you cannot possibly win because your opponant is a grand high overlord and you are a peasant, or because they can bend reality with their mind and you risk killing yourself with a potato peeler.
I should probably rephrase that bit.
The dishonour in this case belongs to the challenger, for asking to duel someone so far below their own station.

Also, the good news:
Anatalya is scared of Kraytor now.
Kraytor is still alive.

The bad news... well, let's just say it involves dice. Lots of dice.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Bit more world building in terms of the tradition of challenging in Hygar for you Rav. ;)

Reminds me actually, did I send you the prices for gear in Hygar? I can't remember it's been that long now.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http